14.000 Baht !

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anybody managed to book the 990 promotion??

the link is not working,

At standard rates BKK-Samui-BKK comes at 6344 with Nok

and 8200 with BKK Air.

not very interesting after all

Have a look HERE.

you sure are on fire smokie - ever considered stand-up?

it's not the 100THB cost - it's the fact that the pool and area was always busy before and now that they've hiked the price up several times, there's nobody. thai business strategy = lose a few customers, triple the prices.

I'm simply trying to lift your spirits now its clear you can no longer afford to visit Samui. I hear Bulgaria's got some cheap charter flights still.....!

it's not the 100THB cost - it's the fact that the pool and area was always busy before and now that they've hiked the price up several times, there's nobody. thai business strategy = lose a few customers, triple the prices.

I'm simply trying to lift your spirits now its clear you can no longer afford to visit Samui. I hear Bulgaria's got some cheap charter flights still.....!

oh ho ho - you crack me up smokie. :lol::boring:

I can afford to holiday anywhere I want in thailand, and I have - how about yourself? been around thailand? or just prop a bar in lamai with your farang mates? ;)

I prefer to get value for money. if you want the thais laughing at you coz they've just ripped you off then go ahead, be my guest.

besides, I thought you too had an issue with eg bkk air pricing? oh, you've conveniently forgot that.

I can afford to holiday anywhere I want in thailand, and I have - how about yourself? been around thailand? or just prop a bar in lamai with your farang mates? ;)

I prefer to get value for money. if you want the thais laughing at you coz they've just ripped you off then go ahead, be my guest.

besides, I thought you too had an issue with eg bkk air pricing? oh, you've conveniently forgot that.

Bangkok Airways economy class is poor value for money however the business class is decent value for the seat so I fly that way when I'm in a hurry otherwise I take a flight from Surat.

The crux of your post is slating a fictitious farang on Samui who spends all his time drinking in a flea pit in Lamai....I hope you have fun with the caricature....bears little resemblance I'm afraid......enjoy Phuket.....its a lovely place to start a yacht trip down to the islands. :whistling:

New possibility: Nok Air is flying to Nakonsithammarat. From there Lomprayah offers a coach to Suratthani and then the speed boat to Nathon. Suratthani - Nathon only 45 Minutes. From airport to Samui it's only 500 Baht .

this has already been discussed MUCH MUCH earlier in this topic !

wake up ! :lol:

My flight to Krabi from Bkk cost 1740 baht with air asia and i dont get those chopped diced formed and reformed crappy chicken sandwiches bkk air insist on serving :rolleyes: seems a hefty price bkk air are charging, i wonder if it is because they have too many flights operating out of peak season so you get a decent time slot but it costs you double to get it as the planes are half empty. If they didn't have so many flights though the surat thani option would become much more appealing as it's better to keep moving than sit around in an airport waiting for a flight.

Don Mueang - Phuket on NOK AIR: 789,01 Baht (incl. Taxes and 15 kg luggage)

booked just 10 days ago for departure on 4th of August

now how is THAT ? :)

Who got out of the wrong side of the bed today?:blink: Attitude like that, I think we would prefer you to take a holiday as far away as possible. Ever tried Outer Mongolia. Very cheap to get there and the curdled Yak's milk is delicious. I'm told...

It's going to be a long day! Road to Don Muang/Plane to Nakhon/Road to Donsak/Boat to Samui/Road to hotel.

Assuming that even if all the connections work out you can write off most of the day in travelling.

It really boils down to a balance of Bkk Air expense and travel time of 1 hour against a gruelling trip which

might take the edge off the holiday; plus the enormous possibility that one of the links in the travel chain will go

belly up.

right you are mr gatorade - neither option is particularly attractive:

bkk air = rip off fare.

nok deal = mucho pissing abouto.

solution - flick samui the v's and head somewhere else. that's gonna be my preferred option if the USM flight fare situation remains. It appears to be the option of many others too by the looks of the farang numbers on the island.

The greed of Bangkok Air is quite astounding, as things get worse they charge more

and are strangling the life out of Samui, and of course as they kill the golden goose

they will charge even more to visit the corpse. A pox on the management of BA.

That price is about right, expecially at short notice. The cheaper tickets sell out quicker, naturally. Bangkok Airways own the airport so can charge what they want.

I recently flew to Surat then travelled to Chaweng by surface. I wished I'd paid the 14k by the time I got there.

That price is about right, expecially at short notice. The cheaper tickets sell out quicker, naturally. Bangkok Airways own the airport so can charge what they want.

In some countries there are anti-monopoly laws. That might be one reason many people don't buy into the "it's their airport, they can charge what they want".

I recently flew to Surat then travelled to Chaweng by surface. I wished I'd paid the 14k by the time I got there.

I agree. Personally, it would be worth even $100 extra to get to Samui from BKK in one hour rather than going through the time and hassle of flying to Suratthani, taking a bus, taking a ferry, taking a songthaew to get to my destination.

Remember a few years ago, BKK air was going to increase fares. Locals went up in arms & nearly blockaded the airport. It took some local politicians to defuse matters. Sure enough 6 or so months down the track , they started to increase the price. If memory serves me right , the price increase in question at the time, was about Baht 150.00.

Remember a few years ago, BKK air was going to increase fares. Locals went up in arms & nearly blockaded the airport. It took some local politicians to defuse matters. Sure enough 6 or so months down the track , they started to increase the price. If memory serves me right , the price increase in question at the time, was about Baht 150.00.

Remember it too, it was after that they introduced the Samui resident card.

The Samui Resident card, now what good is that, really? Haven't had a single discount with that card sine I had it for the first time 3 years ago, due that I can book my flights early and the cheapest option available for which the resident card gives no extra incentive.

there was even a time, some oil crisis (?), when they charged additional to the airport tax another tax, as far as I can remember, 1150,-THB/ticket payable at the check in counter. And the ticket price was over 4.000 o/w.

Whilst travelling to/from Samui via Surat, it occured to me that I'd be willing to fly between them if it was still cheaper than flying direct and that there are plenty of possible sea plane landing places (some sea planes can land on normal runways too.

That said, it shouldn't be that hard to convince Bangkok Airways to lower their fares. They will want to open new routes occasionally and will need permission to do it.

It's going to be a long day! Road to Don Muang/Plane to Nakhon/Road to Donsak/Boat to Samui/Road to hotel.

Assuming that even if all the connections work out you can write off most of the day in travelling.

It really boils down to a balance of Bkk Air expense and travel time of 1 hour against a gruelling trip which

might take the edge off the holiday; plus the enormous possibility that one of the links in the travel chain will go

belly up.

I went via Surat.. Road to DMK took ages because the driver turned off the freeway and got stuck in traffic in Lad Prao at 8am..

Flight took an hour or so. Straight out into a minibus for 500b pp inc ferry. Missed the ferry and waited 55 mins. Ferry took about an hour. Paid 500b for a taxi to Chaweng. Got to the hotel about 3.30..

right you are mr gatorade - neither option is particularly attractive:

bkk air = rip off fare.

nok deal = mucho pissing abouto.

solution - flick samui the v's and head somewhere else. that's gonna be my preferred option if the USM flight fare situation remains. It appears to be the option of many others too by the looks of the farang numbers on the island.

Yes, after 4 years on Samui i booked a 1890baht flight to Saigon....:rolleyes:

I think i will not miss Samui, but the Vietnamese taxi drivers seems very close friends of Samui ones :annoyed: