Dudes In The Parking Lots

Calico

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's strange how they rush to get in the way when you are parking but are nowhere in sight when you want to leave and have to push four cars out of the way before you can get out of your space.

Also, I despise people who vandalise other people's cars out of petty jealousy but when some idiot parks right in front of my car and leaves his handbrake on I could cheerfully kick his headlights in.

Edited by inthepink

Also, I despise people who vandalise other people's cars out of petty jealousy but when some idiot parks right in front of my car and leaves his handbrake on I could cheerfully kick his headlights in.

I was hemmed in at a jetski tournament in Jomtien once.  After an hour of waiting, I let out most of the air in two tires.  Another hour of waiting until they came, and without a word of apology, got in their car and left.  I was slightly mollified when they looked out the windows at their tires and then pulled into a  gas station.

I don't think I have ever vandalized anything else in my life, and this was easily correctable, but man, inconsideration like that gets my goat.

It's strange how they rush to get in the way when you are parking but are nowhere in sight when you want to leave and have to push four cars out of the way before you can get out of your space.

We've had guys on here say it's OK to park in front of motors cos they're to lazy to park up.

As for the whistles, think it's just to make them feel like a cop :) or you think they're a cop.

I park in front of other cars when there's no space but not with the handbrake on or the car in gear. As bonobo said, it's the inconsideration that really annoys me. They are probably wandering around the mall in a daze while I have to sit and wait for the attendants to come with their trolley thing and try and drag the car out of the way. It's making me mad just thinking about it as I type! Perhaps I need to attend some anger management sessions. angry.gif

Edited by inthepink

We've had guys on here say it's OK to park in front of motors cos they're to lazy to park up.

As for the whistles, think it's just to make them feel like a cop :) or you think they're a cop.

I park in front of other cars when there's no space but not with the handbrake on or the car in gear. As bonobo said, it's the inconsideration that really annoys me. They are probably wandering around the mall in a daze while I have to sit and wait for the attendants to come with their trolley thing and try and drag the car out of the way. It's making me mad just thinking about it as I type! Perhaps I need to attend some anger management sessions. angry.gif

So, l have a weird form of arthritis in my knees and to push your motor out of the way WILL require me to take drugs when l get home, when in my normal Thai life l am drug free. Is that OK to you or is it an l don't care attitude. Yes- No. :)

For sure, if you parked in front of my motor and l saw that you were a farang that should know better, l would call you a f_cking tosser. Not normally my reaction to stuff but a farang !!! But now l think, you think, park in front of a Thai, no problem.:ermm:

you sound miserable. :(

people double park, because, wait for it -------- there are no other free spaces.

a 5 year old has enough strength to push a car in neutral out of the way.

it's truly amazing how you guys go out of your way to complain about stuff. :)

So, l have a weird form of arthritis in my knees and to push your motor out of the way WILL require me to take drugs when l get home, when in my normal Thai life l am drug free. Is that OK to you or is it an l don't care attitude. Yes- No. :)

For sure, if you parked in front of my motor and l saw that you were a farang that should know better, l would call you a f_cking tosser. Not normally my reaction to stuff but a farang !!! But now l think, you think, park in front of a Thai, no problem.:ermm:

If there are no spaces it is normal practice to park in front of another car. If you seriously cannot push a car then you should get a disabled sticker, otherwise how would I know? I don't care whether the car is owned by a Thai or foreigner. I was complaining about people who park in front of me and do not release their handbrake. Again, nothing to do with the nationality of the driver.

I did read your post. The next time I am in a shopping mall car park and faced with the choice of driving round in circles for an hour and a half or parking in front of another car with my handbrake off and in neutral I will still choose the easier option on the basis that it is highly unlikely to be your car I park in front of.

I never double park if there are free spaces and don't care how near the entrance I am. I don't know what you are getting so steamed up about but if you were as rude to me in person as you are being on here then you'd have a bloody long wait before I moved my car.

Edited by inthepink

I did read your post. The next time I am in a shopping mall car park and faced with the choice of driving round in circles for an hour and a half or parking in front of another car with my handbrake off and in neutral I will still choose the easier option on the basis that it is highly unlikely to be your car I park in front of.

I never double park if there are free spaces and don't care how near the entrance I am. I don't know what you are getting so steamed up about but if you were as rude to me in person as you are being on here then you'd have a bloody long wait before I moved my car.

Then mon amis, we would for sure have a dust up . The ' when in Thailand ' motoring stuff is concerned, do as the Thais do attitude by farangs, well you might as well drive on the wrong side of the road and jump red lights to save some time as well. The word l am looking for is, inconsiderate.

Yeah well, if your legs are as bad as you say then I always have the option of running away.

I don't think it's inconsiderate, it's standard practice. They even put signs out on days that they don't want people to do it for one reason or another. You could easily find an attendant within a couple of minutes to push a car for you but if the handbrake was on, which was my original point, then it takes ages to get them moved. To compare it to driving on the wrong side of the road or running red lights is plainly ridiculous.

It's not a case of doing as the Thais do but following the parking policy of the shopping mall I am visiting.

Edited by inthepink

so we should never park in front of a car because the driver might have arthritis and be incapable of moving it out of the way?

solid logic there. :)

Yes, it's called, ' using your loaf ' and to be considerate and think of others, but if you want to act like lazy Thais then l say no more.

The car parks have nowhere near enough spaces for the number of customers; that's why Thai people double park, not because they are lazy (certainly not all of them anyway). You must get upset about a lot of things over here if you expect them to behave exactly as people did in your home country.

so we should never park in front of a car because the driver might have arthritis and be incapable of moving it out of the way?

solid logic there. :)

Yes, it's called, ' using your loaf ' and to be considerate and think of others, but if you want to act like lazy Thais then l say no more.

The car parks have nowhere near enough spaces for the number of customers; that's why Thai people double park, not because they are lazy (certainly not all of them anyway). You must get upset about a lot of things over here if you expect them to behave exactly as people did in your home country.

Far from it, in general terms, let's just say l have been brought up to be considerate to others and not do as others do cos it's easy.

Never had a problem parking, just park outside, easy.

You've obviously never been to the mall in Ladprao then. It gets so busy it took over an hour and a half on one particular day to get out of the car park!

For those saying Thai only park when double when there are no spaces its not true. I just came back from the local carefour. Plenty of free spaces further out in the parking lot.. but close by all double parked. So it has nothing to do with full or not.. has everything to do with easy and lazy

For those saying Thai only park when double when there are no spaces its not true. I just came back from the local carefour. Plenty of free spaces further out in the parking lot.. but close by all double parked. So it has nothing to do with full or not.. has everything to do with easy and lazy

Thanks chum, my point. :)

Doesn't mean its in every place the same. But i just parked in the back saw plenty of spaces but many double parked cars closer to the entrance.

Can someone explain this world wide phenomenon.....you pull into an empty car park and park at the back out the way in case it gets busy. When you return the car park is half empty but guaranteed some halfwit has parked right next to you often that close you can only open the door halfway and have to squeeze in or get in the passenger side and slide over. Maybe its a safety by numbers psychological thing?

As for the dudes in the car parks there just trying to make a living and pittance at that but do agree the whistle blowing is a tad annoying sometimes especially if it is random blows that do not make any logical sense.

Edited by SOMCHAISBROTHER

I wouldn't mind if when they turn up they actually look at you and say sorry. But most of the rude twots will not bother!!!

Yes. God I HATE them. I need to go outside and thrash the dogs...

I hit a soi dog the other night, on Sukhumvit 101/1. Not driving fast but still caught him on his rump! No damage except some scratches on my bumper. I can only imagine they came from grit in his coat.

Edited by onnut

I don't think anyone said that did they? I said I only double park when there are no spaces and not all Thai people do it out of laziness.

I don't think anyone said that did they? I said I only double park when there are no spaces and not all Thai people do it out of laziness.

You did not say it but acted like it did not happen often. What you do i don't care about if you say you dont then you dont.

I said exactly this:

"The car parks have nowhere near enough spaces for the number of customers; that's why Thai people double park, not because they are lazy (certainly not all of them anyway)."

Seems fairly clear to me.

Mind you, that is based on my experiences mainly at Ladprao mall when I lived near there. That car park genuinely is full most of the time.

Edited by inthepink