Ringed Cars On Sale In Pattaya.

Cuban

So second-hand cars sales are rough the world over, in Thailand more so where the average seller doesn't give a toss about the buyer. In the article reported below on the PDN web site, one of the reporter's comments is that if a farang is scam that's fine, but a Thai or a poor Thai....

The appalling fact about this scam is that it is not perpetrated against farangs, who ostensibly could afford the loss, however, but against the poorest of the Thai poor.

Link - PDN Original news story.

I never posted this story in clippings but It can run here as its applicable to everyone please be careful what you post though when drawing comparisons.

The quote cuban made i cant find in the article maybe they changed it.

The link in Cuban's post works for me

The link i can find.. but i cant find the quote. I did not see them say that its ok if it was a farang who was ripped off.

There is apparently still some problems with PDN's website so those of us who use a certain popular browser plugin that I'm not allowed to mention by name are unable to read the page.

Maybe someone could just copy/paste in short what "ringed cars" is about.

PDN web site at 10:11 this morning...

post-31633-091544700 1280211125_thumb.jp

...and at 13:17 it looked like this.

post-31633-023956800 1280211327_thumb.jp

Don't believe this?

Simply do a Google search on the provocative words; "not perpetrated against farangs, who ostensibly could afford the loss", you should find two results offered, one link to this thread - the other to the PDN web site. They have changed the text of the story. Direct Google Link Here!

Ringed Car: Buy a crashed wreck with legal paperwork, steal another of the same make/model, change VIN, licence plate etc. then sell the stolen car with the clean identify of the wreck. If/when found out the buyer looses their cash with no insurance pay out. One reason that buyers of second-hand cars need to have crash history checked, not just for hidden damage but the risk of it being not what it appears to be.

Edited by Cuban

The quote cuban made i cant find in the article maybe they changed it.

The link in Cuban's post works for me

The link i can find.. but i cant find the quote. I did not see them say that its ok if it was a farang who was ripped off.

Believe you could be right stranger and stranger :ph34r:

There is apparently still some problems with PDN's website so those of us who use a certain popular browser plugin that I'm not allowed to mention by name are unable to read the page.

Maybe someone could just copy/paste in short what "ringed cars" is about.

I have the same problem Phil and use Chrome for their website.

Very nice and quick it is too

Despite the miscreant heading and subsequent posts, no matter the buyer in whatever country they live, it's a dirty thing to do. Less common in Oz now we have Vin numbers and microdot ID on dozens of parts in each car, but it still goes on on a small scale.