Vespa Back, And Sales Exceed Expectations

webfact

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

90k is a lot to spend on a fashion statement,

Try to tell this to the harley Guys...they spend a lot more for that. It is not only just a fashion statement, but character of the bike itself and being a cult really( same why harleys are being bought)....try to sell a fino after 5 year and compare what you will get when you sell a vespa after 5 years...

there don't seem to be any practical reasons to buy one.

no practical reason? well it has same as much practical reasons as any other scooter including a special Design that isn't copied...unless it is equipped with a not running engine than i would declare it as "not practical" at all

Edited by Tigersachsclub

90k is a lot to spend on a fashion statement,

Try to tell this to the harley Guys...they spend a lot more for that. It is not only just a fashion statement, but character of the bike itself and being a cult really( same why harleys are being bought)....try to sell a fino after 5 year and compare what you will get when you sell a vespa after 5 years...

there don't seem to be any practical reasons to buy one.

no practical reason? well it has same as much practical reasons as any other scooter including a special Design that isn't copied...unless it is equipped with a not running engine than i would declare it as "not practical" at all

My 31 yr old Vespa I bought for 65K.. I can sell it now for 80K easily.

Why? Because it's a VESPA.

Try that with a Fino....

Want to sell my Honda PCX, put some more money and get a VESPA!!!!

Is that a story from the nation or a paid ad? I can't see Vespa doing that well, 90k is a lot to spend on a fashion statement, there don't seem to be any practical reasons to buy one.

Sorry, but you cannot understand.... :lol:

Italian made Vespa's are great quality , I've owned 8 of them in my time and regret selling off my last PX150 with auto lube and electric start = it was bought brand new from the main Bangkok dealer over 10 years ago with the correct original Thai registered book for 65,000 baht.

http://www.scootersquare.com/

The above resource often has some old restored Vespa for sale or know people who are selling them , for those interested pay them a visit - the shop is run by some nice honest people who I have delt with for years.

Chiang Mai was a heaven for old Vespa's back then as well and were dirt cheap and yes they did make a baby 50cc Vespa, we would buy those and send them back on the sleeper train to Bangkok and were a real novelty - that like so many things are long gone now and the Vespa's made in Vietnam are just not quite what the original old school offerings were.

For anyone in Pattaya you can test drive the new automatic 150cc Vespa at the main Mityon dealer on 3rd Road @ Pattaya Tai , it is a total piece of shit in my opinion.

They (Mityon) also have the brochures for the actual Italian import Vespa that are close to 300K Thai Baht.

Edited by JimmyTheMook

Want to sell my Honda PCX, put some more money and get a VESPA!!!!

Me to. Its been a long time since I v had an URGE for a bike or car, but VESPA at 99k baht:P :P :P

Is there a dealer in Phuket, or can anyone post the importers web site?

Does anyone have contact info for any Vietnamese dealers willing to do export?

For people who want the Italian look but not want to pay the Italian price, than try the Sym Fiddle II...(it's available in Thailand)

The-Sym-Fiddle-II-125_Nice-Good-Looks_1.jpg

SYM seemed pretty good machines, saw them in Vietnam, think it was a taiwanese make ??

Didnt know they were sold here.

For people who want the Italian look but not want to pay the Italian price, than try the Sym Fiddle II...(it's available in Thailand)

SYM seemed pretty good machines, saw them in Vietnam, think it was a taiwanese make ??

I saw those at the Kawasaki dealer in CM by the moat. They have a little store in the back which sells Fino, Scoopy, and this Sym bike. Doesn't look bad at all.

It looks like an interesting alternative to Scoopy / Fino - it's way bigger, more like Vespa size. Design-wise, has nothing on the real Vespa, of course ;)

Yes, there are always arguments pro and against about any bike purchase.

It would be great, if Nikster can give us some more detailed driving impressions.

-Consumption, top speed, and handling?

-Experiences with Niyom Panich in CM?

-Does the Vespa take 95 or 91 Gashol?

Thanks Nikster.

91 Gasohol

NP was OK but then we didn't need anything from them either. I am suspicious this is mostly a Honda shop, which also sells TVs and Fridges. We got to choose one item not exceeding 4500 baht from the official Vespa add-on catalogue as an extra freebie. Anything you have seen on a Fino, they also sell direct from Vespa, for Vespas, only cuter, and about 10x more expensive. The prices for these official add-ons are crazy. But anything for your true love, right? ;)

Can't say about consumption, handling is good, the bike is surprisingly _tall_. Not perfect for the tiny tgf or grandma but good for farang or larger people. Top speed I don't even know either, I was only really riding it on a fast road once, and that was with my son. I'd think it's about 90 kph if pushed. Bike feels fine at this speed, but engine runs out of grunt.

Sorry to not have more precise info - I usually ride the real bike in the household, and the Vespa is for the wife ;) and she wasn't using it very much so far due to the raining season.

post-20814-024816900 1281501121_thumb.jp

I did manage a pic of the dashboard...

post-20814-078493500 1281501078_thumb.jp

Yes, Sym is Taiwanese, and they are indeed available in Thailand. Think the Sym Fiddle II featured a week ago on Motorcycle Thailand.

Yes, Sym is Taiwanese, and they are indeed available in Thailand. Think the Sym Fiddle II featured a week ago on Motorcycle Thailand.

But lets face it... Theres a few bikes there that have yet to make the roads ??

Sym is probably one of the more interesting entrants to the scooter market tho.. Known brand, ok quality, etc..

What do you mean by that? The SYM's are already being sold in Thailand. Have been for some time, I think I first saw the Fiddle II a month ago at the Kawa dealer in CM. From the SYM website, I learned that they come in 50 and 125cc.

Sym is probably one of the more interesting entrants to the scooter market tho.. Known brand, ok quality, etc..

Please specify the motorcycle which did not make it to the roads?

any bike without proper homoleg, so far like Lifan and Sym. Correct me with their homoleg id numbers if I m wrong, perhaps I m not up to date

In my former hometown of Seattle Vespas were always popular with the birkenstock group but as of the last few years they have become much more mainstream. The streets of the city are full of them now and according to a newspaper article I read, dealers are having difficulies keeping them in stock. Anyone who bought up a shipping container or two full of the old ones you see around Yaowaraj, refurbished them and shipped them to the US Pacific Northwest would probably make a killing.

Edited by Groongthep

You cover all manner of machines not available on this market.. Or am I to assume the bimota DB7R on the front page is available currently ??

Apollo Orion RX250

FZ8

CBR125R

Dealim VFJ250

CB1000R

Thats just the first few pages.. When I look fully 50% of the bikes you cover are not on the Thai market, especially as theres a good chunk that are second hand older bike reviews, thats ok, I dont assume because you list it, that it is.. But to think that everything on your site is here is not that way it looks.

You cover all manner of machines not available on this market.. Or am I to assume the bimota DB7R on the front page is available currently ??

Apollo Orion RX250

FZ8

CBR125R

Dealim VFJ250

CB1000R

Thats just the first few pages.. When I look fully 50% of the bikes you cover are not on the Thai market, especially as theres a good chunk that are second hand older bike reviews, thats ok, I dont assume because you list it, that it is.. But to think that everything on your site is here is not that way it looks.

Bimota DB7R is available in Thailand costs just over 2.3 million Baht. The Apollo Orion RX250 will be available with two-months after the article date (02-6788644/45 for more information). The article about the Yamaha FZ8 clearly says that the FZ8 will be available mid-2011. The Honda CBR125R is indeed not available in Thailand, but still it is manufactured in Thailand as the Article says. Dealim is looking for a distributor in Thailand, and it makes excellent machines for a good price. The Honda CB1000R is currently not officially available in Thailand, but you can order them from Redbaron which is a nationwide dealer for Honda in Japan and Australia (and soon in Thailand).

So as I said.. About half the bikes you featured not for sale here (yet). Plus I only looked at a few pages, same could be said going back ages. It wasnt a criticism, I didnt think that all the bikes you feature were supposed to be sold here, until you posted that comment I hadnt made the assumption.

And claiming its available as Red Baron can custom import ?? Thats a stretch ;)

BTW who is selling Bimota legit ??

So as I said.. About half the bikes you featured not for sale here (yet). Plus I only looked at a few pages, same could be said going back ages. It wasnt a criticism, I didnt think that all the bikes you feature were supposed to be sold here, until you posted that comment I hadnt made the assumption.

And claiming its available as Red Baron can custom import ?? Thats a stretch ;)

BTW who is selling Bimota legit ??

Red Baron seem to be able to custom import/modify/pass emission on anything. Thats great, possibly legal, but doesnt really make it readily available like a homoleg bike

I have to ask, what is a homoleg bike?

The importer or manufactorer authorised by thai government has one bike of each model/design tested abd approved on all aspects of LOS requirements by LOS government and its agencys, and then every unit of this model/design can be sold new and registered without testing and inspecting it by government agency.

Homoleg bikes in LOS, has its homoleg stated in green book at page 4, position 5/6 as I recall. Look at any wave, click, fino book. Translated directly from Thai, it says "as pictured".

The way it works in most countries with most bikes and vehicles.

The opposite is bikes approved one by one, usually moded to pass, and the mods removed after passing tests. Expensive and on the edge if needed mods are removed after passing tests.

Edited by katabeachbum