Need Help

red

Red,

when you get off the plane, get a taxi to Sukhumvit Soi Nana 4. Ask to go to the Nana Hotel, if it's full go the Parkway or Dynasty Inn. Keep you ATM card handy and put your passport in a safe deposit in the hotel and your away.

You will be able to meet many people if you stay in this area and am sure you will have a fantastic time, just remember to save some cash for your trip home.

I dont think you should be looking for a wife in your first few weeks in Thailand, enjoy what Bangkok has to offer and then if your serious about finding a wife I recommend you head "up-country", Kong Kaen, Nong Khai etc, you will find these places in that book you have been advised to buy.

Have a good time. :o

B)  :D  ima find me a wife over there  B)  or just a bar girl

Check the adam's apple.....but then again you will double your chances of success if you don't! :o

Take extra blades for your razor just in case Red. Close your eyes, and sing the Star Spangled Banner, and think of the good ole US of A and all will be well B)

(Need help)---???? Hey guys dont encourage this kid he's gonna get himself in a heap of trouble. Apparently not the sharpest tool in the shed & impulsive.

Red---You need to read up on Thailand for a few months or years and learn some basics about the country it's people and customs befor makeing the trip.

Guest IT Manager

Red, go to Chiang Mai. Ask at the airport, you can't read maps, because they are of Thailand. Ask a taxi to take you to Loi Kroh and go to any cafe. Ask for Mr David , the "journo".

Ask him for advice, he will not charge you an arm and a leg and he won't serve you a penis and chicken neck smoothie, just give you the facts, and tell you where to stay and who to shack up with, since he has spent so much time there. Of course you will need to pay for your beers.

Ooops almost forgot...probably have to pay for his as well...

Edited by IT Manager

Ok buy some condoms thats number one, take the taxi to the Nana Hotel, check your valuables at the desk, don't bring many with you, you don't them, just that wonderful ATM card. The Nana is great for newbies, just walk across the street and you can find all the adventure you want. During the day you may want to check out the Beer Garden within walking distance. You will find all kinds of foriegners in the Nana and you can book a room online before you go.

Wives man come and learn what Thailand is about before you even think about that. You will not learn Thailand in Bangkok, but it a wonderful place to get your feet wet.

Another advantage to the Nana is when you get that Big Mac urge Mickey d's is half a block away. If you get yourself in trouble in anyway the Amewrican embassy is within walking distance.

Go have some fun and when you want to know the real Thailand come up to Udon, Nong Kia, or Khan Kean. I would wait for that until you are at least the point where you know what the right questions are. You will pay for your education here, we all did, take it easy and just enjoy yourself. You are safer here then just about any big city in the states, your money is not. Thia ladies can have you eating out of thier hands in minutes, nothing like them in the world. Don't fall in love, get laid and have a great time. Pay for the services and make sure you get waht you pay for. You don't have to but gold for anyone. The girls Moma is probably not dying in the hospital, so you really don't need to spend money for that. More then likely the family farm isn't being taken away from them because they borrowed money and can't pay it back. Your not here to save the world, your here to have fun.

If it is to good to be true, then it is not true.

Guest IT Manager

Good post.. succinct and accurate. Feet and dick should get wet before going to meet the family. Do it in Bangkok with a rubber.

Kudos to ray23, if you ever write "Ray's guide to Thailand" let me know!

Although, speaking from experience, the "Beer Garden" is hardly the place for a "green" 19 year old with a pocket-full of "green". Even during the daylight hours.

1,800 baht you say bartender? No Problem. Oh shat! Where's my wallet? :o

(FTR, I still think this thread is a wind-up)

ok went to travel agent and my depature will be dec.19!!!! Im so excited. Thanks for all the info guys im printing this out to take with me!!! keep the comments comming!! Yeah ima have fun :o are anyof yall in thai now??

ok went to travel agent and my depature will be dec.19!!!! Im so excited. Thanks for all the info guys im printing this out to take with me!!! keep the comments comming!! Yeah ima have fun :o are anyof yall in thai now??

Standby for a catastrophic happening in Muang Thai around 19 December on. The question is whether ole Red will make it through to Christmas Day. Hmmmmmm thats a religious day. Red might be well placed for the second coming . :D