New 250Cc Sachs Motard/Enduro

I agree Nikster. I've been to about 15 speaker factories throughout Asia and have seen high end and low end products coming out of the same factory. It all comes down to management and quality control. If it's a bunch of native taught management controlling things it often falls under the "cheap Chinese crap" label. If there's a Japanese, American, or European on site managing and keeping on top of things those are the products that are sold under the "wow that's quality" brand of exports. This has and is continuing to all progress toward better products. The Chinese have been educated by Western management for decades now and the smart companies are making top end stuff as well as the cheap crap. There's a market for both products, people just tend to dwell on negative things.

If it is for export to US and Europe better quality, if for home comsumption crap.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Okay I did some tracking, digging, calling and found the story behind the 250cc with liquid-cooling. It will be available within 2 to 3 months (order is in production, and with delivery it will take about 2 months...but who knows what can go wrong so the extra month). The motorcycle already cleared emission testing and import license is issued.

The remarkable part of the whole deal is that the 250cc Motard will not be available, as you may expect, from Tiger Motor Co. Ltd (who is currently the Sachs distributor). But this motorcycle will come from a complete new company.

The Thai price is still unknown, but it cannot be that close to a Kawasaki D-Tracker 250 otherwise they will not move fast enough. Comparable motorcycle from Lifan will be around 100k Baht, so guess that is about the same price level this 250cc with liquid-cooled engine comes in.

Did anything further ever happen along these lines ??

I think I saw one of these (same color scheme motard with long travel fork) but was flying past where it was parked and didnt stop, up in CM last month..

I know you're jesting but there is a very clear distinction between made in China, and Chinese manufacturer. Everything is made in China - the best quality items and the worst. Chinese factories are second to none when it comes to implementing procedures that ensure great product quality.

There is a huge difference between stuff made in Taiwan; Republic of China & stuff made in The People's Republic of Communist China.

The former are world class while the latter are cheap rubbish similar to Japanese made goods of the 1950's.

Korea are somewhere in the middle.

I know you're jesting but there is a very clear distinction between made in China, and Chinese manufacturer. Everything is made in China - the best quality items and the worst. Chinese factories are second to none when it comes to implementing procedures that ensure great product quality.

There is a huge difference between stuff made in Taiwan; Republic of China & stuff made in The People's Republic of Communist China.

The former are world class while the latter are cheap rubbish similar to Japanese made goods of the 1950's.

Korea are somewhere in the middle.

VW (16% of the Chinese market) and Benz made in China are of very good quality. Chinese Geely has just become new owners of Volvo, and the swedish engineers do not fear quality issues neither on Swedish, Canadian or Chines made Volvos despite Chinese owners