Patong International Language School

Hi,

Just a warning to anyone that wants to do a Thai Language course and to get ed visa with Patong International Language School or any other course. The school has closed down and it is now under investigation by local authorities. There are be untold amounts of people that have paid money to study there and think they will get their Thai ed visa. The owner Michael is back in America and most likely not returning. Rent wasn't paid, teachers weren't paid and licence not paid.

I went to the Kathu police today with another farang and they weren't interested that we had paid for our courses and the school isn't open.

The police told us it was a civil matter and we have to see a lawyer. The police stated that we are supposed to sue the person that booked the course and then she is supposed to sue the owner of the school, (I think that could take a couple of years or more even though the Police said possibly a couple of months and the lawyer would most likely charge more than the cost of the course) The girl that booked us in has started another school and she said she will try and help as many people as she can. I am only guessing that if everyone started to sue her like suggested by the police, her new school would end up closing too. Then the people she is willing to help with no fee would all lose out too.

I explained to the Kathu police that Patong International Language School still have an operating website where they are advertising non existing courses so that should be a criminal matter. He was getting agitated with me and raising his voice telling it has nothing to do with the police. Even when I insisted that people were most likely paying for their course on the net from around the world and Michael is in the USA making money from the site he said I don't know the law.

I clicked through on their site to the point where I can pay with credit card or paypal. This insanity won't be good for Thailand.

I am also in contact with the tourist police and they have been more helpful. I have a meeting with them again tomorrow.

The scammers are being scammed. Most of the people using language courses for ED Visa's do care about learning the language. They are only in it for the Visa. Mr. Michael took advantage of that. I am sure some were legitimately interested in learning Thai. I am sorry for them.

The scammers are being scammed. Most of the people using language courses for ED Visa's do care about learning the language. They are only in it for the Visa. Mr. Michael took advantage of that. I am sure some were legitimately interested in learning Thai. I am sorry for them.

I think you mean don't care about learning thai, not do. It is not just people wanting Thai Ed Visas. They had many other courses including TEFL. I wanted to learn Thai, the visa was a bonus. I have my visa. I hope to be doing my course at the other school.

The thing that is really crazy is you can still book non existant courses over the net and pay for them and the Thai police I saw weren't interested.

Edited by aussiebrian