Thai Policemen Arrested For Alleged Bribery

webfact

There should be financial rewards for members of the public who can provide information about corrupt officials and automatic jail sentences of no less than two years plus prohibition on further being employed as a government official for life. The whole transfer to a less active position makes a mockery of any attempt to stamp out corruption.

after the first year you would run out of thai's

I suppose Farang never slip the 100 Baht note to the highway officer for speeding?

I suppose only Thai corrupt in Thailand.

Actually its 200 baht and I can give you the names of MANY Thais that have paid on-the-spot fines for real and imagined infractions.

The vast majority of Farangs pay the impromptu fines to honor the well established Thai custom.

it is a sad reflection on Thailand - a matter of national shame - that the average Thai citizen considers it perfectly acceptable the an officer of the law can stop them at random ANYWHERE and demand money off them with absolutely no other reason than to feather his (and his colleagues nest).

the reason that both thai AND foreigners succumb to this is that the police can then make life SOOOO difficult for them if they don't pay that they choose the "easy" but ILLEGAL way out. In most countries this is not bribery - it is extortion.

Edited by Deeral

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images