Schengen Visa For Philippina

I am in Thailand on a retirement visa and I am living together with a Philippina who is staying in Thailand on a double entry tourist visa. We were planning a trip to Europe and went to the German Embassy to apply for a tourist visa for her. at the Embassy we were informed that she can not apply for a tourist visa to the Schengen States in Thailand because she is only a tourist here and needs to show residency in Thailand, otherwise she can only apply for a tourist visa to Europe in Manila. I have now following questions to the BMs:

Has anybody else ever dealt with this problem and if yes, how did you solve it?

Is it possible to change a tourist visa into a residence visa without leaving Thailand?

Is an Ed-visa equal to a residence visa and does it allow to apply for a tourist visa at the German Embassy?

All answers and advises are appreciated>

The rules are quite clear; one must apply in one's country of residence. If she is not resident in Thailand then she will have to return to the Philippines and apply there.

Yes, a student or other long term visa would be classed as residency for this purpose.

I don't know how to switch; maybe a post in the Thai visas forum will get you an answer.