15 Day Land Entry Nong Khai?

I by chance a person is ever red stamped in Vientaine can he then enter Thailand at Nong Khai and get 15 days? and also can he keep going over and getting 15 days more? and also do you have to have a Lao visa to just cross the bridge and get your 15days and come right back? Thanks for any info.

Sorry to cut your post apart, BUT you asked THREE different questions about a persons particular situation' :o . ..

Question #1: "Can he then enter Thailand at Nong Khai and get 15 days?"

Answer; YES, land border crossings depending on your nationality will give 'him' a visa exempt stamp for 15 days (really 14 cause when you enter, its counted as a day) ;) .

Question #2: "Can he keep going over and getting 15 days more?"

Answer; In theory, YES, in reality who knows? :lol: Im sure therere people who live close to a neighboring country with thailand who do this.

Question #3: "Do you have to have a Lao visa to just cross the bridge and get your 15days and come right back?"

Answer; YES :blink:. You gotta go into PDR Lao, get their visa, get their entry/exit stamp and THEN you can come back.

FWIW: You must be stamped out of thailand and INTO/OUTTA another country. You can't just cross the bridge half way, turn around and come back.

You would have NO entry/exit stamp from another country, meaning; even though you were stamped outta thailand, you didn't go anywhere else.

Sorry dude; you're far from the first person who asked this question on the T/V forum. :ermm: But it IS a valid question (especially given the price of a visa to PDR Lao (<deleted> is it with their prices? Is it a day pass at Disney Land or what? :whistling: )

Last time I checked (which I do quite often) The rules say; after youre stamped out of here, you gotta enter and exit another country FIRST before comin back to the glorious Land O Thais. .. :)

Edited by tod-daniels

Sorry to cut your post apart, BUT you asked THREE different questions about ‘a person’s particular situation' :o . ..

Question #1: "Can he then enter Thailand at Nong Khai and get 15 days?"

Answer; YES, land border crossings depending on your nationality will give 'him' a visa exempt stamp for 15 days (really 14 cause when you enter, it’s counted as a day) ;) .

Question #2: "Can he keep going over and getting 15 days more?"

Answer; In theory, YES, in reality who knows? :lol: I’m sure there’re people who live close to a neighboring country with thailand who do this.

Question #3: "Do you have to have a Lao visa to just cross the bridge and get your 15days and come right back?"

Answer; YES :blink:. You gotta go into PDR Lao, get their visa, get their entry/exit stamp and THEN you can come back.

FWIW: You must be stamped out of thailand and INTO/OUTTA another country. You can't just cross the bridge half way, turn around and come back.

You would have NO entry/exit stamp from another country, meaning; even though you were stamped outta thailand, you didn't go anywhere else.

Sorry dude; you're far from the first person who asked this question on the T/V forum. :ermm: But it IS a valid question (especially given the price of a visa to PDR Lao (<deleted> is it with their prices? Is it a “day pass” at Disney Land or what? :whistling: )

Last time I checked (which I do quite often) The rules say; after you’re stamped out of here, you gotta enter and exit another country FIRST before comin’ back to the glorious “Land ‘O Thais”. .. :)

And, the Lao Visa On Arrival is baht 1,500 or US$$ 35, ain't free!

Mac

Laos visa on entry fees varies with nationality.

If memory serves me correctly:

China 30 USD

UK and EU 35 USD

Canadians 42 USD

The baht fee is always more expensive, so one tip is to convert baht to USD AT THE BORDER where you fill in the vias and arrival forms. At least two currency exchange booths are there. Pretty good exchange rate. You may however have to take a big USD note for your baht which means you will receive your Visa change in USD notes, some of which may be defaced/damaged and not commonly accepted in Laos.

"Sorry to cut your post apart, BUT you asked THREE different questions about ‘a person’s particular situation'"

Is there now a limit on the number of questions that can be asked? I must have missed that notification.

OP, Why not check out cheap flights to Malaysia. You can fly there, stay one night and still probably save some money.

Tourist visas are currently free, and will give you 60 days, plus an extension of 30 more from an immigration office for 1900 baht.

Even having to spend one night there every 90 days, it's probably cheaper than going to Laos every 15 days. Even if not cheaper, it should save you some time.

Edited by TerryLH

"Sorry to cut your post apart, BUT you asked THREE different questions about ‘a person’s particular situation'"

Is there now a limit on the number of questions that can be asked? I must have missed that notification.

Nope, I checked, and you didn't MISS the notification sent out limiting questions in a thread on T/V, :lol: although you didn’t RSVP that you received it ;) .

Perhaps I should have said; “I broke the post down into the individual questions asked.” :)

Sorry about your misunderstanding in reading my post. :blink:

FWIW: Your first answer before you edited your post was not at all in line with the O/P's question(s), and even your follow up didn't address the questions he asked per se.

He specifically asked WHAT IF questions; like if he was red stamped in Vientiane on a previous trip. That red stamp basically says 'you've been here too many times, and we may NOT give you another Tourist Visa when you come back'.

Even on the T/V forum, hard facts about this are thin on the ground. Few people have wanted to try getting another Tourist Visa in Lao PDR once they got the dreaded ‘red-stamp’ there. They just use other embassies/consulates in the region, (as you so succinctly pointed out B) ).

He wanted to know about a situation where he was denied another Tourist Visa forcing him to return to thailand visa-less, the ability to repeatedly cross into another country and garner a 15 day visa exempt stamps, and if he actually had to go into Lao PDR before returning.

I'm fairly sure the O/P knows Tourist Visas are free at the moment too, as there are several open threads on T/V concerning it, but I could be wrong.

Then again, he was asking for a ‘particular person’, so maybe not even for himself. :lol:

This is a good example of why threads sometimes go waaaayy off topic so quickly. :o

OP, Why not check out cheap flights to Malaysia. You can fly there, stay one night and still probably save some money.

Tourist visas are currently free, and will give you 60 days, plus an extension of 30 more from an immigration office for 1900 baht.

Even having to spend one night there every 90 days, it's probably cheaper than going to Laos every 15 days. Even if not cheaper, it should save you some time.

agree.

Lufthansa flies to KUL 4 times a week, with fares BELOW 4.000 Baht inclusive all Taxes (plus you can even earn Star-Alliance Miles). Did that twice already during the past 12 months. check out their Thai website at http://www.lufthansa.com/online/portal/lh/th and u will immediately see those promo-offers

Tod, you answered the questions, so no need to repeat the same old stuff.

I gave some alternatives to him.

Sometimes, not always, additional info is useful for others reading the topic.

My edit was after I realized he said 'red stamp'. That made my original reply not helpful. Not actually saying the edited version is.

When I'm done typing here I'll look for my RSVP button. I know I've seen it...