Street Vendors Poll

drummer

How would you rate the street vendors? This is in respose to the idea to remove them completely from the sidewalk areas  

60 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Removal of “Street Vendors” :D

BKK without would NOT be BKK :o

Just another City :D

Why stop the things that make Thailand Unique

and so loved? :D

Regards

Ivan

:D

Yep. Totally agree. Some of the best food i've had on the street at a fraction of the cost of restaurants.

My problem is not the existence of street vendors but the number - there are far too many. They could easily reduce the number and not loose any of the charm they bring to the city. Especially on the lower end of Sukhumvit – same type of stalls over and over, and on both sides of the walk. No need to pass so many t-shirt stalls between the apartment and the BTS station – especially since they are all selling the same d*mn t-shirts. I could pretty much do without the merchandise vendors and keep only the food stalls.

If I want the goods I can go the one of the markets.

Also in agreement on keeping the motorbikes off the sidewalk.

Well, as wtih any group anywhere - those who want to rip off tourists are a generally seedier sort than those who opt to stay at places like Chatachuk... Of course, there are quite a few good folks there, too.

All the stalls on Sukhimvit aren't so bad, really .... At least there is room to walk. Same with Silom, unless there are a kajillion people there. There are some real bottlenecks up around Ramkhamhaeng where I'm obliged to walk on the street ... especially when I am carrying my baby because I can't fit both of us through the little gap. >,<

If they got rid of the stalls wouldn't the government then widen the roads too allow the traffic to flow more freely?

Then when the traffic starts flowing more people would buy more cars which would then cause more pollution.

So, unbeknownst to the lowly vendors, they're actually keeping down the pollution levels. :o:D

I love em... bangers wouldn't be the same without em...all part of the charm.. :D

Walking from BTS Nana Station to Sukhumvit soi 5 the other night didn't give me a good impression about most of street vendors.

ah..them... it can be a bit claustrophobic along there... :o

totster :D

Looks like a pretty clear graph ... aside from the spikes at the edges and in the very middle, it looks like a linear line in favor. Either that or a bell curve centered at the middle with a small spike at the bottom and a big spike at the top ....

Either way it looks like the yeas have it....