Athlete'S Foot

russianrobert

• 1 month later...

I never had to use more than the original Absorbine Jr (modified horse liniment) but see even they now have special anti fungal variations for athlete's foot.

Not specific to athlete's foot but the only anti-fungal product I have had good luck with here is Trosyd (1% tioconazole)

Edit: a quick Google shows it is indeed specific

ringworm of the foot (tinea pedis; athlete's foot);

Read more: http://www.drugs.com/cons/trosyd-j-topical.html#ixzz0zeHr9GLr

Edited by lopburi3

Athletes foot medication; if you still have trouble finding it after following the advice above, just tell the chemist you have “Chinese Foot” This is what the Thai’s call it! Honestly.

if you ask for chinese foot ,

they may give you a curry , :jap:

TCP , for me.

I think Lamisil is by far the best medication for AF. You can buy it at any Tesco Lotus Pharmacy.

Agree, Lamisil is great. Also good old Canesten cream. Most pharmacists speak English. For a foolproof old fashion remedy that seems to toughen the skin up try methlyated spirits, it may sting a little, but it really works for a long time.

<br />
<br /><a href='http://th.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E0%B9%82%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%84%E0%B8%99%E0%B9%89%E0%B8%B3%E0%B8%81%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%94%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%97%E0%B9%89%E0%B8%B2' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>Thai Wikipedia</a> calls it ROHK NAM GAT THAO โรคน้ำกัดเท้า or  HAWNG GONG FOOT ฮ่องกงฟุต.<br />
<br /><br /><br />I stand corrected! Your right: Hong kong Foot!<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Better than Hong Kong Dong. A friend of mine went to Bumrungrad with something horrible happening to his willie, and the doc told him that was what he had, and the only cure was immediate amputation of the affected organ. Well, as you might imagine, he wasn't too happy with that, so he went to a small clinic that some geezer in a bar recommended to him. The doc there said, those Bumrungrad doctors, always recommending expensive procedures! Wait a few days, schlong fall off all by itself!

• 3 weeks later...
<br />
<br /><a href='http://th.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E0%B9%82%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%84%E0%B8%99%E0%B9%89%E0%B8%B3%E0%B8%81%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%94%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%97%E0%B9%89%E0%B8%B2' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>Thai Wikipedia</a> calls it ROHK NAM GAT THAO โรคน้ำกัดเท้า or HAWNG GONG FOOT ฮ่องกงฟุต.<br />
<br /><br /><br />I stand corrected! Your right: Hong kong Foot!<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Better than Hong Kong Dong. A friend of mine went to Bumrungrad with something horrible happening to his willie, and the doc told him that was what he had, and the only cure was immediate amputation of the affected organ. Well, as you might imagine, he wasn't too happy with that, so he went to a small clinic that some geezer in a bar recommended to him. The doc there said, those Bumrungrad doctors, always recommending expensive procedures! Wait a few days, schlong fall off all by itself!

Lovely story!

Thanks for all the replies. I had only just noticed that i got some when checking my 'Content'

Cheers

Yeah the Thais call it Hong Kong foot.

I have found "Canasone" cream effective, available over the counter.

I think this is what the earlier poster is referring to, "Canesten" cream however, is for treatment of Thrush!

Lamisil is available here but more expensive and I have had better results from the Canasone.

Edit :

Canesten can be used for Athletes Foot (Google)

However Canasone is what I have successfully used in Thailand in the past,

Edited by kevkev1888

• 8 months later...