Korean Popular Cultures And Associated Fetishes

zzaa09

I realize I might be about 7-8 years behind the times, but this fashionable trend that continues today, is mystifying. Why Korean....?? Not that I might dismiss this great and lovely culture.....and better for the one's whom absorb. The M.O. - young Thai girls, ranging in age of 17 years up to 23. More than likely come from a comfortable familial background. Easily molded and manipulated to all things popularly fashionable-current trends. Korean this and Korean that - from popular television personalities and film stars to rocking songsters to everything in between. And then there is the lust towards the omnipresent drive to secure the Korean language as a second one. Korean language and cultural studies are the fastest growing courses in Thai universities today, not that any such broader knowledge of a second Asian language would be harmful.....but why Korean? How did this fetid fashion come about some 10 years ago? As there are no signs of the phenomena resigning any time soon. Can someone explain to a humble, blind, and country-bumpkin like me?;)