If You Have Time.. These Guys Could Do With A Vist

buzz1812

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My friend Steve is in Bangkwang Prison Thailand. I have been writing to Steve for some time now. There are other guys in the Prison, who have no contact with the outside world at all.

If you have a little time to spare, why not visit someone. You could be making their day or week or month.

Have a look at: http://steveatbangkwang.bravehost.com

what does he love to eat , most favorite thing ...(or any stuff he want)

i live not so far from bangkwang ...maybe 10-20mins or so

i wish i could make his day ..just tell me ok?

Bambi :o

ps. i've never been prison place b4 ... how can i please him.... just ask for guys there who is steve?...sorry sound like silly .. but obviously i dont have that experience b4 ...maybe its nice if u tell me whatt do u want me to do, and how?

Edited by BambinA

My friend Steve is in Bangkwang Prison Thailand. I have been writing to Steve for some time now. There are other guys in the Prison, who have no contact with the outside world at all.

If you have a little time to spare, why not visit someone. You could be making their day or week or month.

what does he love to eat , most favorite thing ...(or any stuff he want)

i live not so far from bangkwang ...maybe 10-20mins or so

i wish i could make his day ..just tell me ok?

ps. i've never been prison place b4 ... how can i please him.... just ask for guys there who is steve?...sorry sound like silly .. but obviously i dont have that experience b4 ...maybe its nice if u tell me whatt do u want me to do, and how?

If you go to the British Embassy in Bangkok, they will tell you the different visiting times and who is there. These Guys need books and Tshirts and boxer shorts. You can also buy food for them at the prison shop.

If you go to the British Embassy in Bangkok, they will tell you the different visiting times and who is there. These Guys need books and Tshirts and boxer shorts. You can also buy food for them at the prison shop.

well .. i can go to British Embassy in Bangkok...but ...just ask them " i wanna see steve @ Bangkwang , it will be work? (maybe many steve..and i hve to fight with people who want UK visa@ embassy)...can i contact him at Bangkwang directly?

"These Guys need books and Tshirts and boxer shorts. You can also buy food for them at the prison shop." >>>>> no prob

bambi

interesting pics. if that does not deter you from breaking the law you must have balls bigger than rockmelons.

Edited by penelope

well .. i can go to British Embassy in Bangkok...but ...just ask them " i wanna see steve @ Bangkwang , it will be work? (maybe many steve..and i hve to fight with people who want UK visa@ embassy)...can i contact him at Bangkwang directly?

"These Guys need books and Tshirts and boxer shorts. You can also buy food for them at the prison shop." >>>>> no prob

bambi

Bambi.... I'm sure a visit from you would cheer him right up... :o

totster :D

Bambi.... I'm sure a visit from you would cheer him right up...  :D

totster  :D

well totster .. i fear alil ..never been prison place be4 ..but ..reasons

1 maybe he is lonely ..need brit stuff(i tried to imagine if i was him)

2 seem its complicate/hard to meet him , UK embassy stuff blah blah

etc..

anyhow .. i think its good to please him ..atleast he can feel he is not alone in universe..(yes he live too far from his home ..UK)

...5 am in LOS , i hve to work tomorrow...anyhow ,,if u want some help , u can PM me ...ciao

Edited by BambinA

thanx for the thread buzz...... its people like you that help people in these situations retain some sanity..... :o

Just read 'The Damage Done' by Warren Fellows. He did 12 years in the 'Big Tiger' ........ Bang Kwang (drug sales). Can easily see how someone would just commit suicide very shortly after being imprisoned there. If you read this book and then even THINK about committing a crime in Thailand you are a <deleted> idiot.

I can't see where the website says what he was charged with.

Like what was in his posession, and what quantities etc. We are given this snippet

Steve is currently serving a 33 year sentence for Drug offences

I am keen to understand this.

Also, what is his name, all we get on the website is "Steve", we don't have his last name to understand his crime.

Why doesn't his family pay the 11,000 quid ?

etc..

anyhow .. i think its good to please him ..atleast he can feel he is not alone in universe..(yes he live too far from his home ..UK)

Bambi :D

...5 am in LOS , i hve to work tomorrow...anyhow ,,if u want some help , u can PM me ...ciao

Good on you Bambi... you are indeed jai dee. :o

I can't see where the website says what he was charged with.

Like what was in his posession, and what quantities etc. We are given this snippet

Steve is currently serving a 33 year sentence for Drug offences

I am keen to understand this.

Also, what is his name, all we get on the website is "Steve", we don't have his last name to understand his crime.

Why doesn't his family pay the 11,000 quid ?

I think he has to pay the 11000 quid and serve the sentence Mattnich, so no point in paying it just yet I suppose, it's just a condition that it needs to be paid before his release.

What is it he done exactly, it says he is in on drug charges with possesion to supply, but what are we talking about here, getting a caught a little over the limit with some minor drug or worse?

You won't get 33 years for a minor drug.

Must have been ' Class 1 '.

etc..

Khun Bambi,

If you are going to visit this guy, I suggest you get his last name first. First of all, there may be more than one prisoner called Steve there, and in addition the prison guards may refuse you access if all you have is a first name.

Although I sympetize with the conditions these guys serve in, they have no one to blame but themselves. There are people suffering in this country who are far more worthy of our spare time and sympathy than these guys.

Suggest you spend some time on supporting Burmese or Lao refugees, victims of abuse or violence, handicapped people, orphans, the homeless, etc, etc....

That's a bit harsh, WhiteShiva.

The forigners in BK are doing at least 25 years. The only inmates there are those on that sentence, life, awaiting an appeal to The Supreme Court or on death row.

Most of the forigners fell on hard times. Yes, the decision they made was stupid, but knowing someone in there who's almost 3 years through a 100 year sentence and having a copy of the BBC documentary on the place (sanitised of course, or no permission given to broadcast), I have a measure of sympathy for some of them.

A visit wouldn't go amiss IMHO.

Khun Bambi,

If you are going to visit this guy, I suggest you get his last name first.  First of all, there may be more than one prisoner called Steve there, and in addition the prison guards may refuse you access if all you have is a first name.

yes..thats prob..

Suggest you spend some time on supporting Burmese or Lao refugees, victims of abuse or violence, handicapped people, orphans, the homeless, etc, etc....

i help orphan inBKK sometime ..sent them money last time i went to phuket and worked as volunteer for tsunami

Bambi

That's a bit harsh, WhiteShiva.

The forigners in BK are doing at least 25 years. The only inmates there are those on that sentence, life, awaiting an appeal to The Supreme Court or on death row.

Most of the forigners fell on hard times. Yes, the decision they made was stupid, but knowing someone in there who's almost 3 years through a 100 year sentence and having a copy of the BBC documentary on the place (sanitised of course, or no permission given to broadcast), I have a measure of sympathy for some of them.

A visit wouldn't go amiss IMHO.

I know I was a bit harsh, I have been to visit a Burmese prisoner in Khlong Prem prison a few times (long story), and I know that life in Thai prisons is no dance on roses. :D

On the other hand, spare a thought for the people who are in prison because they have been framed (mostly non-farangs). The guy I visited in KP was guilty, and admitted it, but took his sentence as a man. He said he felt sorry for some of the people he knew in prison who were jailed for crimes they did not commit.

I have a problem with people who deal in/smuggle drugs, and then expect sympathy when they get caught and convicted. It doesn't matter if it is considered a lesser crime in their home country - not relevant at all. If you can't do the time, etc... :D

Basically I think there are people far more deserving of our pity, time and resources. Convicted drug smugglers come pretty far down on my list. :o

Edited by WhiteShiva

The OP has not replied with what the guy was actually charged with, but lets move on.

Basically I think there are people far more deserving of our pity, time and resources.  Convicted drug smugglers come pretty far down on my list. :o

Each time I have gone to the childrens orphanage it wrenches my heart out. They have no family and live in very austere surroundings. These children have committed no crime other than being born into very bad luck.

You can't tell me that a 6 month old baby could have changed anything in its live to avoid an orphanage.

I know who I am happy to visit, take some food, clothes and toys to.

Babies and children in orphanages are not drug smugglers or have been committed of other serious or shameful crimes.

OK, he was charged with "Possession to Supply" (i.e. traffiking).

The UK has a prisoner transfer treaty, but according to that website, he (Steve) must pay "a fine of £11000 of which must be paid in full before I am allowed to transfer to a UK prison"

quote: "Basically I am destined to die in prison for a relatively minor crime"

Wow, who ever knew that traffiking in illegal drugs was a minor crime in Thailand ? According to the BBC story, he had been in Thailand for 2 years at that point (in 2004). Another story said he had been in the country for 15 years.

The only Steve I can see listed as being in Bangkwang is "Steve Willcox"

I found this on Google:

"Stephen Willcox, 39, from Leicester was given a 33-and-1/2 year prison term and fined £10,000 after admitting possession of drugs including heroin, amphetamines and ecstasy."

Minor stuff according to ole Steve.

We won't get into the other guy arrested, who claims Steve paid him to transport the drugs (he's facing the death penalty right now).

Read it here:

THAILAND: Briton given death sentence after Thai drugs haul

Related site:

Foreign Prisoner Support Service

(note their logo at the top of the page :FREEDOM FOR EACH PERSON REGARDLESS OF AGE, RACE, RELIGION OR POLITICS

and from the BBC:

Thai death sentence for Briton

(note how the types and quantities change ?)

Edited by Kerryd

The UK has a prisoner transfer treaty, but according to that website, he (Steve) must pay "a fine of £11000 of which must be paid in full before I am allowed to transfer to a UK prison"

Wow, who ever knew that traffiking in illegal drugs was a minor crime in Thailand ? According to the BBC story, he had been in Thailand for 2 years at that point (in 2004). Another story said he had been in the country for 15 years.

I found this on Google:

"Stephen Willcox, 39, from Leicester was given a 33-and-1/2 year prison term and fined £10,000 after admitting possession of drugs including heroin, amphetamines and ecstasy."

We won't get into the other guy arrested, who claims Steve paid him to transport the drugs (he's facing the death penalty right now).

Read it here:

Related site:

(note their logo at the top of the page :FREEDOM FOR EACH PERSON REGARDLESS OF AGE, RACE, RELIGION OR POLITICS

and from the BBC:

what amazes me that they all say they're not guilty, because that's what the lawyers tell them, the truth is quite the opposite, they're just stupid idiots that got caught with a crime that no-one with any sense would commit in this country, or any other country in asia, for that matter, a minor crime, up my @rse :o

so why feel sorry for them, its the old adage, crime does not pay :D

I know I was a bit harsh, I have been to visit a Burmese prisoner in Khlong Prem prison a few times (long story), and I know that life in Thai prisons is no dance on roses.  :o

I wonder what it's like to go to prison in a state where its people are prisoners of the military regime.

By the way, I heard Thailand has given out death penalties to foreigners in the past but never have they really executed them (perhaps except illegal Cambodians and Burmese committing serious crime), is that true?

By the way, I heard Thailand has given out death penalties to foreigners in the past but never have they really executed them (perhaps except illegal Cambodians and Burmese committing serious crime), is that true?

All I can find is:

3 (?) Myanmar nationals (1999, 2000, 2001), 1 Hong Kong national and 1 Taiwanese (both 2001)

I wonder what it's like to go to prison in a state where its people are prisoners of the military regime. 

All I can talk about is people in military prisons, who are foreign nationals, and not there through any fault of their own.

In that case its not pleasant at all.

enough said.

I found this on Google:

Read it here:

Related site:

and from the BBC:

what amazes me that they all say they're not guilty, because that's what the lawyers tell them, the truth is quite the opposite, they're just stupid idiots that got caught with a crime that no-one with any sense would commit in this country, or any other country in asia, for that matter, a minor crime, up my @rse :o

so why feel sorry for them, its the old adage, crime does not pay :D

Completely agree with you Kreon.

However desperate he may have been he cannot say that he did not know what the consequences of his actions would be, if caught!!

Drug smuggling in Thailand and indeed the rest of Asia carries extreme penalties!

I am not saying he doesn't deserve visits but I am saying he doesn't deserve sympathy...........