3Bb/Maxnet Premier

qwunk89

Sorry about another internet thread. But, I have had Maxnet's (which changed to 3bb) premier line at 1090 baht a month and it has worked great for the last year. However, this past week it has gotten really slow and today it is almost useless. Anyone know the problem? Other premier users in Chiang Mai experiencing the same? A friend of mine told me it is due to the rain, and while I do not understand how that would effect internet speeds, I do remember it being slower during the rainy season last year too. Frustrating.

mines seems sluggish this week as well on maxnet premier

Bangkok

Last Result:

Download Speed: 2614 kbps (326.8 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 806 kbps (100.8 KB/sec transfer rate)

Latency: 166 ms

Tuesday, 3 August 2010 11:27:28 a.m.

Singapore

Last Result:

Download Speed: 2616 kbps (327 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 807 kbps (100.9 KB/sec transfer rate)

Latency: 166 ms

Tuesday, 3 August 2010 11:28:56 a.m.

Edited by Donnyboy

Sawadee Khrup Khun Qwunk89,

You can test your speed by any number of on-line sites; for example:

SpeedTest.net

To find more just Google on "test internet speed."

We are using BBB Premier lowest level ... about 1200 per month, we think when taxes, and whatever crap, are added on to the basic rate.

Did seem like BBB is slow when it rains heavily, and our experience is that Sunday night, bandwidth really slows down (kids at home ?).

There's been a good bump up in download speed from American sites since we had the phone-line disconnected from the tentacles of the TOT/TTT monopulus and "dedicated" to internet only (and that saves us 100 baht per month which buys us roughly five liters of fresh soy milk).

Here's our stats for today which are fairly good:

to Bangkok :

Ping 42 ms.

Download speed 3.05 mps

Upload speed 0.93 mps

to Singapore

Ping 174 ms.

Download speed 3.05 mps

Upload speed 0.81 mps

to New York, New York, USA

Ping 42 ms.

Download speed 3.01 mps

Upload speed 0.33 mps

to Los Angeles, California, USA

Ping 43 ms.

Download speed 3.01 mps

Upload speed 0.42 mps

Edited by orang37

I know from the owner of The Pub, that there have been problems with internet connection in the area of the Rimping Hotel.

Line problems that the company have been working on.

I have what is a good connection in Suthep area and pay B1166 for connection.

Recently my old (8 years min) Router packed up and 3BB 'rented' me a new Router at B100 per year.

I made enquirers about a faster service.

The staff showed me what was available.

All the higher grade ones have the same Minimum offered speed, your paying more for the Highest Possible speed.

ASDL to me is a 'Con' you MAY get the higher speed but we cannot/willnot guarantee it.

john

Thanks for the replies. I too have BBB at the lowest premier level, i think 1166 after taxes and it is even slower this morning . . almost unusable. I live out past airport plaza, near Big C. I am trying to run the speed test, but I can't even get the speed test page to load/open. Sigh.

:blink:

6.4MB (Thai server) this morning and speeds around 6MB when tested on Sing. or US server.

Maybe they have mixed up the Indy and Premier services. Sounds like I'm getting a better deal.

:whistling:

Edited by cmsally

I had many problems with internet called them and never herd back from technical they would send some people but never came same thing all the time ...so realy complained to call center and they said you can change modem for 100bt .....you can do this every year and now fine