Darkside Robbery

Dhali

Just a warning to people living or traveling around maprachan area on scooters, at 3 oclock in broad daylight today i was robbed. A scooter just cut me off behind the 9999 store opposite the lake and pulled a gun and pointed it at my head ,a single thai man with dark skin and riding a green FINO scooter. I told him in thai to calm down and just got some money out my pocket and gave it to him (about 4000) not that the money matters at all. What has shocked me is the fact that it was 3 o'clock in the afternoon and the guy just didn't give a s**t but maybe he was on drugs ?.

I do not feel safe riding my bike around now and will start using my car but just want to make everyone aware of this incident (the police have been informed).

Happy to know thatall he got is the money and you are alright.

I have never been robbed, I hope I ll do as you. I very much doubt I ll hand over anything if I am not bleeding out my stomach.

Scary scary. use the car.

thanks for the heads up, i was around there today at about that that time in the car

i am happy you are ok, it must have been a shock to get robbed at that time in such a sleepy area

were you on the road that goes up the hill to the lakeside estate, under the temple arch just along from the 9999 mini mart?

can you give more details as to location etc

i will keep a look out in future, i find thieves tend to be territorial and there's a lot of transient Thai building workers in that area now

the dark skin would generally indicate that he was an outdoor worker

i want to protect myself and my family and help you if at all possible

thanks for the heads up, i was around there today at about that that time in the car

i am happy you are ok, it must have been a shock to get robbed at that time in such a sleepy area

were you on the road that goes up the hill to the lakeside estate, under the temple arch just along from the 9999 mini mart?

i will keep a look out in future, i find thieves tend to be territorial and there's a lot of transient Thai building workers in that area now

Yes as you pass the 9999 shop you turn right under the temple arch and it was along that road just past the small cross roads,I to live around there and it's the car for me from now on...

Better take a S&W with you. Anyway, there is almost no law enforcement there, rarely see any BiB, but if they are sitting in some bars to get some donations.

However from my experience, this is incident is not a common one, but scary anyway.

Good that you are fine!

Yes as you pass the 9999 shop you turn right under the temple arch and it was along that road just past the small cross roads,I to live around there and it's the car for me from now on...

thank you

i know exactly where it happened now, i live near to there

i will keep an eye out for a green Fino in the area

if the police get him please let me know

i know how this can affect you mentally, i was attacked one night in Pattaya by a man with a samurai sword but if you let them rule your life then they take much more than money from you

i hope you recover soon, but i know its something you will never forget

take it easy....

best wishes

TK

Usually, Thai ae not bothered about the time of crime or any other action. Something comes up and they'll act. Probably the guy needed the money to pay his rent (beginning of the month!)

Downside is, that the chance of it happening again at the same time and same place is almost nill.

My wife knows the darkside area very well, she has family dispersed living there and she visits alot.

I have asked her a few times if i can move over there and she tells me "no way, very dangerous for you there"! Her family have been robbed many times

at knife/gunpoint and have had many break ins. No one goes out after dark.

i realise that i am likely to be seeing potential robbers everywhere but today at about 2-50 pm i was approaching the corner near 9999 and saw a small group of thais on motorbikes on the right and one cut out from the group in front of me on an emerald green and cream Fino

he was wearing a bulky black coat and a black full face helmet

the Fino had no rear number plate, often a giveaway that there's a criminal aboard in my opinion and headed off towards Kuhn Johns direction, i followed him to the Lakeside but he he did not appear to be following anyone and amazingly there was no other bikes around so i turned around and went home

i will look again tomorrow

you never know, stranger things have happened..........

I too, have a house in the areal. The trouble is a lot of the property around there is large. Large houses and Expats, equals money to a yabba head or rent hunting moron. A car a must at night time, I think this is a very rare occurance during the day and hopefully a one off.

My wife knows the darkside area very well, she has family dispersed living there and she visits alot.

I have asked her a few times if i can move over there and she tells me "no way, very dangerous for you there"! Her family have been robbed many times

man, what a horrible life.

Better take a S&W with you. Anyway, ... rarely see any BiB,..."

... I would tend to agree with a S&w (or Colt) ... if you can get a permit to carry.

'Bib' ? ... maybe one who didn't get his (refuse to use the word 'fair') share of bribes

committed the crime.

i have not found it to be that bad but would be the first to admit that one needs to keep your wits about you around here

if you have a problem, you need to be realistic and know that no one is going to come and help you

you need to be prepared to deal with any emergency yourself and have the tools around you to do so

if you are confident in that respect then life's pretty good in rural Mabrachan

i have not found it to be that bad but would be the first to admit that one needs to keep your wits about you around here

if you have a problem, you need to be realistic and know that no one is going to come and help you

you need to be prepared to deal with any emergency yourself and have the tools around you to do so

if you are confident in that respect then life's pretty good in rural Mabrachan

oh, i'm very confident. i live on the darkside, which is why i think it's horrible that people say things like "no one goes out after dark". why not just move if you believe your life is in danger if you leave your house at night.

It is coming to the time that "packing a piece" is the way to go.Not only giving peace of mind,but added security.

Automatics are OK,but it takes time to chamber a round and release the safety lock to discharge it,a revolver is quicker,but when the guy is eyeballing and pointing the weapon at you it would be hard to to defend yourself without a shootout taking place and he might get lucky.Better to hand over your wallet let his guard drop and then whip your weapon out.

To get held up in broad daylight is horrendous,but it will get far worse here ,that's for sure.

It is coming to the time that "packing a piece" is the way to go.Not only giving peace of mind,but added security.

Automatics are OK,but it takes time to chamber a round and release the safety lock to discharge it,a revolver is quicker,but when the guy is eyeballing and pointing the weapon at you it would be hard to to defend yourself without a shootout taking place and he might get lucky.Better to hand over your wallet let his guard drop and then whip your weapon out.

To get held up in broad daylight is horrendous,but it will get far worse here ,that's for sure.

Sadly that is a fact of life these days, but thankfully it will be a long time before it gets as bad as the US and UK!!

Edited by LennyW

Heard on the news (radio) this afternoon that some guy has been arrested today for a series of armed hold ups over the past few days around Huay Yai and surrounding area. Said the guy stopped people on bikes broad daylight.

Turns out (acc to news!!) he had been let off for the same crimes before and was put down to him being a bit of a nutter.

Is this your guy? Would be good to know he is off the street so quickly if this is your man.

BTW I live in the same area and, yes it is a wake up call.. motor after dark all the way!!

Edited by changnaam

Sadly that is a fact of life these days, but thankfully it will be a long time before it gets as bad as the US and UK!!

Hi Lenny

Please tell me more about the resent robbery in the uk of

A tourist on motor bike, by a robber on moped, with a gun and no number plate

In broad daylight?

I keep looking in the national press for this story but just cant fine it,

Maybe, its so common in the uk we just don't report this type of stuff any more.

How out of touch I have got now days. :coffee1:

Edited by sohn

Hi Lenny

Please tell me more about the resent robbery in the uk of

A tourist on motor bike, by a robber on moped, with a gun and no number plate

In broad daylight?

I keep looking in the national press for this story but just cant fine it,

Maybe, its so common in the uk we just don't report this type of stuff any more.

How out of touch I have got now days. :coffee1:

Yes you seem to be out of touch with reality by quite a tad.In actual fact (reading between the lines) a tourist robbed a robber about to commit a robbery but it was on a push bike,the bike had no number plate as there was no reason to carry one. The tourist had the gun and the national press said "sod it" as there was no killings (to date). It did not happen in the UK ,but in South Africa last Saturday afternoon,just after the Tri-Nations rugby thing. Very common in the UK,personally I was once ragged de-bagged and sh****,but no headlines

utomatics are OK,but it takes time to chamber a round and release the safety lock to discha it,a revolver is quicker,but when the guy is eyeballing and pointing the weapon at you it would be hard to to defend yourself without a shootout taking place and he might get lucky.Better to hand over your wallet let his guard drop and then whip your weapon out. <_<

Yes you seem to be out of touch with reality by quite a tad.In actual fact (reading between the lines) a tourist robbed a robber about to commit a robbery but it was on a push bike,the bike had no number plate as there was no reason to carry one. The tourist had the gun and the national press said "sod it" as there was no killings (to date). It did not happen in the UK ,but in South Africa last Saturday afternoon,just after the Tri-Nations rugby thing. Very common in the UK,personally I was once ragged de-bagged and sh****,but no headlines :blink:

Did you forget to take your medication yesterday

I see from pattaya news that a young lady was shot and her friends robbed at gunpoint of valubles and also there bike, maybe it is a small gang that is doing this around the area !!.This also shows that it is not just falangs that are getting targeted and i just hope that the police can show themself from time to time (sorry i know thats not going to happen).

I see from pattaya news that a young lady was shot and her friends robbed at gunpoint of valubles and also there bike, maybe it is a small gang that is doing this around the area !!.This also shows that it is not just falangs that are getting targeted and i just hope that the police can show themself from time to time (sorry i know thats not going to happen).

hi, ?

i know you must have been in shock by what happened but can you give a few more details Dhali?

was the bike all green or green and another colour?

did it have a rear number plate?

did the robber have a helmet?

if so do you recall the colour and style (open face/full face)

did he wear a jacket? shirt? what colour?

tattoos, scars anything striking about him?

you said dark skinned but did he strike you as muscular, well built or was he skinny?

if you can add a little to the picture, i am around this area all the time and will keep an eye out for him

Guess there is no more happening with the robber suspect, is he caught or not? Seen on TV that someone was caught, but did it have anything to do with the Mabprachan robbery? If he is caught, thats good, but if not, then we should keep our eyes open, im sure the guy hangs out around here, and he needs to get gas and needs to eat, so that means he needs to drive on the same roads that we are on. Hope to hear more from the guy that got robbed, with more of a description and what kind of gun did he have.

Does it really matter what kid of gun he has? One easy way to get to know is let him shoot you. My guess a 9mm

Sorry to ask such a stupid question, just wondered if it was the same gun that was on TV. In other words, was it the same guy! But since you already know it was a 9mm, then you answered my question.