Nfl 2010 Season

double OMG! i got into BKK on sunday night around midnight and went to the Four Points on Soi 15 - after checking in, no ASN! (thanks though yosithezet, i know you were just trying to help). lots of sports channels, but no ASN. scrambled downstairs and started streaming the game on one of the computers near the lobby. at about halftime (2:30am), for some unknown reason - <deleted>?, the internet became to slow to stream video - so i started listening to the game on internet radio. after the giants scored to go up 31-10 with 8 minutes left in the fourth, completely exahusted, 3:30am, i crashed out. AND MISSED THE MOST EPIC COMEBACK IN EAGLES HISTORY!! the first part of any eagles game i have missed in the last five years!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NFL Playoff Schedule

Congrats to the Jets, Colts, Ravens, Chiefs, Steelers, Pats, Saints, Seahawks, Eagles, Packers, Falcons and Bears.

If seeds are the sole determining factor then it would be the Pats v. Falcons on Feb. 6 (Feb. 7 in Thailand), but I'm not sure we (Pats in my case) can beat Baltimore and Pittsburgh twice in the same season?

NFL Playoff Schedule

Congrats to the Jets, Colts, Ravens, Chiefs, Steelers, Pats, Saints, Seahawks, Eagles, Packers, Falcons and Bears.

If seeds are the sole determining factor then it would be the Pats v. Falcons on Feb. 6 (Feb. 7 in Thailand), but I'm not sure we (Pats in my case) can beat Baltimore and Pittsburgh twice in the same season?

Well, at least your season is still on. Mine was over mid way through. Worse for me is I have to root for the Eagles, as they are the NFC East representative. Anyway, this final suffering for me should be over after the Green Bay game.

Bill Belichick is the best coach in football. As they have said about all the great coaches, he can beat yoursin with hisin and he can beat hisin with yoursin. Belichick and Brady are going to be hard to beat.

double OMG! i got into BKK on sunday night around midnight and went to the Four Points on Soi 15 - after checking in, no ASN! (thanks though yosithezet, i know you were just trying to help). lots of sports channels, but no ASN. scrambled downstairs and started streaming the game on one of the computers near the lobby. at about halftime (2:30am), for some unknown reason - <deleted>?, the internet became to slow to stream video - so i started listening to the game on internet radio. after the giants scored to go up 31-10 with 8 minutes left in the fourth, completely exahusted, 3:30am, i crashed out. AND MISSED THE MOST EPIC COMEBACK IN EAGLES HISTORY!! the first part of any eagles game i have missed in the last five years!!

The NFL is also shown in Thai thru Astro supersport 2. If you can find it.

All NFL Playoff games will be shown live at the Home Run regardless of the ungodly BKG time kick off.

Feel free to PM me for details if interested in watching.

GO BEARS!

Fellas,

While things have vastly improved with game broadcasts this season and last (with ASN, even though I don't have it) it seems there's always a glitch or two.

Watched the games on TS 3 and the FOX broadcast (GB-Philly) was kind of a drag, with all the runing game info--except for Philly's score--cut from the picture. Not from my TV, talks with others confirmed the same. I think True is 'zooming in' the picture some on some sports events, and while not noticeable for the most part, when the game info is not visible that's a drag.

Sent an email to notify them of the situation, whihc is this.

Because of TRUE's 'zooming in' of the picture, the audience CAN NOT see the score, down-and-distance, and clock information that FOX puts in the upper left of the screen.

All we can see was only the points scored by one of the teams, that's all. No clock, no quarter, no down-and distance information, no play clock ticking down, no number of timeouts left, Not a good viewing experience watching last Monday's Green Bay-Philadelphia playoff game, being unable to see all of this key game information. I need be able to see the clock, at least.

I asked them to 'zoom out', get back to the original picture of the FOX NFL broadcasts, NFC games for the playoffs, so the audience can know the game situation while watching the game. Hope they can correct this for the two FOX games Sunday and Monday, and next week's NFC Championship game.

[email protected] is where you can send a message, if you also want to let them know that info is nice to have.

Pumped up for the games, gonna be a great weekend of football!

Edited by rwilem

RW, I haven't particularly noticed the issue you're raising above, in watching the games on ASN... But I'm usually paying more attention to the game itself vs. the info graphics on the screen... so who knows...

However, I do know that Fox just during this current season began broadcasting the games in a widescreen format, I guess HD in the States, but I assume it doesn't come thru as HD on regular TrueVisions broadcasts here via ASN...

I'm just wondering, what makes you think it's Truevisions that's cutting off the info... Could it be the display settings on your TV such as set 4x3 vs. 16x9? Or it could be the ASN broadcast that Truevisions in receiving...

I'm not saying it isn't Truevisions... I'm just asking how do you know the issue rests with them vs. other factors?

Well, I did notice a bit of a 'zoomed-in' picture on an ESPN college basketball game the other day. The crawler below the picture gave it away, that the entire scene was 'zoomed-in' a bit.

Yes, I tried messing with every format and viewing options on my TV, of course, to no avail. Other friends confirmed the same deal; all they could see on their TVs was the Philly logo and points for Philly, nothing else.

Just a drag, like I say. It's amazing how often you do look at the clock when you're watching the game, and the relation to the play clock, etc. And 'playing along', i.e. when the coaches should or shouln't be calling timeouts. The announcers hardly mention the clock, they assume viewers can get the info anytime. I found that out the other day. The clock and down-and-distance are the main things.

I even passed by a bar playing the game, and same thing, the info was not visible in the picture in the FOX broadcast. NBC, ESPN, and CBS all use a horizontal bar at the top or bottom to show all the info, and if the picture is zoomed in a bit, it doesn't affect seeing it. But that uppr left corner FOX info gets chopped out.

Just wonder if TRUE is aware or not, has an answer or not, and if they'll be able to resolve it.

It's not my TV, though.

Game-wise, I'm taking Ravens, Pack, Bears and Pats. We'll see!

Edited by rwilem

Actually, now that you mention it more, I did notice it last weekend on one of the Fox broadcasts... as you said, because they're placing that info graphic in the upper left hand corner... And they're also broadcasting in wide screen format.

I haven't noticed the same thing with the CBS games, and I'm not sure they're broadcasting in widescreen. But as you said, the score and timeouts graphic on CBS gets centered in the lower edge of the screen...

This weekend, I'll have to look at the ASN version of the games, and see how the picture edge compares with the NFL online broadcast of the same games, to see what and how much is getting chopped off...

The Pittsburg vs Baltimore game was almost over by the time the Mad dog restaurant was open for me to watch it here in Chiang Mai. But I followed the last few minutes on the internet. Congrats to Pittsburg for a solid win even though I was hoping for Baltimore. From what others told me from Canada it was EXPECTED to be a defensive game and it turned out that way.

The Packers vs Atlanta game started out like it was going to be close, but a few key plays by Green Bay turned the game into a rout. Rogers put on a clinic and had a fantastic completion percentage. He completed all 3rd down conversions. And there wasn't a punt by either team until well into the 3rd quarter. It wasn't that Ryan played poorly, but Rogers just over shadowed him at every point in the game.

I was hoping for Atlanta, but Aaron Rogers deserves his shot at the Super Bowl. They earned a shot at either Chicago or Seattle, and I think the Packers can beat either team.

Green Bay were smart getting rid of Bret Favre when they did. They got maximum trade value for him. Favre was at his peak and would only get worse... as was proven out this year. Rogers was looking like a potential great QB. And, the game today proved it. Rogers ran when he had to, ducked out of many potential sacks and was very accurate with his passes, even when off balance and running the wrong way.

I watched the Atlanta-Green Bay game simultaneously on both the True ASN TV feed and separately on the direct Fox network feed online...

Indeed, for some reason, with Fox broadcasting in widescreen, the resulting image that comes across on True/ASN really cuts off sizeable portions of the broadcast on the right and left edges...

I hadn't realized just how much I was missing, side to side, until I watched the two different versions together.

I wonder if there isn't some way to get ASN/True to remedy that problem?

Seattle came back down to earth and Chicago wasn't going to let lightning strike twice. Poor New England chose the wrong game to paly poorly. They looked like anything but the dominant force they were all season. Hand the game to the New York Jets coverage team. There never seemed to be anybody open. jets have been a funny team this season. One week they'll look like super stars and the following week they look like highschool players. You never know which team is going to show up on any given sunday. It should be a defensive game against the Steelers. If the Packers play anything like they played against Atlanta then they SHOULD beat Chicago next weekend.

Seattle came back down to earth and Chicago wasn't going to let lightning strike twice. Poor New England chose the wrong game to paly poorly. They looked like anything but the dominant force they were all season. Hand the game to the New York Jets coverage team. There never seemed to be anybody open. jets have been a funny team this season. One week they'll look like super stars and the following week they look like highschool players. You never know which team is going to show up on any given sunday. It should be a defensive game against the Steelers. If the Packers play anything like they played against Atlanta then they SHOULD beat Chicago next weekend.

Anyone know where to catch the Packers / Bears game this weekend?

The owner of Home Run Bar and Grill in BKK, a new member here, posted recently that they'll be open for the live broadcasts of the various NFL playoff games... PM him or call, via their web site....

http://www.homerunbangkok.com/

Thanks for the lead, I'll check it out.

yes we will show the games live......3 AM Monday morning (Sunday late late night) BEARS dominate the CHEESEHEADS and at 6:30 AM the JETS try to continue their magic against the STEELERS!

had an "ünique" crowd in for the JETS-PATS game this past Mon morning. Never a dull crowd at those hours!!!

Replays of the conference championships will be shown Monday night at 7 PM and 9:30 PM.

DA BEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ugh, we hate losing to NY teams so this one was tough. What looked to be a down season for the Pats, I was thinking 9-7 and a long shot for a wild-card spot, with a very young squad of 22 un-drafted free-agents and 11 rookies definitely over-achieved only to fall short. The offense should have adjusted after the first few series but did not. The token discipline for Welker was also questionable; that should have been dealt with privately, before the game. Anyway it was a decent season; we did beat the four remaining clubs by an aggregate 153-61 including thrashing the Bears and the Steelers on the road, if that's any consolation.

A lot of pre-season prognosticators did have Green Bay in the Super Bowl, with SI having it Steelers 33, GB 27 in Superbowl.

I liked Peter King's quote, "The Steelers’ MVP might be Roger Goodell. At press time it appeared likely the commissioner would reduce Roethlisberger’s suspension from six games to four for good behavior—...".

Anyway we should perhaps savor these last few remaining games, even the dreaded Pro Bowl?, as labor and management are far apart at present and a lock-out/decertification seem likely. Nobody likes billionaires and millionaires arguing over "table scraps", jeopardizing the country's most popular sport, but the future uncharted revenue streams are potentially huge. Amazingly the TV money (NBC, CBS, Fox, ESPN and DirecTV) is guaranteed (to the owners) even if no games are played, giving the owners a bit of a cushion. How legal that may ultimately prove to be, from a complex labor law perspective, is questionable.

Edited by lomatopo

Got 2 words for you Pats fans Wide Receiver. get some.

Hell Yeah Steelers. Lift the Cup.

I'm an irregular NFL fan from the UK (lived in Houston Oiler territory for 2 years yonks ago).

Watched the 150 minute replay versions of all the weekend matches. I have no affiliations. All I can say to all you fanatical supporters of teams out there is one word that should strike fear into your hearts. Rogers