Pay As You Go Mobile Internet

basinboy

Does anybody know is any of the local Telcos/ISP offer wifi USB devices without a contract, in the same way you can buy a sim card at 7 eleven and just top up when required. I come to Chiang mai 4 or 5 times a year, so not long enough to justify signing up for a contract period, but when I am there I need to be in daily touch with my officeand taking the laptop to an internet cafe is a nuisance especially when information to answer emails is at home!

The good news is I'lll be back on Sunday!!

Can't you just use an aircard for the laptop and stay at home? I know there is also internet for the phones, I have a friend that pays 650thb a month unlimited internet for his i phone, I think its with DTAC but not 100%

Can't you just use an aircard for the laptop and stay at home? I know there is also internet for the phones, I have a friend that pays 650thb a month unlimited internet for his i phone, I think its with DTAC but not 100%

An Aircard is just what I need, but when I had a wandered around Pantip in May the only deals I was offered were ongoing contracts. I do have internet access on my phone, but Australian international roaming charges are astronomical, more importantly, composing long emails with attachments is really donkey work on a phone.

BTW good luck for the millers coming season, I'm excited tthat my team, Leeds United are back in the Premier waiting room:D

Edited by basinboy

An Aircard is just what I need, but when I had a wandered around Pantip in May the only deals I was offered were ongoing contracts. I do have internet access on my phone, but Australian international roaming charges are astronomical, more importantly, composing long emails with attachments is really donkey work on a phone.

BTW good luck for the millers coming season, I'm excited tthat my team, Leeds United are back in the Premier waiting room:D

I use AIS's 3G Edge package, once you pay for the USB stick you can use it as and when you like, I used it in CM at the beginning of the year, went to the UK for 3 months returned and just topped it up again at the AIS office when I got back, no monthly contract.

^ as above, think I paid 1700 originally for AIS 12call, 700 a month unlimited . No contract.

Signal strength can be an issue though, I am rural and most days get 2-3 bars 'on the signal indicator, very slow for graphics or any sizeable downloads, it may struggle with being a 'business' connection unless you're sure of the signal in your area.