Law Society Miscarriage Of Justice To Foreigner

johnnort

I have just been a party of a miscarriage of justice through the Thai Courts. The same old business of, sign this, there is no problem. No, I do not do that as a matter of course, I hired a lawyer. He completely misled me. Hence, I am looking for the address, telephone numbers and e-mail address of the Law Society of Thailand. This may now be called The Lawyers Council of Thailand. All links to these are not available on my laptop for some reason.

I assure you I will inform readers as to the details, as I will to the World; it is a great tourist stay away story, but you will have to wait a while longer. It only happened today.

Please leave in this Forum as I don't know where else to post this entry. Thank you.

Please be aware that in any future posting we cannot allow any criticism of a Thai court's decision, or on libelous/defamatory content to appear on this board.

Any posts considered by board mods/admin. to be libelous, or criticising the court's decisions will have to be removed from public view.

:jap:

Thank you erayburn. Be proud of yourself for a very useful first post!!!<br>Do not worry soundman, my future tell all post will not cover the Courts decision but details leading up to the day in Court. Is the printing of advice given by lawyers and police OK??? It definitely is a foreigners stay away story<br>                                                                                                                             Mick<br>

Can't wait to read. Let us know.

To the mod: I understand the lack of freedom of speech we all have in Thailand in regard to certain topic...

Although i really do not understand the comment about the no-toleration of criticism of the court decision. If the criticism is done in a well constructed dialog and without personal insult it should not be blocked. I haven't read a Thai law stating that criticism of a Thai court decision is not allowed.

Please use your judgement, if criticism of Thai court decision were not allowed then it would impossible for anyone to go on appeal against a decision. Is this in the law also?

Thai visa may not be the best place to stress these views. As they may be under a great deal of pressure from thai authorities. Yet I am sure I would have heard similar... when you been hear a long enough time you have heard many stories. Yet every story has 2 sides and the truth is often somewhere in the middle.

Although the suspense is killing me- lol. Anyway I do not think you will get much justice from the Legal Council unless you can very deep pockets. One thing to be learnt is this is not our world and you must adapt as best you can- meaning ultimately money talks and bs walks as many thai have said to me in business over and over.

Anyway good luck telling the WORLD. Sounds like you need a few beers to calm down- lol.

:lol:

Jayinoz, you laugh quite a lot! Good for you! I also have lived in this country for over 13 years and assumed I knew most things. I even have read, with a copy left in my vehicle, the 'Land Traffic Act of Thailand' to assist in understanding and abiding to, Thai law; a model citizen if you will. My story has nothing to do with the Courts actions, nor decision. The reason for being prosecuted is only a side issue and can be left out. The real reason of concern is the undeniable collusion between the police and my lawyer to doctor already written reports to "clear the police books quickly", together with a deliberate lack of information given to me by my own brief. All reports, are in existence! What is interesting is at what stage the doctoring is carried out and the fine orchestration that took place to keep me out of the picture. A foreigner beware issue. My future report will be totally factual and traceable.

So the assumption I am getting is that if we have any dealing with the Thai police we should get copies of all reports and written material right-away.  This would be so that if there should be any court action to follow and they do change their reports, you will have copies of the original reports to prove that they were changed? <br>

Jayinoz, you laugh quite a lot! Good for you! I also have lived in this country for over 13 years and assumed I knew most things. I even have read, with a copy left in my vehicle, the 'Land Traffic Act of Thailand' to assist in understanding and abiding to, Thai law; a model citizen if you will. My story has nothing to do with the Courts actions, nor decision. The reason for being prosecuted is only a side issue and can be left out. The real reason of concern is the undeniable collusion between the police and my lawyer to doctor already written reports to "clear the police books quickly", together with a deliberate lack of information given to me by my own brief. All reports, are in existence! What is interesting is at what stage the doctoring is carried out and the fine orchestration that took place to keep me out of the picture. A foreigner beware issue. My future report will be totally factual and traceable.

I am waiting in suspense but will give up soon. :whistling:

After 13 years finally 'Welcome to Thailand'... Yes I have learnt in the last decade I have been here for business and pleasure that you need to laugh at the extreme cultural differences, or you cannot survive in this world. You probably have been hard done by- yet think to yourself could you have paid someone off to have it go in your favour...the answer would probably be YES. Not just welcome to Thailand, welcome to Asia as a whole for the most part. Exclude some of our far eastern neighbours and Pacific islanders IMO.

Can you still get the result you wish by paying a good amount of 'tea money' My first real serious experience of corruption in business was running a reasonably successful hotel, then I was raided by police by having Farnags in training to be managers. They spent a couple of months in jail whilst I arranged their bail. I needed to pay off the police 50K bt to not be fined 500K bt. Plus they shut me down and my Thai\Singapore competition beat me due to my niavity early on in the decade. i would never make the same mistakes again and look for a new hotel to run. Making sure I abide my all the rules to cover myself next time.

So I laugh a lot- yes because we live in a culture that is difficult to understand sometimes and many of us get burnt or seduced by the culture\people. I have known people living here for 20+ years whom are still babies in terms of knowing this culture and the way to do business. Yours event seems traffic related-easy pay off through my eyes.

I agree with Lucky Lew give some more details or we are wasting our time. Just abide by the Thai Visa rules concerning slander of courts or people and you will have no hassles.

Lets hear it Op... :whistling: I am sure the event has not ruined you- you probably down just a small part of your saving- this is what I speculate. I will not tell you how much the closing down of my hotel cost. But it was not the end of the world for me. I was however very angry and bitter for years afterwards and wanting revenge. That will not get you anywhere.

All a learning experience, some just cost a lot more than others- rather much the same as women- Lol. Cheers Jay :lol:

jonnort,

I would like to talk to you since this involves medical/hospital or a dcotor. I have something coming up to hit the court circuit regarding medical treatment and have seen some fishy things going on.

How can we connect outside of Thai Visa to have a good chat? I believe our conversations would be informative and interesting for what both of us have to say. let me know.

uncletom

Please be aware that in any future posting we cannot allow any criticism of a Thai court's decision, or on libelous/defamatory content to appear on this board.

Any posts considered by board mods/admin. to be libelous, or criticising the court's decisions will have to be removed from public view.

So it would be OK to criticise other countrie's courts ................. just not Thai courts.

Could I ask why that is as this is a worldwide internet forum.

Please people! I was only asking for an address!

Gooday johnnort, Don't mind some peoples postings so much and let them get to you. It is apparent it is a hard frustrating time for you.

Once again, I would like to talk to you personally off the forum about your ordeal. I have stated that I will have something coming up in the related field and wish to have your knowledge and thoughts. Yes, it is quite dangerous to post finger pointing material on the internet in Thailand, so best you do not until all is finished within the Thai system. It is not the Thai Visa censure, it is getting caught and having your IP address uncovered byt authorities.

How should we connect to talk, just tell me and I will do so.

uncletom

7/89 Building 10, Bovornnives Ratchadamnoen, Klang Road, Phranakom, 10200 The location is right by Democracy Monument. Phone number is 02-6297430 The website is in Thai.

And, the above address is correct, I was there the other weekend meeting with a bunch of lawyers I've known for awhile discussing my case coming up. It is a little kids school and Lawyers Council HQ together. So be thinking to find a school near the democracy Cricle opposite side of the Tesco, look at the gate, and then you will see the Thai Laywers logo on it. This will be the place.

Have you tried the Thai National Human Rights Commision yet? Thai NHRC

uncletom

Please people! I was only asking for an address!

Gooday johnnort, Don't mind some peoples postings so much and let them get to you. It is apparent it is a hard frustrating time for you.

Once again, I would like to talk to you personally off the forum about your ordeal. I have stated that I will have something coming up in the related field and wish to have your knowledge and thoughts. Yes, it is quite dangerous to post finger pointing material on the internet in Thailand, so best you do not until all is finished within the Thai system. It is not the Thai Visa censure, it is getting caught and having your IP address uncovered byt authorities.

How should we connect to talk, just tell me and I will do so.

uncletom

Come on guys can the Thai authorities really be bothered about tracking down who using your IP address and coming after you.

As the Sargent stated tell you whole story on any blog site and have the links pointing outside of Thai Visa. As Thai Visa has affiliations very close in Thailand being a partner with the Nation. They need to be more careful ans censor more than the average Joe Blog site. Yet it is still nowhere near as bad as when I was in China- the censorship over there is crazy. Cheers Jay

post the full details  and don't worry about being censured ,  just do it elswhere and provide a link

Or do it by Personal Messages? Or is that also against the forum rules?

To the naysayers regarding contempt of court. Contempt of court in Thailand is somewhat different then many other countries in that the contempt can occur in public and not the court room and one can be charged for it. Here is an example.

A website on Thai law closed itself down permanently after the Crime Suppression Division sent a letter to an internet service provider, asking for information about the website in connection with alleged contempt of court.

Criminal Court Judge Director-General Jirawan Suyanwanitkul filed a complaint with the Crime Suppression Division on July 5, 2007, to prosecute the webmaster of http://www.thaijustice.com/ for committing and supporting acts in contempt of court.

It was understood that the case relates to certain comments posted on the webboard, criticizing past judgments and actions of the court over controversial political issues,

Source: Prachatai

A word of caution to those commenting to go ahead and post the details - thin ice comes to mind.

Yes started intrigingly...Well no point subscribing to this thread anymore- Nortie John will not give more info and we have others saying do not do (Thin ice, etc commentators)-- pity.

Anyway my point of view was that ONLY money talks and bs walks, especially in the Asian developing world. So you lost out due to these reasons, as per my experience in this field. Learning experience for you buddy.

Chok Dee.