Atvs

roni

Hi Roni,

Its a while ago since you posted your comment so I guess you may have bought one already?

If not it is worth looking around to see what is out there.

Look for 150cc or bigger, try to stay with Auto - easier to ride. Avoid 4WD as this will mean much bigger machine and much bigger price.

The big problem is that the government see ATV not as a working vehicle but as Falang Toys. And so they add 80% duty to any thing brought in to Thailand irrespective of who produces it or to what standard.

There are no Thai safety standards applied to ATV as it is a 'none' classification of vehicle.

Look for something which has either EEC or URL approval - look carefully at the frame strength (weld quality) Box section is better than tube. Powder coating is better than paint.

Let us know how you get on.

Polaris make some good 400 cc+ ATV with front drive option, with the rear axle drive. If memory serves me they went up to 600 cc and were real farm workhorses. In 4 wheel drive neither mud, snow, or steep incline would stop them. We used them for roundup, running fences, running irrigation system, etc. The Chinese made ATV appear to be typical copies on the small side for the rough work/handling which will be needed on the farm.

Polatis is the best ATV on the planet, Honda comes in a close second I just dont like the price in Thailand

If you can find a second hand one buy it

There is no such thing as a cheep ATV you get what you pay for .