If You'Re Listening To Music Now... Whats Playing? 4

Jockstar

Tribal Drift released an album called Collective Journeys, in the early / mid 90's.

The best track is called Fertile. (I can't get a link to play it though sad.png - all the others on the album seem to be available on the web). Anyone have any better luck than me and upload a link to a site that can play it?

Saw them play at the Forest of Dean Music Festival back in 1992, met Cyrung at Glastonbury sometime before that when he was playing the dij in the Green Field together with another Aussie - (can't remember his name).

I'd like to spend a couple of weeks again in the summer in the UK before I get too old. Problem is there's no guarantee with the weather,could end up sitting around wearing jerseys watching the rain fall down the window pane.

rgs- you're a true fan, still following bands. Have you got dual UK/ Aussie citizenship?

soihok- it's so frustrating when you can't find a favourite track on the net, especially when the rest of the album is up! I have that same 'problem with Commander Cody. Get so used to everything being free, forget the old days of troopsing down to the record shops with a few bob in the pocket to peruse new or second hand LPs ( or probably CDs in your case- did they ever sell second hand CDs?)

Some photos I took of Cornwall last month, the weather was sunny but the air was still cold, hence the fog/mist was constantly changing. Must have been a nightmare for sailors in the old days but it sure was pretty for cliff path walkers like myself!

post-11997-0-62815500-1431867084_thumb.j

post-11997-0-11531700-1431867111_thumb.j

post-11997-0-51528800-1431867133_thumb.j

• Like 2

BN, all the bands I like are either, dead, disbanded or dross these days.

Last in Jolly Ole Blight 2 years ago, the big bands were wanting 75 quid for concert tickets,

gave them a miss and paid a tenner for some folk festival, not a sweater or pipe in sight, but plenty of real ale.

Come on rgs, (btw i like your 3 Ds- dead, dross and disbanded -( you could have added dire or disabled)),- having a few years on you, the musicians i liked/loved growing up with, are croaking almost every week, but as you say better to pay 10 quid for a folk festival- which is where the internet is such an opportunity to hear local bands

This is the future, the great leveler of he internet.

Talking about real ale- there's a good article about real ale in Thailand in Sunday's Post, only it's 100 baht a glass !- illegal of course but the fine for producing it is derisory for Thais ( max 500 baht). Time to smuggle my Boots kit in and produce some really crap lager.... lol

No doubt your missus is a good Buddhist and has heard about the death of Luang Por Khun- there's a funny story in the Post today where Somrak Khamsing ( the first Thai Olympic Gold medalist boxer) was training in Pak Chong before the Olympics in 1996. Eating breakfast one day, a dog came along and pointed his percy ( took a leak) on Somrak's leg.

Fearing it was a sign of bad luck, Somrak decided to visit Luang Por Khun to cast off the bad sign.

Sitting below the monk,he recounted the story- No, said LPK, a dog never pees on ordinary people, this means you are someone special, it's truly a sign something great will happen to you!

A few weeks later Somrak won the Olympic gold medal and received over 22 million baht from various companies and organizations.

But apparently he spent the whole lot gambling in a couple of years!

• Like 1

a side project by the lead singer of my favorite Thai band and a good one too.

some years back now, but still a great sound and two very good bands in their own right, IMHO.

i can get by, but am no fluent expert of the Thai language by far. although it does bring a smile to those who catch me singing along where ever i maybe.

https://youtu.be/kwmxpQnWbDo

BN, funny you should mention LPK, I was sat with the Somchais the other night, they were asking such pertinent questions like,

how old was he, what time did he die, how much did he weigh, all the while this song was ringing through my brain.

• Like 1

BN, funny you should mention LPK, I was sat with the Somchais the other night, they were asking such pertinent questions like,

how old was he, what time did he die, how much did he weigh, all the while this song was ringing through my brain.

The lovely,loony Lene, you know why rgs?

The poor girl was forced to move to Hull when she was 13., luckily she escaped to London after school, otherwise the effects could have been far worse (for example dyed blonde hair, roots showing, pushing a pram with flat tyres whilst a fag dangles from the corner of the mouth,shouting ,''Shurrrup Sharon!''

She beat Lady Gaga by several years for ' interesting appearance'

Any ideas on numbers for the June !st draw?

• Like 1

BN, couldnt find a song with the words, roi laan (LOL) in the lyrics, so this will have to do instead.

BTW, your Hull story ref LL, hilarious, same same on the sink estate I come from, dyed hair, panda eyes, fake tan, and the tramp stamp on the lower back, and a mouth on them that would put a navvy to shame, they all drink like fish and smoke like chimneys, riap roy, LOL.

Not the sort of crap I listen to, but you being in Whispering Bob mode will love this.

• Like 1

The Stones have released some absolute classics over the years- this track imo, is their best from their hippy era..

But Altamont really showed Mick's pretensions- '' Come on cool it people, cool out.'' whilst a Hell's Angel looks at him as if to say...(4.14)..