If You'Re Listening To Music Now... Whats Playing? 4

Jockstar

A long time ago I was one of the teachers at the inception of a new English Language programme at a Thai school. One of the teachers was an American called Jim, he was stone deaf in one ear and had got the job under false pretences, the boss thought he had previously worked at Nasa (Texas not Sukhumvit), but in fact he had merely sold paintings from the back of a van in that area. Being deaf in one ear meant everyone had to shout to his right side for him to hear us. The Thai students, unfortunately, didn't realize this.

He always wore a white suit Tom Wolfe style, which rapidly turned to grey in the Bangkok smog, and it was soon apparent he didn't have a clue about teaching. The owner, being kind, didn't want to just fire him so she sent him to write the school menu for lunch in English and do a bit of gardening.

One day he came running back to the staff room, he had seen the Thai dance teachers in their class, teaching the students the graces of Thai classical dance.

' Madam' he implored the boss, ' I can teach the Thai teachers american dances, i promise you it will be fun''

He then pulled out a tape of american rock n' roll jitterbug dances, swinging the hapless and very surprised conservatively dressed Thai teachers left, right and centre.

A complete disaster all round, dismissal soon followed.

Edited by bannork

Heavy rain in Issan the last few days, the rains came late this year, it seems they're finishing late too...., good.

My lemon tree (lime actually) hasn't produced any fruit for 3 years. I've had nothing but scratches from it.

Robert Plant can go on about juice running down his leg but all I've seen are streaks of blood on mine.

• Like 1

Blimey, DB's taken a day off, wonder where he went, I think he's a London lad, but if he ventured up north I hope he chose Scarborough over Bridlington,

Here's a nice middle of the road tune, just the sort he likes......,actually it was written with the Bangkok mini marathon runners of Nov 15 2015 in mind (the refrain- keep on running) plus the title 'Roll with the changes" (never mind if they add a few kilometres to the course

Edited by bannork