If You'Re Listening To Music Now... Whats Playing? 4

Jockstar

Over rated somewhat due to her early death IMO. I was surprised to see her son arrive at an fm 90 concert last month where his Aunt, her sister already was, they completely ignored each other. He has made it up with his dad, but not apparently the rest of the family. Her brother shot her first husband dead in the Dusit Thai car park, he had an affair with one of the sisters, he only did 5 years, talk about dysfunctional families.!

singing at 9.38 Nong Phet talking about his family,

Edited by thai3

i don't think her early death had anything to do with her reputation musically, she had already recorded over 200 songs when she died. Her popularity when alive was such that the King's daughter Princess Sirindhorn presided over her cremation.

Not bad for the illiterate daughter of a sugar cane worker, one of 9 children was it?

To me her voice can express both pain and joy, and her life surely taught her both. Sunari is wonderful at slow ballads but Pumpuang could sing both ballads and up tempo dance numbers, and with a voice that just sears its mark on the soul. Even today, anywhere in Thailand her song are still played every day on country stations.

. Motorhead- speed freak- God knows how Lemmy lived so long, must have had the constitution of a horse. Yet watching interviews with him I get the impression there's depression behind the facade.He jokes but it's the humour of someone making the best of a bad job- not the humour of 'hell, that was fun!'

With psychedelia there's no comedown 55555