If You'Re Listening To Music Now... Whats Playing? 4

Jockstar

9 hours ago, bannork said:

one of my favorites from the Steve Miller Band...great video, looks like Waimea in winter on the north shore of Oahu...surfin' is supposed to be about havin' fun and that ain't no fun...steep take off (the trough is 40 feet below) with half a chance of surviving a bad wipe...a surfer once said that bein' out in the lineup at Waimea ain't no fun...it's just the fear of a watery death and the adrenalin pumpin'...

them dudes is crazy and contrasts nicely with the laid back accompanying tune...

1968 at the Anaheim Convention Center and Steve Miller takes the stage at about 12am and starts with 'livin' in the USA', they were opened by local band 'Black Pearl' that already set the house on fire...one of the union electricians cut his power and he hurled himself offa the stage to tackle to offending tradesman...and tutsi is on his feet yellin' 'kill him!, kill him!, kill him!...' later the cops were outside lookin' fer subversives...

music is just right to soothe the savage soul...

Edited by tutsiwarrior
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, tukkytuktuk said:

a good song that I haven't heard in ages...I always thought that if one could overcome the fear of death then yer halfway there...but then there is humiliation, failure and fear itself that can be more compelling...

re: the video, I was in love with Liv Ullman fer years...footage from 'the hour of the wolf'? one man's descent into madness...a scary movie from Ingmar Bergman...

and now, for something more traditional...

my sister tells me that DNA testing has it that we are 40% ethnic andean...

and then she sneers and sez: 'and yew thought that yew were a surfer...'

well...an ethnic andean surfer...ain't that allowed?

and then tutsi ducks and runs as the mortal abuse unfolds...

Edited by tutsiwarrior