2Nd Hand Cars

fezman

Hi all , whats a good 2nd hand car to buy there ? are euro cars hard to get parts for and expensive to fix ,ie have seen some bmw and citroen etc fairly cheap .are they cheap because the parts are expensive ?

thanks fez.

Try search this forum regarding 2'nd hand cars, many pitfalls so be extremly carefull. Many 2nd hand car had the odometer tampered with, some involved in an accident and small shop repaired the body by welding plates togheter to look like a "good" car again.

I bought a 2006 Honda City and have not regretted it so far, took the car to Honda before signing any papers and have them check the car, eveything OK acording to Honda as they can check service history on their computer system.

If I was you I would buy some boring Thai made brand, like Honda, Toyoata as spareparts are plentifull and cheap.

I only drive app 10K km pr year so why buy a new car

euro cars in general have expensive parts. Very hard to find someone to repair outside BKK. BMW has 2 dealers south of BKK, in Phuket and hat Yai, and they both seem clueless on repairs, probably why rather new BMWs are frequently seen on flatbeds going to and from BKK

thanks for the advice guys ,thought that maybe the case ,whats the Opal corsa like ,are they made in LOS? are they a sh*t box ?

Peaple allways forget: You get what you pay for. A used corsa (they are all 16 years old) cost arround 100'k for a manual (no pwr steering) or 120'k for a autobox (with pwr steering and pwr windows). So how can this car be good as a 3 year old Vios. No way! But how much you pay for a 3 year old Vios? 400'k or more. You can't compare this old corsas with Jazzes os Vioses. And if you want buy a local Japanese brand for 100 to 12o'k, what you could get? Not even a 1992 Honda Civic. So you have to go back to 80ties and you can find maybe a 89' Accort sh...box with cracked plastic seats and no working AC. Corsas are not bad, but you get what you pay for. Parts are not more expensive than parts for a Honda City. Corsas are made in Spain (not germany and not in LOS).

thanks mate ,some good advice there ,thanks for your time .

thanks for the advice guys ,thought that maybe the case ,whats the Opal corsa like ,are they made in LOS? are they a sh*t box ?

Peaple allways forget: You get what you pay for. A used corsa (they are all 16 years old) cost arround 100'k for a manual (no pwr steering) or 120'k for a autobox (with pwr steering and pwr windows). So how can this car be good as a 3 year old Vios. No way! But how much you pay for a 3 year old Vios? 400'k or more. You can't compare this old corsas with Jazzes os Vioses. And if you want buy a local Japanese brand for 100 to 12o'k, what you could get? Not even a 1992 Honda Civic. So you have to go back to 80ties and you can find maybe a 89' Accort sh...box with cracked plastic seats and no working AC. Corsas are not bad, but you get what you pay for. Parts are not more expensive than parts for a Honda City. Corsas are made in Spain (not germany and not in LOS).

buy a used 'yota.

Thats the short version of a long backed up speech from a guy who's had 8 cars in 4 years in Thailand from classic benz to Modern super minis and an SUV.

find a used 'yota that fits your needs and budget and you'll not be sorry. If you want thrills and spills, buy whatever the <deleted> you like. I did. Now I want simple practical versatile transport. (currently I have a sportrider)

Thanks Loz ,ok now were should I buy one ? from the TV classifieds or baht sold ,one2car ,car yard .Do car yards have warranty etc and how dodgy are they ?

whats the go with finance on 2nd handers and the percentage ?I have had a few Yotas and they always go well ,what do you think about Hyundi ?the main thing I want is something to get me round town and I dont need to look flash,dont even care about crappy paint job ,just a bit of reliability .

buy a used 'yota.

Thats the short version of a long backed up speech from a guy who's had 8 cars in 4 years in Thailand from classic benz to Modern super minis and an SUV.

find a used 'yota that fits your needs and budget and you'll not be sorry. If you want thrills and spills, buy whatever the <deleted> you like. I did. Now I want simple practical versatile transport. (currently I have a sportrider)

Thanks Loz ,ok now were should I buy one ? from the TV classifieds or baht sold ,one2car ,car yard .Do car yards have warranty etc and how dodgy are they ?

whats the go with finance on 2nd handers and the percentage ?I have had a few Yotas and they always go well ,what do you think about Hyundi ?the main thing I want is something to get me round town and I dont need to look flash,dont even care about crappy paint job ,just a bit of reliability .

buy a used 'yota.

If you find a used Toyota for the price of a Opel Corsa, same age (around 100'k), please let me know i want one as well.