Hotel In Cm

cmjantje

Several of the 5 star hotels have incredible offers currently. You could make a point that the cheapest 5 star global hotel prices are currently in Chiang Mai. You're still spending 2500-4000 baht, but for that you would get something that costs 10K and up everywhere else in the world. (Suite upgrades, etc.)

Or, there is a small hotel in Loi Kroh Soi 3A (I think) that has really good rooms for 500 baht.. (I'd have to check back on the name, and even confirm it was indeed soi 3A; it was a bit blurry at the time though in the morning I noticed I woke up at what was actually a very nice place. ;) )

Or if you want to be right in the middle of everythign, the Imm Thapae hotel is also new and nice and not expensive for what it is, I believe 700-800 or so.

So, you're unlikely to be overcharged anywhere in town, no matter if you spend 500 baht or 5000 baht. Take your pick.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai
  • Like 1

hi

will be coming in november for a few day have stayed in a couple of hotels but noy very good

looking for somewere in the price range of 700 - 1100 per night for me and the wife

we are staying at my wife parents in chiang rai and coming to chiang mai for a few days

thanks charlie

Several of the 5 star hotels have incredible offers currently.

I agree. Right now is a unique situation and the common wisdom about hotel prices is pretty far off. You really need to do your own research on the web to find the best deals, but, of course, it is difficult to know which hotels are really as good as they sound in on-line advertising. :unsure:

hi

will be coming in november for a few day have stayed in a couple of hotels but noy very good

looking for somewere in the price range of 700 - 1100 per night for me and the wife

we are staying at my wife parents in chiang rai and coming to chiang mai for a few days

thanks charlie

Charlie

I use the Downtown Inn Hotel.

It is central location and it should not cost any more than 1100 baht.

I hope this helps. :D

,,, snip ... will be coming in november for a few day ,,, snip ...

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun Charlie,

Do keep in mind that rates generally go up in November, and that during the Loy Khratong festival (November 21, this year) special rates will be in effect.*

best, ~o:37;

*Assuming (and hoping) we don't have political catastrophe ruin the high-tourist season again.

Edited by orang37

Lux Hotel is nice and not expensive.

Normal price 1000,- and they have promotion now for 600,- Baht a night without breakfast.

I found a description here. We have been there about two weeks ago.

Its all new, excellent bathroom, sofa, big frigde and new flatscreen tv.

What i like best is you can buy good food until 1 pm at the road in front of the hotel :rolleyes:

Lux Hotel is nice and not expensive.

Normal price 1000,- and they have promotion now for 600,- Baht a night without breakfast.

I found a description here. We have been there about two weeks ago.

Its all new, excellent bathroom, sofa, big frigde and new flatscreen tv.

What i like best is you can buy good food until 1 pm at the road in front of the hotel :rolleyes:

http://www.luxhotelchiangmai.com/en/roomrate.php 500 -600 baht with breakfast.

The Imm Hotel next to Mcdonalds at Taipae Gate is good value at 900 vaht a night including a western breakfast. Not sure what the rate will be in November but you could try and book it now and maybe you could get it at the same place. Its a new hotel that is close to most things and several of my friends have stayed there and remarked how good it was especially the breakfast and location

When we visit Chiang Mai we always stay at the Chiang Mai Gate Hotel. Their website advertises the standard room for B 1000 but you can book the same room via one of the on-line booking sites for a couple hundred bhat less.

Good value at either price.

Another vote for the Montri.

Cheap,clean rooms,good brekkie.Central location(walk to Tuskers 2minutes).

Friendly staff.(free airport transfer too!)

Also vote for Montri; central, clean, safe, breakfast, reliable pick up service, front desk staff always very friendly and pleasant, good English, go out of their way to be helpful / to answer any questions, under 1,000Baht.