Diaper Prices

Shipwreck

Just went shopping at the local Tesco for some Mamy Poko for our little one.

A large pack of 72 diapers (small size) was on sale from 699 down to 649 baht.

However, It is actually cheaper to buy three packs of 24.

A 24 pack of diapers is regularly 199, but they are on sale for 179.

3x179= 537

So, save yourself 112 baht and go for the small packs. biggrin.gif

- They seemed to have the same price structure for size M and L as well...

I found the same in Tescos a month or so back with orange juice. They had 2 cartons on special packed together in a plastic bag. Next to them were same brand single cartons. Buying 2 single cartons was 52 baht cheaper than buying 2 in the bag at the special price.

I found the same in Tescos a month or so back with orange juice. They had 2 cartons on special packed together in a plastic bag. Next to them were same brand single cartons. Buying 2 single cartons was 52 baht cheaper than buying 2 in the bag at the special price.

The Makro people would hire only college graduates to work cashier and accounting.

Wonder just where do they hire their Tescos' girls from?

Nevertheless, that was also an excellent buy for the day.

Got to visit what is the name of that store more often now!

That's normal, I saw the same at Carrefour and Robinson too when my daughter was in diapers

And it is not unusual in Thailand at all. Go to 7/Eleven and buy potato crisps and you will find that you get more if you buy 3 of the smaller bags for 20 bath each than if you buy 2 of the bigger 30 bath each bags

That's normal, I saw the same at Carrefour and Robinson too when my daughter was in diapers

And it is not unusual in Thailand at all. Go to 7/Eleven and buy potato crisps and you will find that you get more if you buy 3 of the smaller bags for 20 bath each than if you buy 2 of the bigger 30 bath each bags

In all fairness, the price is calculated by weight rather than by size.

Sometimes, the size may be deceiving to the eyes though.

It might appear to be cheaper by buying two smaller bags, but then price per gram might or might not be higher.

FWIW.

In all fairness, the price is calculated by weight rather than by size.

Sometimes, the size may be deceiving to the eyes though.

It might appear to be cheaper by buying two smaller bags, but then price per gram might or might not be higher.

FWIW.

That's exactly what I mean, in the 7/Eleven case, you get more weight in gramsbuying the smaller packs, in the diapers case, you get more number of diapers of the same size (= more weight) buying the smaller packs

Edited by MikeyIdea

Just got back from Tops and I found a slightly better deal.

Packages of 48 newborn diapers are on sale for 349 baht.

Previously I had mentioned you can buy a pack of 24 at Tesco for 179 baht. 2x179 = 358 baht.

Save yourself an extra 9 baht! laugh.gif

Also, I picked up a pack of small sized Mamy Poko - they are almost exactly the same size as the newborn ones! What gives?

In the pic, newborn is on the left, small on the right.

post-110787-083133600 1281695347_thumb.j

post-110787-046921600 1281695461_thumb.j