Applying For Thai Passport For 1 Year Old Son

Hello Thailand lovers.... and those that love to hate it....

Not sure where to ask this question. My wife and son are Thai and are currently living in Thailand. She has just taken our son to apply for his first passport, but of course I am supposed to be in attendance during this application. But, unfortunately I am in Canada, and I hope to be bringing them back with me the next time I go across. So, I am wondering if there is any possible way for me to sign something here, or fill out some sort of paper work downloaded from the internet - that would be giving my consent?

Any and all advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thank You!!

You have to consent to the child getting a passport, but do not have to be there.

I don't know of any forms you can download for this, suggest you contact the embassy for that or have your wife contact the consular affairs department to see if they have any forms for that or that a simple letter with a copy of your ID-card would be enough and in what language.

http://www.consular.go.th/

Mario2008 advice is sound. If all else fails wait tell you arrive back in Thailand. It only takes a few days to apply and receive a new passport for your child. While your hear how about applying for its Canadian passport in Bangkok?.