Bangkok Bikes Rental

You can find their website if you search exactly Bangkok Bikes Rental, and they have an add on the TV classifieds for bikes. Apparently they have 09 models of the er6n and zx10. They also have a 1100zzr. Looks like they are all Kawa. They say they have first class insurance for all bikes. Anyone tried em out? I'm thinking of taking a 2 day trip with my wife on one as I'm already missing the one I just sold.

lol any of them? there was only one damnit :P Unless your thinking of the 2stroke as well. In this case I saved the thing by applying the appropriate premix ratio and disposing of the pump while getting it figured out.

Also, I'm assuming their 09 zx10s are more like a zx6 because of the restricted exhaust, ecu, etc.

Funny, they mention Ramkanghaeng as the pickup point but the map on their main page has a Google map of Paris, France. Well, the bottom of the site says "site internet gratuit" which (using my compulsory Canadian french) would mean "free internet site". I guess you get what you pay for. whistling.gif

All kidding aside though, good luck (honestly) to the business owner(s). I'm glad to see somebody took the risk in investing in this business model and wish them all the best. If the expressways in Thailand opened up for bikes I'd be there renting a ZX10 in no time, but as it is, I can't trust myself on the streets of Bangkok with a 1000cc of power dodging pedestrians, dogs, and mobile noodle stands.

Franck won't rent to everybody - he needs to be careful. Now and then I see someone red-line a cold engine. There should be laws about cruelty to engines.

Being in the bike rental business also, I can fully understand that comment. I'm thinking about renting zx10 soon just to see if I like it, hope he doesn't refuse me :blink:

One has got to expect shit like that to happen with a public rental business. There's no way you can know everyone. Better to make it a private "rent to friends business." Or make the renter sign something that says "wait until the engine is 80 degrees Celsius before putting the engine into high rpms." He did say the bikes have first class insurance, but that the zx-10 doesn't.

Also, I managed to find where the reference of me red-lining cold engines comes from, and no I don't go around redlining cold engines. For the record I never once put my GSXR750 past 7,000 rpm until it hit 80 degrees Celcius, and yes I did learn from the engine oil experience. The Victor is a little toy I got for $400 and I can replace the piston for $30 or the engine head for a hundred dollars as is, so I can experiment with it. Yes I hit the power band with it once after driving for only 2 minutes because I was getting confused as to why it seems to run so great when it's cold but starts sounding like shit after it gets hot. I just figured out that it is probably because it is running too lean, and as the air gets hotter it will naturally run leaner so preforms better when it is cold. Just learned this "science" 2 days ago. The more important thing is that it is my bike so I can do what I want with it, and I can replace the engine head for a days work, and no I have never done this to a nice, costly, 4-cylinder bike that was my bike, and wouldn't it to someone else's bike either even if "some else's bike" was some little $300 bike that was having issues.

Would rent from Pattaya but I don't trust those bikes and don't want to have a mechanical failure in the country.

That's a bit of a concern, no first class insurance on the zx10 but all other bikes have it. Wonder why the most expensive bike in his fleet, and therefore the most expensive to repair doesn't have full insurance? Might have a rethink on renting the zx then.

That's a bit of a concern, no first class insurance on the zx10 but all other bikes have it. Wonder why the most expensive bike in his fleet, and therefore the most expensive to repair doesn't have full insurance? Might have a rethink on renting the zx then.

Maybe because its a grey import. Rather than a sold by Kawasaki Thailand bike. I gotta say that Frank is not doing a very good marketing job with his rentals. People have asked him questions here at TV myself included to get no answer. Strange that.

I will continue to rent from Pattaya beach road soi13 opposite the 7/11. From the women there, Ok no insurance but the bikes are good and cheap. 

lol any of them? there was only one damnit :P Unless your thinking of the 2stroke as well. In this case I saved the thing by applying the appropriate premix ratio and disposing of the pump while getting it figured out.

I can recall three bikes you've blown up recently- the VFR400, the Gixxer and the 2-stroke. :whistling:

Maybe because its a grey import. Rather than a sold by Kawasaki Thailand bike. I gotta say that Frank is not doing a very good marketing job with his rentals. People have asked him questions here at TV myself included to get no answer. Strange that.

I will continue to rent from Pattaya beach road soi13 opposite the 7/11. From the women there, Ok no insurance but the bikes are good and cheap.

Perhaps Frank, like so many others before him, has sworn off ThaiVisa and posts on other sites? Perhaps ThaiVisa isn't his target market? ;)

I can recall three bikes you've blown up recently- the VFR400, the Gixxer and the 2-stroke. :whistling:

I didn't blow up the VFR damnit. It never blew up, just came with problems already. And I didn't blow up the 2-stroke it came with 80,000 kms and was improperly serviced. The GSXR, yes I should have checked the oil levels and I could have avoided the break-down, and I learned from that, but I did love it and did NOT consciously neglect it. unsure.gif

Edited by lennya12threh

Frank did do a good job talking to me. The phones didn't work but I talked to him via email and he was quite helpful. But he did mention that I must be the Lenny that was famous from TV. laugh.gif He also made a good point in saying the ZX was restricted and had no insurance, as if to put it down. Maybe it does ave insurance and he just didn't want me to rent that one! If I am on the reckless drivers list I might have to rent an ERn6/f from him under a different alias. Still never tried one, and no I wouldn't abuse it or neglect it. annoyed.gif

Edited by lennya12threh