Being With Someone Underage

LostinBkkagain

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how many japanese are running around with older western men, I never saw any in the time i was there as ther pockets are already well lined.

Japanese for all its achievements is not really a developed country. That could be seen clearly during the tsunami disaster. Their culture is also based on an ancient fedual set of principals much like LOS and there you have it why it becomes like that. Perhaps you should spend more time with the locals than just judge them. That doesn´t mean I concurr with their actions but the background for it can´t be compared even to farang.

Edited by maxme

The PROTECT act in the US applies to sex with persons under 16 years of age if not prostitution, and persons under 18 years of age, if it's prostitution. This law is obscene, its only purpose is to try to establish US jurisdiction over persons' actions overseas. Governments like to grab more power whenever they can. At any rate, it's never been enforced or tested in court for anything other than commercial sex.

Thai age of consent for non-prostitution is 15.

So what's going on appears to be legal on all counts. However, frankly, it's also stupid. She's a prostitute, if she works in a bar, even if her relationship with you doesnt seem to be that way. She's bad news. There are plenty of fish in the sea, find another girl who's older (and who is not a prostitite), and you will be much happier. Give her some money and kick her out of your apartment.

Edited by snorkster

So much for 'The Land of the Free'' Even when they are overseas big Govt is ruling their lives... Wouldn't want to be an American in Amsterdam ...

Not to keep this off-topic, but I believe that under-age sex is one of the few things for which the US government can prosecute an American for things done outside of US jurisdiction. Smoking pot in Amsterdam by an American is not a crime and cannot be prosecuted. (although the military has prosecuted soldiers for "possession" when they came back to Army bases with THC in their system, hence the "possession.")

Actually a bill was recently introduced into congress which would make it a crime to "conspire" within the United States to travel abroad to engage in behavior which would be a violation of the controlled substances act, if the behavior occurred within the US. So making plans in the US with your friends to go smoke pot in Amsterdam would be prosecutable under this act:

http://www.huffingto...s_n_998993.html

The PROTECT act is the first salvo in the US federal government's neverending quest to find more ways to increase its jurisdiction in various areas. They want to get the courts to sign off on a general unrestricted federal US power to govern behavior of US persons around the globe, whether or not the behavior has anything to do with the US, using "pedophiles" as the bogeyman of choice, once the courts sign off on that, the sky's the limit as to what they will try to regulate.

The constitutionality of the PROTECT act has never been tested at the supreme court level. It's been tested at the district court level and upheld there. The authority to prosecute US persons abroad for commercial sex is claimed to be derived from the constitutional authority of the US to govern "commerce with foreign nations". Whether or not the clause regarding non-commercial sex abroad would be upheld in court is unclear.

But anyway basically, as the US government seeks to break new ground in what it can regulate, it's of course going first to target the most evil bogeyman conceivable, the pedophile predator. Once the courts sign off on a general police power of the US federal government overseas based on test cases involving the most evil bogeyman conceivable, they're not going to be bound to just pursuing bogeymen. The right wingers can and WILL have a field day doing things like prohibiting smoking pot overseas. They're already working on it!!!

Edited by snorkster

I've never been in the situation your in but here's my take. I'm in Thailand, live and work here. Not here for the ladies and don't date bar girls (I probably should, I'm sure I'd be having a lot more fun than I am). How my situation relates to yours is that I don't date Thai woman that don't speak passable English. I refuse to spend the next five years not understanding/misunderstanding her. So, after a couple of meetings, dates, whatever, and it's obvious she doesn't speak passable English, I cut it off and move on.

More than once this has hurt both of us and is unfair for both of us because of the chemistry that has developed. But, in the long run, it is a much better thing. I've already been through the scenario of thinking, "we love each other, it will work out..." Ask me about my Chinese ex-wife...boo-hoo.

This is what you need to do...cut it off asap. There are so many available woman who are of legal age. Yes, it will hurt for a while, maybe for a long time. But, you will be happier in the end. Also, I don't know about Thailand, but in the US, there is a 10 year statute of limitations for sex with underage girls which means you could be prosecuted 10 years after the "deed", so you may be on the hook for this for a while, if it's the same in Thailand.

If you are in a relationship based on fear, you are already on a slippery slope. Dont see how some seemingly intelligent foreigners find themselves so victimized in a country like LOS.

Vote with your feet, its always the most effective method. Like a physical wound, it hurts initially to clean it. Once it heals, you dont give it a second thought.

The second best time to plant a tree is now. Posted with Thaivisa App.

Sorry, but not reading 7 pages,

IMO, RUN. Change your address to somewhere she can't find you, as the possibility is always that her mother will front up with the police for a nice little earner. Want to be looking over your shoulder for months?

I've seen plenty that look young and aren't, but I say if they look too young- AVOID. ID cards are useless, as they can borrow a sisters.

Clearly the situation described happens frequently and is not very far fetched to be honest. The US PROTECT act is also very real.

The PROTECT act in the US applies to sex with persons under 16 years of age if not prostitution, and persons under 18 years of age, if it's prostitution. This law is obscene, its only purpose is to try to establish US jurisdiction over persons' actions overseas. Governments like to grab more power whenever they can.

It's peanuts compared to killing people with armed Predator drones in urban areas outside of war zones. They can do that even with their own citizens. The PROTECT act at least includes a legal procedure. If you see those drones over Pattaya it may be time to worry. wink.png

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Clearly the situation described happens frequently and is not very far fetched to be honest. The US PROTECT act is also very real.

The PROTECT act in the US applies to sex with persons under 16 years of age if not prostitution, and persons under 18 years of age, if it's prostitution. This law is obscene, its only purpose is to try to establish US jurisdiction over persons' actions overseas. Governments like to grab more power whenever they can.

It's peanuts compared to killing people with armed Predator drones in urban areas outside of war zones. They can do that even with their own citizens. The PROTECT act at least includes a legal procedure. If you see those drones over Pattaya it may be time to worry. wink.png

I agree with you about drones. However, I'm unclear what the relation between drones and my comments about the PROTECT act are. My comments were related mainly to jurisdiction issues. I don't understand what you are trying to say, basically.

But yes, the drones thing is very bad.

I've never been in the situation your in but here's my take. I'm in Thailand, live and work here. Not here for the ladies and don't date bar girls (I probably should, I'm sure I'd be having a lot more fun than I am). How my situation relates to yours is that I don't date Thai woman that don't speak passable English. I refuse to spend the next five years not understanding/misunderstanding her. So, after a couple of meetings, dates, whatever, and it's obvious she doesn't speak passable English, I cut it off and move on.

More than once this has hurt both of us and is unfair for both of us because of the chemistry that has developed. But, in the long run, it is a much better thing. I've already been through the scenario of thinking, "we love each other, it will work out..." Ask me about my Chinese ex-wife...boo-hoo.

This is what you need to do...cut it off asap. There are so many available woman who are of legal age. Yes, it will hurt for a while, maybe for a long time. But, you will be happier in the end. Also, I don't know about Thailand, but in the US, there is a 10 year statute of limitations for sex with underage girls which means you could be prosecuted 10 years after the "deed", so you may be on the hook for this for a while, if it's the same in Thailand.

Seems like just another method of fending off getting into any sort of relationship.

I mean here your are, a foreigner in a foreign land using your "date's" lack of proficiency in speaking English as an excuse to stop seeing each other? Maybe you need to meet the educated, beautiful, Thai-born, fluent English-speaking love of your life, your potential soul-mate who, after the 5th 'date' drops you because after all these years living and working here, your Thai proficiency is shallower than yourself.

Tell us about your Chinese ex-....

This is what you need to do...cut it off asap. (...)

Wait a minute... Your main reason you suggest to break off with her is because you refuse to learn the local language, even though the chemistry is right?

Gee, I guess there are all kinds of people.

I always find it delightfull that so many TV posters have such high moral standards: wouldn't do that, shouldn't go there...

I myself find it very hard to figure out, how old ANY Thai woman is, bar or not.

Met one who started out 19...ended 17.

Another started 18 (1,5 years ago) , states now to be 23...though her Lao (!!!) passport states she is just 18 now, she still insists on being 23...I have no idea.

Never had anything with either so...I am safe as I can be, but who knows...you usually do not go to a bar when you are 100% sober!

Sh@t may happen

The new (couple of years now) Thai ID card shows the name and date of birth also in English. There is no excuse for not knowing her age, just ask her to show the ID.

If she does use her sister's ID who looks just like her, that another thing. But not even trying to establish her age and then claiming ignorance will not protect you from the full force of the law.

I always find it delightfull that so many TV posters have such high moral standards: wouldn't do that, shouldn't go there...

I myself find it very hard to figure out, how old ANY Thai woman is, bar or not.

Another started 18 (1,5 years ago) , states now to be 23...though her Lao (!!!) passport states she is just 18 now, she still insists on being 23...I have no idea.

Never had anything with either so...I am safe as I can be, but who knows...you usually do not go to a bar when you are 100% sober!

Sh@t may happen

The new (couple of years now) Thai ID card shows the name and date of birth also in English. There is no excuse for not knowing her age, just ask her to show the ID.

If she does use her sister's ID who looks just like her, that another thing. But not even trying to establish her age and then claiming ignorance will not protect you from the full force of the law.

I've never asked for anyone's ID (to the best of my knowledge). I suppose some of us are more trusting than others.

You would have gained more supporters if you told us the ID card showed their original gender,...

SC

• Like 1

Sh@t may happen

I've never asked for anyone's ID (to the best of my knowledge). I suppose some of us are more trusting than others.

You would have gained more supporters if you told us the ID card showed their original gender,...

SC

The new contemporary Thai national IDs do not require such original gender attributes anymore, Cowboy.rolleyes.gifwink.png

Sh@t may happen

SC

The new contemporary Thai national IDs do not require such original gender attributes anymore, Cowboy.rolleyes.gifwink.png

Thank goodness for the avoidance of false confidence....

SC

SC

It does, too... Actually, it is a big issue for TS people. In some western countries, they can legally change their gender, but in Thailand, they cannot.

A visa executive of a European embassy once told me that they explicitly ask their fellow country-men whether they want to invite "Mr. ABC" to their home - which in some cases cancels the visa application. But this is not what this thread is about.

For Thailand it would be good if databases with personal information contain separate fields for 'gender at birth' and 'present gender'. ;) And then allow 5 or 6 values for the latter field. Or maybe a bar to indicate the Kinsey scale. ;)

Anyway I get to see ID cards sometimes just out of curiosity; not specifically about age but also things like home province, full name etc.

A visa executive of a European embassy once told me that they explicitly ask their fellow country-men whether they want to invite "Mr. ABC" to their home - which in some cases cancels the visa application. But this is not what this thread is about.

Which seems incredibly rude and sexist to me, especially for countries that you'd think would be more politically correct about gender identification issues.

SC

SC

What? Please post a sample of an ID card that doesn't show the gender... You can black out the name, but please don't black out the "Mr." in front of it.

SC

What? Please post a sample of an ID card that doesn't show the gender... You can black out the name, but please don't black out the "Mr." in front of it.

Sorry - I was suffering from the excitement of the Heineken Cup and the Tiger Bottle and the Carlsberg Can. To be honest, I have generally relied on my own confidence, and ignored my own doubts because "we can't go on together, with suspicious minds" (sung)

SC

Seems like just another method of fending off getting into any sort of relationship.

I mean here your are, a foreigner in a foreign land using your "date's" lack of proficiency in speaking English as an excuse to stop seeing each other? Maybe you need to meet the educated, beautiful, Thai-born, fluent English-speaking love of your life, your potential soul-mate who, after the 5th 'date' drops you because after all these years living and working here, your Thai proficiency is shallower than yourself.

Tell us about your Chinese ex-....

"Dialogue reveals character." If you can't have a dialogue, you don't know about their character.

I've only been here a year so don't judge me so harshly. This is just my approach and, as I said, I'm not willing to spend a lot of time just getting past the language issue. She doesn't need to be that beautiful or educated; well, I take that back about the education. More than high school. The Chinese ex was both of those: 9th grade rural education with no English. It fell to pieces the instant she set foot on US soil. Not going through that again.

I didn't come here for the women and haven't 'flipped' since I got here, ie., into serial sex/relationships with young, non-English speaking Thai girls. Decent looking with passable English as a starting point.

For Thailand it would be good if databases with personal information contain separate fields for 'gender at birth' and 'present gender'. wink.png And then allow 5 or 6 values for the latter field. Or maybe a bar to indicate the Kinsey scale. wink.png

Anyway I get to see ID cards sometimes just out of curiosity; not specifically about age but also things like home province, full name etc.

Which seems incredibly rude and sexist to me, especially for countries that you'd think would be more politically correct about gender identification issues.

It's not politically incorrect by the embassy, as it was the supporter, not the embassy, that retracted his support.

Well yes, rude to the katoey who he thought was a female and who he would now not support for the visa. But then, tough luck for the katoey, honesty is always better.

Sorry - I was suffering from the excitement of the Heineken Cup and the Tiger Bottle and the Carlsberg Can. To be honest, I have generally relied on my own confidence, and ignored my own doubts because "we can't go on together, with suspicious minds" (sung)

SC

Your problem is the mix. Stay with one brand, and you'll feel better. :)

SC

Your problem is the mix. Stay with one brand, and you'll feel better. smile.png

I never knew there were two brands... why would one ask questions?

SC

Your problem is the mix. Stay with one brand, and you'll feel better. smile.png

I never knew there were two brands... why would one ask questions?

Sometimes, least said, soonest mended...