Pissup in Chiangmai Again?

Jockstar

Ok firstly this isnt 100% definate YEt! But since i gotta go to CM around the Queens birthday. Maybe! Seems a good reason to have pissup(read pub crawl) I gotta find a band for my wedding so seems a good enough reason for a pub crawl/pissup, Anyone keen? I know chuchok and Jackr will be up for it. Anyone else? Thaipauly if you are up for it and feeling better then why not since you missed the last one? So anyone else?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry mate... can't make it... in the UK..  :D

To tell the truth I've never been to CM... should make the effort really..  :D

totster  :D

No worries mate. Look like a few members gotta ask their other halves before committing. :o

No need to tell you that I'll be there, Jock:P Not sure if the bars open or not on the Queen's birthday (August 12th) so may have to make it Saturday. Whatever, any day's easy for me, just give us a shout. :D Lot of armchair piss artists in CM it has to be said :o

I'll be in Changers for most of August and am always available for a few drinkies. Which watering hole are you planning to start in?

Dont know yet. Just seeing whos up for it. Probably the Saturday around the queens birthday. Whatever date that is.

I'll be in Changers for most of August and am always available for a few drinkies. Which watering hole are you planning to start in?

Dont know yet. Just seeing whos up for it. Probably the Saturday around the queens birthday. Whatever date that is.

Queen's birthday is on Friday the 12th, so that'll make Saturday the...um...

When are you clowns going to have a sober-up? So many pissups -- hardly original! :D:D

Invite some Thai fellas too -- it doesn't look good that soooo many Brits fly all the way to a foreign country just to meet other Brits. :D

Mr. Choo Choo, what do you say?

:o:D

When are you clowns going to have a sober-up?  So many pissups -- hardly original!  :D  :D 

Invite some Thai fellas too -- it doesn't look good that soooo  many Brits fly all the way to a foreign country just to meet other Brits.    :D

:o  :D

:D

What a weirdo

Not all Brits. Why don't you come along so we can all have a laugh.

:D:D

When are you clowns going to have a sober-up?  So many pissups -- hardly original!  :D  :D 

Invite some Thai fellas too -- it doesn't look good that soooo  many Brits fly all the way to a foreign country just to meet other Brits.    :D

What a weirdo

Ye why not come? This is open to everyone. Ye! Come then we can have a laugh.

When are you clowns going to have a sober-up?  So many pissups -- hardly original!   :D  :D  

What a weirdo

Bruce, can you make a video of the pissup? ... especially paying attention to the sound ... what you fellas talk about could be highly educational. :D

When are you clowns going to have a sober-up?  So many pissups -- hardly original!   :D  :D  

What a weirdo

Bruce, can you make a video of the pissup? ... especially paying attention to the sound ... what you fellas talk about could be highly educational. :D

Ok Billy-no-mates, but I'll have to get GW to do it (Bruce was out weeks ago), and I'll get him to let you know how it went although it could be a case of pork educating pork eh mouthorgan.

When are you clowns going to have a sober-up?  So many pissups -- hardly original!   :D   

:o 

What a weirdo

Ok Billy-no-mates, but I'll have to get GW to do it (Bruce was out weeks ago), and I'll get him to let you know how it went although it could be a case of pork educating pork eh mouthorgan.

"Billy no-mates..mouth organ" ..self confessed player of the organ maybe? :D

When are you clowns going to have a sober-up?  So many pissups -- hardly original!   :D  

:o 

What a weirdo

OK GW! ..... but as an aside w.r.t your avatar, do you have to be so disrespectful of Tony Blair? Seems to me GW just got serviced, hence that determined look on his face. Same look prior to Iraq. Yeah, some other country is going to get taken out!

As long as you're insulting Tony its OK, but don't mess with George or he'll send Microsoft Corp. to take out the entire Footsy (FTSE)! :D

Regards to you, Jack! :D

It looks like the only way I'm going to understand this thread is to turn up for the p-up!

I'm in Chiang Mai - no plans to leave town for a while so I'll just watch for a decision on the date and start venue and see you there.

JxP  :D

Will be good to see you JxP. The more the merrier. :o

It looks like the only way I'm going to understand this thread is to turn up for the p-up!

I'm in Chiang Mai - no plans to leave town for a while so I'll just watch for a decision on the date and start venue and see you there.

Will be good to see you JxP. The more the merrier. :D

Thanks for making a newbie/lurker feel welcome. Where do you think the likely targets are for this pub crawl?

JxP

Are there any initiation rites that I should be aware of?! :o

Will be good to see you JxP. The more the merrier. :D

Thanks for making a newbie/lurker feel welcome. Where do you think the likely targets are for this pub crawl?

JxP

Are there any initiation rites that I should be aware of?! :o

Not entirely sure mate. The locals will decide. Though it MUSt involve seeing a few bands(see my other thread) and copious amounts of booze! Chuchuk , Jackr its over to you! 13th is the go. I'l be in CM from the 11th till the 14th. And juniorexpat. Will be coolto share a beer with ya.

No idea yet mate. JS will probably pick a venue closer to the time, or we could meet  the Saloon like last time?  :D

Chiang Mai Saloon would be a good place to start the beer flowing and get the old stomach lined but not really walkable to live music places . . . does Foxy Lady have live music? :o

As far as bands are concerned . . . I guess that means places like Brasserie, Good View etc will be on the tour - I've heard that the food at The Bear's Den is back up to scratch, they have live music (every night I believe but don't hold me to it) and . . . and . . . . and . . . . they have Old Speckled Hen on draft since last weekend :D

Off to check out your other thread . . . . . my brother in law plays in a popular (for popular read - does lots of weddings, funerals and other temple related events!) 'Lanna band' - might be too traditional for your needs . . .

JxP

Hi Guys,

sorry not to have responded sooner but I had to be re-admitted to hospital again last Thursday as the first operation I had did not go well, so I have just had another which was not much fun as you can imagine, got home a few hours ago

Bedrest again (99% of thetime the other 1% on TV,and NO ALCOHOL :o as it interferes with my medication.

HOWEVER, that does not preclude me from coming, but obviously means I cant guarantee how I will be by then but I will do my damnest to be there. I'm more than happy to go to the Saloon as I can pre-book tables so I know I will be able to sit down, Ron's a great guy, even came in to see me three times while I was in there and his bar staff came in one day too, they are such nice folks.

So I am 90% in lads and will really look forward to meeting you. (At last)

BTW you know that HM Queens actual Birthday is an "alcohol free" day, no I dont mean FREEE ALCOHOL- just NO ALCOHOL, if my fading numbed up morphinised memory serves me correctly.

Cheers

TP