Makro- Chiang Rai

kandahar

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I swear man ! I'll never ever going to get drunk with Leo Beer jubby...It has been tested over and over, i chased down 2 cartons of Leo and all i do is pissing it off. :D

Chang, 2 cartons, i'll be tipsy...maybe it's those years of training, mixing all sort of drinks every night.:huh:

That'll be Leo with lots of Ice for me. followed by a couple of gallons of Water before I can drive home.

I know people who say Chang makes them shed Skin, Its almost as bad as Coke :)

Ice with beer, jubby, that's just sacrilege.

And don'e even get me started with Leo :-)

Regards

Will

Edited by Will27

Pizza is nice but on a warm eve there is nothing better than cold ice cream! Macro supplies Nestle ice cream in 3kg boxes that is of the best quality. I do no like ice milk but do enjoy a good scoop or 3 of quality ice cream.

Yes a good sized freezer is necessary for this size, that said it is less than half the price of the ice milk crap they pawn off on the unseasoned pallet's of the masses here. No beer is necessary but a good sugar rush is in store for anyone that knows the score of the ice cream at the Macro store!

man, thats Sh!ts bad for you.

My Kids wont drink it. Or not as much as they used to.

I've got them on small beer now, It'll put hairs on their Chests.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Small_beer

I'll get my son to drink half a glass of Chang whenever me and the wife need to do over time :lol:

That'll do it RBH. I dont touch the stuff myself . Leo or Beer lao if I can get it. :)

What NO Tiger ?:annoyed:

Pizza is nice but on a warm eve there is nothing better than cold ice cream! Macro supplies Nestle ice cream in 3kg boxes that is of the best quality. I do no like ice milk but do enjoy a good scoop or 3 of quality ice cream.

Yes a good sized freezer is necessary for this size, that said it is less than half the price of the ice milk crap they pawn off on the unseasoned pallet's of the masses here. No beer is necessary but a good sugar rush is in store for anyone that knows the score of the ice cream at the Macro store!

We will give it a try next time. Thanks for the tip.

Kandahar

We picked up a box of the pizza's you started this thread about. They are very good for both what you get ,taste plus quality at a good price. We have a conventional oven and 17 min at 220c is perfect.

I do have one complaint though....They are gone in just 2 days and I am now clearing space in the freezer so there goes my salad and veggie summer! ~ The pool is getting colder and the pizza will be so much warmer so here I have a dilemma...more exercise or less beer....Hmmm Thanks for the tip, by the way the pizza is right next to the 3kg Nestle's ice cream....I detect a pattern here :rolleyes:

I swear man ! I'll never ever going to get drunk with Leo Beer jubby...It has been tested over and over, i chased down 2 cartons of Leo and all i do is pissing it off. :D

Chang, 2 cartons, i'll be tipsy...maybe it's those years of training, mixing all sort of drinks every night.:huh:

That'll be Leo with lots of Ice for me. followed by a couple of gallons of Water before I can drive home.

I know people who say Chang makes them shed Skin, Its almost as bad as Coke :)

Ice with beer, jubby, that's just sacrilege.

And don'e even get me started with Leo :-)

Regards

Will

Its more Ice than beer these days. I know its sacrilege, but its only Leo. No, no Tiger either. I had one bottle of Singha two days ago and didnt enjoy it. I used to. something serious has happened to my taste buds. At this rate I could be tee-total in a couple of weeks

MF, I'm glad you found a pizza that you like. Now, it sounds as if you need to buy a new freezer because yours is leaking the pizzas out too quickly.

I still have one of the first three pizzas that I bought. I ration them here at my house because I don't go to Makro often. We go maybe every four to six weeks.

Here's a tip for saving a little money, especially if you have a larger family living there with you. Toilet paper. Go to Home-Mart or one of the other large home stores and buy the hotel/restaurant type bathroom tissue dispensers. Then buy the package of four huge rolls of tissue at Makro and use that instead of the little rolls that come in the 24 packs or whatever it is that you buy. HUGE savings over the course of the year. I buy a new four pack about every six weeks or two months and I have two dispensers here.

I'll keep an eye out for a new freezer that does not leak pizzas and I'll let you know if I see one. Until then, you can store your pizzas in my freezer if you want to.

MF, I'm glad you found a pizza that you like. Now, it sounds as if you need to buy a new freezer because yours is leaking the pizzas out too quickly.

I still have one of the first three pizzas that I bought. I ration them here at my house because I don't go to Makro often. We go maybe every four to six weeks.

Here's a tip for saving a little money, especially if you have a larger family living there with you. Toilet paper. Go to Home-Mart or one of the other large home stores and buy the hotel/restaurant type bathroom tissue dispensers. Then buy the package of four huge rolls of tissue at Makro and use that instead of the little rolls that come in the 24 packs or whatever it is that you buy. HUGE savings over the course of the year. I buy a new four pack about every six weeks or two months and I have two dispensers here.

I'll keep an eye out for a new freezer that does not leak pizzas and I'll let you know if I see one. Until then, you can store your pizzas in my freezer if you want to.

Kandahar - You were right I looked at the freezer to locate the leak you spoke of after seeing a puddle near the door. The freezer looked fine then after looking closely at the puddle I saw the leak clearly...even is the murky water there I was staring back ...just a bit bigger that I see myself in my mind,(denile)

Huge toilet paper dispenser huh...does it come in a dining table model? :redcard2:

Trust me. The dispenser will pay for itself quickly and your trips to the market to keep buying the packs of small rolls will not be missed by you. And yes, it would be pretty easy to make or modify one for the dining room table. I actually use the second one at my house in my work-shop, near my coffee area and not for what it was intended for.

Glad you found that pizza leak.

The makro pizzas taste surprisingly good when cooked in the 999 broilers they had on offer recently (as do the frozen baguettes and pretty much everything else I have put in there for 5 to 10 mins and let it cook).

A couple of things I found at Makro in Cha am .. haven't seen them in Korat or KK.

Found near the plastic bags of tomato sauce and ketchup .. pasta sauce and pizza sauce. The latter has a pleasant bite to it. Both were very good value compared to the canned sauces.

Dark chocolate at about Bt 160 - 200/kg, depending if bits or a big block.

Kandahar

We picked up a box of the pizza's you started this thread about. They are very good for both what you get ,taste plus quality at a good price. We have a conventional oven and 17 min at 220c is perfect.

I do have one complaint though....They are gone in just 2 days and I am now clearing space in the freezer so there goes my salad and veggie summer! ~ The pool is getting colder and the pizza will be so much warmer so here I have a dilemma...more exercise or less beer....Hmmm Thanks for the tip, by the way the pizza is right next to the 3kg Nestle's ice cream....I detect a pattern here :rolleyes:

Where did you buy that oven? is the thermostat trustable?

Went to Makro yesterday. I wanted to buy the real mushrooms (buttons) good meat (found a beautiful piece of good aged t-bone) some other stuff and a box of Sant Miguel.

4:20 was my turn on the cash register and they refused to sell me the beer altough a Thai man who was in front of me was allowed to.

I told them all or nothing because the Thai man was able to buy it. Nothing!

Who invented this stupid rule? I mean... if I go to buy 1 bottle I say, ok. But I buy a box.... NO if I buy 2 boxes it is ok. Give me the name of ONE Thai who, after 1 hour of working, goes to Makro to buy a box of beer so he/she wants to get drunk?

I went to my wholesale shop on the way home.. I an buy there everything (No Sant Miguel :crying: ).

Can somebody explain me?

Kandahar

Where did you buy that oven? is the thermostat trustable?

Kandahar-Samsung Model C139STF is a Microwave Oven that converts easily to a conventional oven.

I can not say enough good things about this oven as it not only does regular things that both oven and micro do but it has grill and convection modes as well.

The 4 pieces that need to be changed to use the oven and or microwave are easily interchangeable in 10 seconds.

Yes the thermostat works wonderfully from 100c to 240c at 20c increments.

Very nice stainless steel housing and the implements are also of top quality.

It has :

Digital display with clock

Standing time setting button

Auto defrost

Junior/snack mode

Auto reset feature mode

Auto cook feature mode

Preheat selection mode

Stop/cancel button

Language mode selection (yes Thai and English)

Full 47 page instruction book in both English and Thai.

All modes are easily done with one nob that is backlit by led

Dimensions: 56cm wide - 32cm high - 46cm deep (Large enough for a 10kg bird)

We purchased it 3 years ago at Siam TV in CM for 10,000 tb and it has never given us any trouble just keeps on cooking.

If you would like to look at it here are a few pictures.

if you would like top come by the next time in town for a closer look PM me and I can send you directions to our home.

Kandahar-Samsung Model C139STF is a Microwave Oven that converts easily to a conventional oven.

I can not say enough good things about this oven as it not only does regular things that both oven and micro do but it has grill and convection modes as well.

The 4 pieces that need to be changed to use the oven and or microwave are easily interchangeable in 10 seconds.

It has :

Auto defrost

Junior/snack mode

Auto reset feature mode

Auto cook feature mode

Preheat selection mode

Stop/cancel button

We purchased it 3 years ago at Siam TV in CM for 10,000 tb and it has never given us any trouble just keeps on cooking.

if you would like top come by the next time in town for a closer look PM me and I can send you directions to our home

post-109847-062183200 1283076886_thumb.j

post-109847-079207500 1283076894_thumb.j

post-109847-084380400 1283076903_thumb.j

post-109847-084498000 1283076909_thumb.j

It has :

Auto defrost

Junior/snack mode

Auto reset feature mode

Auto cook feature mode

Preheat selection mode

Stop/cancel button

if you would like top come by the next time in town for a closer look PM me and I can send you directions to our home

Sorry about the double posts gentlemen ...I have tried UNSUCCESSFULLY to delete one.:unsure: Next time I will not be so hasty !

It has :

Auto defrost

Junior/snack mode

Auto reset feature mode

Auto cook feature mode

Preheat selection mode

Stop/cancel button

Sorry about the double posts gentlemen ...I have tried UNSUCCESSFULLY to delete one.:unsure: Next time I will not be so hasty !

Just for that you will have to tell us when you next have a large roast cooking so we can all come.

Wow.....you guys up in CR must lead exciting lives when you dedicate a 4 page topic about the new makro!!!

I don't know if it has been mentioned, but down here in CM [the big city with 2 makros] they have had minced salmon in the freezer section, where the frozen fish is natuarally. Great value @ 49thb/K and i've used it in caseroles, fish cakes, lasagna and other recipes. Great, mild tasting and easy to work with.....@ 49thb/kilo, it's cheaper than canned cat food.

Wow.....you guys up in CR must lead exciting lives when you dedicate a 4 page topic about the new makro!!!

I don't know if it has been mentioned, but down here in CM [the big city with 2 makros] they have had minced salmon in the freezer section, where the frozen fish is natuarally. Great value @ 49thb/K and i've used it in caseroles, fish cakes, lasagna and other recipes. Great, mild tasting and easy to work with.....@ 49thb/kilo, it's cheaper than canned cat food.

We live exciting enough lives that we haven't resorted to critiquing the CM forum. Yet.

But you're welcome to join in. No chicken threads here yet but we're full of surprises. You never know.

Truly, the thread isn't about the "New Makro". It is more about keeping each other updated on what is new in the old Makro, as things change there quite a bit. But please keep us posted on your finds in the CM Makro's. I suspect as they get new things there, it will be mirrored in the selection we get here and we'll know to be on the lookout for some of those "hard to find" or "never have been found here before" items.

Edit:

P.S. Any of you CR guys up for a friendly raid on the CM forum?

Edited by kandahar

mellofello, thanks for the oven info. Sounds like a good one to have.

Still working on the new kitchen and will hold off on the oven for a bit.

I suspect your post has interested several others in addition to myself.

It has :

Auto defrost

Junior/snack mode

Auto reset feature mode

Auto cook feature mode

Preheat selection mode

Stop/cancel button

Sounds great for me! At the same Siam I bought a 4 in 1 for 16.000... they were never able to fix the thermostat problem. I need a trustable one for baking my buns, cakes and cookies and various meals...

It has :

Auto defrost

Junior/snack mode

Auto reset feature mode

Auto cook feature mode

Preheat selection mode

Stop/cancel button

Sounds great for me! At the same Siam I bought a 4 in 1 for 16.000... they were never able to fix the thermostat problem. I need a trustable one for baking my buns, cakes and cookies and various meals...

Baking is definitely high on our list here also so a thermostat out of whack sounds rough. I saw a good oven - grill thermometer in the baking store on Sven's map referred to me by VF. It stared at 100c and went up to very high heat possibly that can help you make sense of your out of whack thermometer. Good luck in your search for a fix.

Not the correct topic, I know, but as good as any and better than starting a new one:

It seems to me AND my wife that the quality of Pepsi and Coke has fallen dramatically. Bad tastes in both, something missing. I have always thought Thai Coke sucks anyway but it seems a lot worse now.

Concerning the 1.25 liter bottles of both Coke and Pepsi, we keep getting bottles that don't seal well and go flat so quick. Didn't used to be that way.

And while it sounds like the same issue, it isn't- About a month ago, Pepsi finally got rid of a run of bottles (1.25 liter?) that had deformed tops where the cap/lid couldn't possibly seal. They got past that but it took weeks for them to sell all of that crap. Of course, it should have never hit the market. The top ring of the bottle where the cap/lid actually seals it looked like it had been melted and was uneven. But even with the top of the bottle corrected now, both Pepsi and Coke lost the carbonation a lot quicker than is normal. I think they switched to crappy caps/lids, maybe.

But the big complaint here is, neither taste good at all right now. Anyone else noticing this?

Not the correct topic, I know, but as good as any and better than starting a new one:

It seems to me AND my wife that the quality of Pepsi and Coke has fallen dramatically. Bad tastes in both, something missing. I have always thought Thai Coke sucks anyway but it seems a lot worse now.

Concerning the 1.25 liter bottles of both Coke and Pepsi, we keep getting bottles that don't seal well and go flat so quick. Didn't used to be that way.

And while it sounds like the same issue, it isn't- About a month ago, Pepsi finally got rid of a run of bottles (1.25 liter?) that had deformed tops where the cap/lid couldn't possibly seal. They got past that but it took weeks for them to sell all of that crap. Of course, it should have never hit the market. The top ring of the bottle where the cap/lid actually seals it looked like it had been melted and was uneven. But even with the top of the bottle corrected now, both Pepsi and Coke lost the carbonation a lot quicker than is normal. I think they switched to crappy caps/lids, maybe.

But the big complaint here is, neither taste good at all right now. Anyone else noticing this?

All the Coke and Pepsi trucks that deliver to the stores are uncovered thus all the drinks are in the sun. This will make the drinks taste horrible or be flat and bottles out of shape.