Makro- Chiang Rai

kandahar

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a can man.

I find the canned Coke here to be undrinkable. I don't know what it is, but it isn't the "Coke" recipe. Pepsi is just barely better, although we had a nice one yesterday. Cans in other countries are fine.

If you really want to get swindled, try the little bottles they sell in the shops at Mae Sai. Don't know what it is but it isn't Coke or Pepsi, regardless of what the logos say it is.

Edited by kandahar

I think it's more of a comfort think since I gave up alcohol, sitting around with a can or bottle in my hand at 4pm is a habit that's hard to break after more than 40 years.

I'll agree the recipes a bit different from elsewhere but I'm down to two cans a day now.

I found Bickford's Lime Juice Cordial at Top, the Airport Plaza Chiang Mai last week. This is an Australian product that's world class as a refreshing drink with water or soda water.

Well worth the 150B, it's not a lot cheaper in Oz.

bickfords-cordial.jpg

I think it's more of a comfort think since I gave up alcohol, sitting around with a can or bottle in my hand at 4pm is a habit that's hard to break after more than 40 years.

I'll agree the recipes a bit different from elsewhere but I'm down to two cans a day now.

I found Bickford's Lime Juice Cordial at Top, the Airport Plaza Chiang Mai last week. This is an Australian product that's world class as a refreshing drink with water or soda water.

Well worth the 150B, it's not a lot cheaper in Oz.

bickfords-cordial.jpg

Nice find mate; next time I'm in Chiang Mai I'll drop in and grab some bottles. I have to admit that I rarely drink these days. I think my last beer was about a mopnth ago and that was two glasses of beer at home with ice in it. B)

• 3 weeks later...

Nice single ribeye steaks in Tops (one near the bridge, not t'other in town).

Liked the one I got so I'm going back for more tomorrow.

Hi Scea

For us out of towners could you explain what bridge and where,iv'e never heard of it and i would like to check it out the next time im doing a shopping trip :rolleyes: .

Cheers

Wora.

There's two Tops supermarkets, a small one near the Wang Come Hotel, and a larger one marked as "Tops Bigger" on the interactive map.

Turn left travelling north on the Super Highway at the King Mengrai statue.

It can be a bit of a surprise package, they carry a few farang products there.

There's two Tops supermarkets, a small one near the Wang Come Hotel, and a larger one marked as "Tops Bigger" on the interactive map.

Turn left travelling north on the Super Highway at the King Mengrai statue.

It can be a bit of a surprise package, they carry a few farang products there.

Cheers Scea.

You need to go on the waiting list, I've got 3 guests next month.

Went out to Don's and got half a dozen of his excellent hamburgers and a packet of sausages as well.

Could be a big weekend next weekend as well, I'm meeting them in Udon Thani and we're crossing to Vientiane same day, hopefully in time to find a bar to watch the replay of today's tied/drawn Australian Rules grand final.

You need to go on the waiting list, I've got 3 guests next month.

Went out to Don's and got half a dozen of his excellent hamburgers and a packet of sausages as well.

Could be a big weekend next weekend as well, I'm meeting them in Udon Thani and we're crossing to Vientiane same day, hopefully in time to find a bar to watch the replay of today's tied/drawn Australian Rules grand final.

You certainly get around Scea.

put me down for the month after ;)

Maybe i'm hard to please or maybe my idea of good is totally different from a lot of other people,i'm refering to the Pizza's from Makro,i'm sorry guys but i dont rate them,so my question IS,does anyone know where i can buy Pizza bases so i can do my own toppings,or is there anyone out there that knows who could make the dough,then i could divide the dough up into the size i required and put them into the freezer until i felt the urge.

Rgds

Wora :rolleyes:

Edited by woralak

Maybe i'm hard to please or maybe my idea of good is totally different from a lot of other people,i'm refering to the Pizza's from Makro,i'm sorry guys but i dont rate them,so my question IS,does anyone know where i can buy Pizza bases so i can do my own toppings,or is there anyone out there that knows who could make the dough,then i could divide the dough up into the size i required and put them into the freezer until i felt the urge.

Rgds

Slightly off topic - and it maybe should be in the Food forum but ----If you can make the toppings, you're more than able to make the bases! Easy- peasy. I have basic recipes for thin, pan, calzone, deep-pan, wholemeal pizza doughs which I make occassionally - hence my size! They all use easy -blend yeast and flour(s) which you can get in the majority of supermarkets/ baking good shops in Chiang Rai. If you want the recipes, let me know.

Rgds

Slightly off topic - and it maybe should be in the Food forum but ----If you can make the toppings, you're more than able to make the bases! Easy- peasy. I have basic recipes for thin, pan, calzone, deep-pan, wholemeal pizza doughs which I make occassionally - hence my size! They all use easy -blend yeast and flour(s) which you can get in the majority of supermarkets/ baking good shops in Chiang Rai. If you want the recipes, let me know.

Just following a suit,this thread was started by Kandahar ref the pizzas in Makro,anyway enough already,the recipies would be much appreciated thanks.

Rgds

Just following a suit,this thread was started by Kandahar ref the pizzas in Makro,anyway enough already,the recipies would be much appreciated thanks.

And even better would be a home visit to teach my wife and me first hand, hows about it harsu?

ps...I'll put a muzzle on the killer Rottie and lock her in a cage if that worries you ;)

Rgds

And even better would be a home visit to teach my wife and me first hand, hows about it harsu?

ps...I'll put a muzzle on the killer Rottie and lock her in a cage if that worries you ;)

I've met your dog and a bigger softie would be hard to find, so no need to worry on that account. I would be happy to come over and show you both how to make the dough. You suggest a suitable time, date as I have more flexibilty (free time!).

Rgds

Sorry, missed your post when I looked earlier. Didn't mean to sound officious, just new to using a forum, and didn't know how far it was permissible to stretch a post about Makro to all the way into home baking country, so I thought I'd acknowledge that i thought i might be 'straying' before someone else did.. Will attach the recipes tomorrow when I have a bit more time. Hope you enjoy using them.

I've met your dog and a bigger softie would be hard to find, so no need to worry on that account. I would be happy to come over and show you both how to make the dough. You suggest a suitable time, date as I have more flexibilty (free time!).

Sssshhhhhh, the anti-rottweiler-nazis won't be pleased about that comment, you wouldn't want to give them reason to doubt their irrational fear now would you!

Thank you kindly, I'm free for the next 3 weeks, I'll PM you to arrange a time/date etc.

Rgds

Sorry, missed your post when I looked earlier. Didn't mean to sound officious, just new to using a forum, and didn't know how far it was permissible to stretch a post about Makro to all the way into home baking country, so I thought I'd acknowledge that i thought i might be 'straying' before someone else did.. Will attach the recipes tomorrow when I have a bit more time. Hope you enjoy using them.

It's all good harsu,CR forum is quite flexible,im sure all the other members will agree we dont entirely go by the book so your comment on (off topic) wasn't taken to heart (by me anyway):rolleyes: ,if you would rather send me your recipies by PM or if you want to share them with the other members both ways work.

Rgds

Wora.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Trend Setters

Paid a visit to Makro yesterday and was surprised and

delighted to see boxes of Greenshell Mussels which are

imported from NZ.

They're delightful. I used to get them from Rim Ping

in Chiang Mai for 300 Baht per box. So at 179 Baht

they're a bargain.

Anyway, if you like chilli mussels, do yourselves a favour.

Regards

Will

• 4 weeks later...