Australian Visitors Visa

Hi,

Has anyone on here had any experience with applying for a visitors visa for Australia (for a Thai girl) ??

I am British and heading there just for a month holiday, got my visa processed in less than 2 hrs online but Thais can't do that.

My fiance has a good travel history, having studied and worked abroad on several occasions.

What is the best route to take and how long is the processing time ???? Is there a consulate hidden away in Phuket somewhere, like the German and Irish ones !!!

Any info would be helpful..

Thanks

You can apply through the Oz consulate in Phuket. The forms are available there (for a fee) and it can be lodged with them (along with the bank draft or cheque for the application fee). They forward it to Bangkok for processing and will advise you by phone when it comes back (about a week).

My lady has obtained a couple of visas this way.

Providing she has no adverse history there should be few problems getting a visa for her. Although you may need to prove your relationship is genuine.

If you are supporting her you may need to show evidence of funds, also a copy of your visa and return ticket will help.

There is no need to prove a relationship for a visitors visa....it will be necessary to show that you have known her something like about 4-6 months.