Nitrogen Gas In Your Tyres

Kwasaki

I posted this because looking back I have not seen any comments on it. If it has been posted before sorry to drag it back up but I do not know anyone else or seen many people using gas in their tyres.

I bought new tyres and they put gas in them and I find there is no loss from check to check.

You don't need to buy new tyres to make the change; your present tyres will do just fine.

If you use nitrogen in your tyres you can improve your vehicle's fuel efficiency and save a lot of money over time, that's what said but I would not think that much but I am very cynical the fact they stay at constant pressure is good enough for me

Nitrogen gas in your tyres also improves your vehicle's handling and extends the life of your tyres so you will have to replace them less often.

I thought the handling had improved anyway because I had upgraded suspension fitted at the same time. " I'll wait and see for the latter ".

This is not new technology as it has been used for a number of years by commercial airlines as well as in NASCAR cars.

The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) mandates that nitrogen be used in all commercial aircraft tyres to eliminate the possibility of water vapor freezing at high altitudes which happens with air filled tyres, handy I suppose if you drive in Siberia.

NASCAR teams use nitrogen gas in the tyres of their racing cars because the tyre pressure varies less than it does with air.

Edited by Kwasaki
  • Like 1

Try searching under...Nitrogen Gas in Tyres ...on this forum. I think that it has been done to death at other times as well. But I don't suppose one more time will matter.

ps..I have N2 in my tyres. As an item of amusement, we used to 'preserve' our boilers with nitrogen. It used to take 3hours or so to get the purity up to 98%. At the end of my shift, we had been filling for about 10minutes...I logged, Unit 2 Nitrogen purity now 80%...my boss said....thats good...that was quick....don't know if he ever twigged!

Try searching under...Nitrogen Gas in Tyres ...on this forum. I think that it has been done to death at other times as well. But I don't suppose one more time will matter.

ps..I have N2 in my tyres. As an item of amusement, we used to 'preserve' our boilers with nitrogen. It used to take 3hours or so to get the purity up to 98%. At the end of my shift, we had been filling for about 10minutes...I logged, Unit 2 Nitrogen purity now 80%...my boss said....thats good...that was quick....don't know if he ever twigged!

Thanks I did say sorry I'll have a better look. Thanks again.

Ohhh noes not again.

JesusFacePalm.jpg

Sorry pal, I went back and found it under " Tyres Pressures " you and warpspeed had good old verbal battle and a lot infomation came out of it.

It was a good read, lets hope it is put to rest now and let people make the choice.

Why pay a lot of baht to have Nitrogen pumped in. When you are at the tyre shop have a spray can of WD40 on hand. After the tyre is fitted to the rim give a good squirt of WD40 into the "Schraider" valve stem before the "Schraider" valve core is inserted. The WD40 will absorb the moisture in the inflation air. And no rust!