Microsoft’S Internet Explorer Turns 15 Today!

george

Happy birthday IE!

This site has some good screenshots of older versions of IE:

Microsoft’s Internet Explorer Turns 15 Today!

http://tech18.com/microsofts-internet-explorer-turns-15-today.html

Windows Internet Explorer (formerly Microsoft Internet Explorer; abbreviated to MSIE or more commonly, IE),

is a series of graphical web browsers developed by Microsoft and included as part of the Microsoft Windows line of

operating systems starting in 1995.

Actually IE was a good step up on the browsers that were available 15 years ago and I was among the first 200 using it and got the t-shirt (yes, Microsoft actually gave something away). But others advanced after that time while IE was too busy trying to patch the holes that everyone was looking for that they fell behind; so have not used it in years except for special applications when a site will not work in any other browser. I don't see anything wrong with IE but prefer others for speed.

^ You seriously say Spyglass Mosaic was better than Netscape? Microsoft bought MSIE from Spyglass, that was MSIE version 1, bit biggest piece of $#|7 to ever run on a PC. Thank God for Firefox and Chrome these days (and Dolphin on Android).

Yes it was better than netscrape. Probably because it was used on a Windows operating system.

Well that's your opinion. I still think it was a piece of $#|7 and that Netscape was way better. Besides you could run Netscape on Linux as well. Freedom to choose.

Actually IE was a good step up on the browsers that were available 15 years ago and I was among the first 200 using it and got the t-shirt (yes, Microsoft actually gave something away). But others advanced after that time while IE was too busy trying to patch the holes that everyone was looking for that they fell behind; so have not used it in years except for special applications when a site will not work in any other browser. I don't see anything wrong with IE but prefer others for speed.

I remember when Microsoft officially announce it at the WWW3 (World-Wide Web Conference 3) in Dortmund, Germany. I was there at the conference and we all had a good laugh at the multiple blue screens during the presentation. At the same conference Sun announced their Java as the solution to every security issue.

Now after saying this, I feel old.

- Martin