Cheap, Clean Hotel In Pattaya?

Crushdepth

Can anyone recommend a cheap (<1,000 baht) and most importantly CLEAN hotel on Beach Road?

I am overnighting fairly regularly now for diving trips. I was reasonably satisfied with a small hotel near the dive shop until I found an adult BEDBUG on the floor during my last stay. I don't *think* I was bitten, but I'm just too grossed out to ever go back because I presume they have more. Wrote to the management, they didn't reply.

Recommendations appreciated.

You found one "bed bug" ? In Thailand ? A Tropical haven for all manner of insects. You were grossed out.

Are you female of a sqeemish and nervous disposition ? I might understand to a small degree if you are.

True bed bugs are rife around the entire planet. I was baddly bitten in the centre of Amsterdam in the winter time.

The internet is a great thing - try typing the word "Google" first then "Entymology of South East Asia - Pictures" and then "Cheap hotels Pattaya".

All your worries will float off like a deep sea sponge.......:jap:

Along every Thanon and Soi in Pattaya and Jomtien "good hotels'" are advertising as low as 650 baht a night including Breakfast.

Ask to see the room first before you take it.:D

You say you are a diver...there is nothing grosser than a Sea Cucumber....it looks like two things.

That Rhyme with African Venus and Richard the Third.....................:bah:

You can't go wrong with a deluxe room at the Queen Vic - good exercise up a couple of flights of stairs.

Two minute walk to Beach Road (if not accosted:rolleyes: ) and endless Baht buses - m/cy taxi rank behind QV.

It all depends on which end of town you want to be in.

If your idea of a good nights sleep is having your blood sucked and paying for the privilege, good for you. I'd rather get some informed opinion.

Unfortunately bed-bugs exist, and can be found in the very best & cleanest of hotels, having just arrived on/in the luggage of the previous-occupant of your room. It's not necessarily an inherent cleanliness-problem of the hotel.

What can & should be cause for criticism, is when the management of the accomodation, be it 5-star hotel or backpacker-hostel, ignores a customer-complaint and fails to close the room off for complete fumigation & eradication, as soon as bed-bugs are reported.

It takes more than a quick spray, with a can of 'Raid', as bed-bugs have been becoming more-resistant to insecticides over recent years. And increased-travel, to/from all parts of the world, spreads them further & faster these days ! We also had the problem, back in the UK, that increased occupancy-levels & warmth due to central-heating combined with less-cold winters, which meant that 'natural' die-back due to freezing in winter was reduced. :(

It is also common, in well-run establishments, to have an annual (or even more-frequent) precautionary treatment, as part of their regular maintenance-program. One hopes that higher background-levels of insecticides don't result in unforunate side-effects for the room-occupants ! B)

Edited by Ricardo

Wrote to the management, they didn't reply.

Well I didn't really expect one :-) but I thought I'd give them a chance to sort it out before posting an online review of their hotel. Since they didn't bother, there's now an online review stating this place has bedbugs.

What can & should be cause for criticism, is when the management of the accomodation, be it 5-star hotel or backpacker-hostel, ignores a customer-complaint and fails to close the room off for complete fumigation & eradication, as soon as bed-bugs are reported....

...It is also common, in well-run establishments, to have an annual (or even more-frequent) precautionary treatment, as part of their regular maintenance-program.

My thoughts exactly.

What you saw probably wasn't a bed-bug as they are very tiny.

Have you considered Siam Sawasdee on Soi Buckhow? Cheap rooms and cheerful guests and just 10 minutes from the sea.

I stayed in there once, never again. The room stank and the lift didn't work. I also stayed in their hotel in Khao San Rd, the smallest, dirtiest room I have stayed and and had the privelige of paying 1,000 Bt per night.

What you saw probably wasn't a bed-bug as they are very tiny.

Did some entomology at uni. 5mm, brown, wingless, piercing mouthparts found in cheap Pattaya hotel room...hmmm...looked up bedbug on Wikipedia for photo confirmation. No doubt at all. But I subsequently found a horrendous review of some other hotel in Pattaya where someone had found *hundreds* of tiny juveniles crawling over the mattress. Yummm :)

You wrote to ask if they had bedbugs?

I wrote to reserve a few. But it seems there's no shortage :)

Seeing as everyone is recommending hotels not on Beach Road per your request I'll chip in with Welcome Plaza on Second Road, sort of opposite Royal Garden Plaza.

Good swimming pool and now the constructions have finished behind there should be quiet. 800 Baht a night including breakfast.