To Get Married In Thailand What Papers Do We Need

She well need her Thai ID card and Tabian Baan (House Book) and certified cope of divorce decree if prior marriage. You will need if farang. letter from MFA that you received from your embassy saying you can marry a Thai national and your passport if prior marriage you will also need certified copy of divorce.

If Thai lady has never been married before does she need to provide some document stating this? Freedom to marry doc just like the farang? Or is her house book and ID enough to get married?

No. The amphur has all the information they need from their online database.

Sweeney, dunno what nationality you are, but if you are British and a divorcee, then you need to produce your decree absolute, as opposed to decree nisi and it must be stamped by the County Court that granted it.

That is if you got divorced in the UK of course. Also if you've lost your decree absolute (or, as in my case, never received it) a letter from the court offices where you got divorced confirming the date of your decree absolute is sufficient.

If divorced she needs to provide the original divorce certificate, not a copy!

Don't they stamp and sign photocopies from the register any more?

The register entry is a seperate thing, people also get a certificate as proof of their marriage when they marry in Thailand. When they divorce this is noted in the register, but one also has to return the marriage certificate (proof of the wedding) and in its place you get a divorce certificate. When you want to marry again you now have to submit the divorce certificate to be replaced by a wedding certificate.

If divorced she needs to provide the original divorce certificate, not a copy!

Don't they stamp and sign photocopies from the register any more?

The register entry is a seperate thing, people also get a certificate as proof of their marriage when they marry in Thailand. When they divorce this is noted in the register, but one also has to return the marriage certificate (proof of the wedding) and in its place you get a divorce certificate. When you want to marry again you now have to submit the divorce certificate to be replaced by a wedding certificate.

This is ,of course, if she divorced in Thailand.

Sweeney, dunno what nationality you are, but if you are British and a divorcee, then you need to produce your decree absolute, as opposed to decree nisi and it must be stamped by the County Court that granted it.

That is if you got divorced in the UK of course. Also if you've lost your decree absolute (or, as in my case, never received it) a letter from the court offices where you got divorced confirming the date of your decree absolute is sufficient.

In my case, I contacted the court and for a small fee they provided me with an original copy, with the all important court stamp

I'm an American who plans to marry a wonderful Thai lady in November in Bangkok. I was married previously and the divorce took place 30 years ago. Over the years I've moved to various parts of the country and in the process the divorce papers were lost.

Do I actually have to provide proof of a divorce that took place 30 years ago?

Thanks.

I'm an American who plans to marry a wonderful Thai lady in November in Bangkok. I was married previously and the divorce took place 30 years ago. Over the years I've moved to various parts of the country and in the process the divorce papers were lost.

Do I actually have to provide proof of a divorce that took place 30 years ago?

Thanks.

Unfortunately yes you do.