Vvt-I All Or Nothing

Kwasaki

The 1.5 VVT-i on the Yaris auto, is it normal for it to react something like turbo lag.It seems it's straight to kickall or wait for it.Can they be set or adjusted, Toyota dealer here just said everythings fine, sorry no faith in them.Any of you Rocket scientist out there on the motor forum, could you assist or explain.

Definitely not a rocket scientist, but I never had any sort of "turbo lag" with my Yaris until I changed the battery - the Toyota mechanic knew straight away what had happened after a brief test drive and re-set it in a couple of minutes. May be worth trying another dealer.

Definitely not a rocket scientist, but I never had any sort of "turbo lag" with my Yaris until I changed the battery - the Toyota mechanic knew straight away what had happened after a brief test drive and re-set it in a couple of minutes. May be worth trying another dealer.

Some cars have very small memory in ECU, and changing battery or going below 11,5 volt for hours may delete most info. Time to connect computer:)

Some cars have very small memory in ECU, and changing battery or going below 11,5 volt for hours may delete most info. Time to connect computer:)

Thanks for your response, I think John has the reason, we had the battery changed at the Toyota Dealer !!! they did nothing esle to it.

The Mrs drove it back she would notice anyway, the other day on the odd occasion when I drove it, I noticed it straight away.