Hotmail Help?

prk888

i suddenly cannot upload photos from Picasa to emails in hotmail. Message says Active X wont allow it! I am not PC literate but have looked at Support & FAQs etc but make no sense. Can anyone help?

The simple suggestion i have is don't use Picasa. Just find the original photo file; whether its in 'my pictures' or wherever you saved them. Then upload straight from that destination folder.

I'm not a wizard on the PC, but i upload photos all the time with Hotmail and never have problems doing it this way.

Hope this helps.

Dave.

Thanks dave and i will try that although all pics seem to load via picasa

The simple suggestion i have is don't use Picasa. Just find the original photo file; whether its in 'my pictures' or wherever you saved them. Then upload straight from that destination folder.

I'm not a wizard on the PC, but i upload photos all the time with Hotmail and never have problems doing it this way.

Hope this helps.

Dave.

..but you probably will have to reduce the size for hotmail,think the new hotmail has that feature. From Picasso I usually put them on the desktop and a reducing file sizer gets to work, I put them into hotmail from there.

..but you probably will have to reduce the size for hotmail,think the new hotmail has that feature. From Picasso I usually put them on the desktop and a reducing file sizer gets to work, I put them into hotmail from there.

True....another trick i use to reduce the size, is to right-click on the file, 'open with' 'paint' then once open with paint - 'save as' *jpg then hit ok and the file will be saved as a jpeg file usually no bigger than 1mb.

It's a pretty course way of doing it and i'm sure there are better ways, but i NEVER have any issues or problems doing it like that.

Dave.