I Give Up

swerver

I give up.

I thought maybe Pattaya Burgemeister would perform to make brownie points the official opening for the Queen her birthday August 12, 2010. But no such luck.

For 10± years motorist going to Pattaya on Royal Road 7 have been waiting for the completion of the Royal Road connection with Sukhumvit Road Pattaya.

The design and construction people did a professional job with a left turn exit onto Sukhumvit to proceed to Pattaya Center Road and onward south and a right turn exit to proceed to Pattaya North Road and onward north, complete with going by their never ending Amber color blinking, traffic control lights.

I do not want to become negative but stay positive – something difficult to do in the land of as Bernard Trink coined many decades ago TIT.

So whomever it concerns, please inform us motorist what the hold up is of removing the cement barricade blocks out of the Right Turn Exit on to Sukhumvit from the Royal Road 7.

Better yet, get going and remove the cement barricade blocks so that people who have to go to Pattaya North Road – on which City Hall is located – can do so by using the Right Turn Exit. Instead of as it is now having to use Left Turn Exit and proceed South as far as Pattaya Center Road then make a U-turn and waste gasoline, Diesel fuel or NG driving back in the direction just having come from and then on to Pattaya North Road.

Hoping not to have to wait another 10± years.

I'll second thatand maybe could other motorists stop using the exit slip roads to GET ON to the new road.

I notice too that at the other end of the new stretch, the road markings for the old are still there - so it's only a matter of time before there;s a pile up there.

have you noticed too that whenever a new road is opened in Thailand, they don't tell anyone? I guess it's so those in the know can have a few months of low traffic before it finally becomes general knowledge.

The original contract to build the exit to SUK south and north were separate contracts with different contractors. The south exit was completed and they then contracted a company to remove the barriers for the south going exit. When it came time to contract the barrier removal going north the fuel stations on the west side of SUK said they would loose all that business of the U turn customers so the highway department accepted a "gift" to not open the north exit for at least 5 years until the guel stations are in agreement

The original contract to build the exit to SUK south and north were separate contracts with different contractors. The south exit was completed and they then contracted a company to remove the barriers for the south going exit. When it came time to contract the barrier removal going north the fuel stations on the west side of SUK said they would loose all that business of the U turn customers so the highway department accepted a "gift" to not open the north exit for at least 5 years until the guel stations are in agreement

The above shows how true the following is:

The Thais have no halftones in their register of vision. …

They exclude compromise and pursue their logic of their ideas to its absurd ends, without seeing the incongruity of their opposed conclusions.

Their convictions are by instinct, their activities intuitional. …