Central World Coming To

Just read that Central world will be opening in Suratthani on a 62 Rai Site. It will include Robinson Department Store, Tops Supermarket, PowerBuy, B2S, SuperSports, Office Depot, cinemas, 60 restaurants and 350 shops.

Shame they couldnt build it on Samui, but should be a nice day trip off the Island.

Samui is just too small to sustain such a complex.

It's not being built on the island. ;)

We know dear.

Its impossible to read all the posts on every thread......aint that so carmine?

Especially as long as this one.

Online shopping delivery from Central is the way of the future.....no more trips to Tesco....

Why anyone would make a day trip is beyond me.....it sounds like the Trafford Centre. :bah:

We know dear.

Online shopping delivery from Central is the way of the future.....no more trips to Tesco....

Why anyone would make a day trip is beyond me.....it sounds like the Trafford Centre. :bah:

not a bad idea with the online ordering

why would anyone make a day trip? , something different to do, also no doubt they will have a sizzler there, also everything there will probably be half the price of samui

We know dear.

But i did read the whole post Smokie. I just could'nt see the relevence of post #2 but equally not wanting to make an issue of it.

Day trips over there will be hugely popular with the Thais. Imagine the hysteria this could create baring in mind the excitement generated by a visit to the Tescos on a Sunday. :partytime2:

I just hate shopping malls. The cinema I suppose....and the great sizzlers franchise is opening on Samui anyway.....!

Me too, Smokie. Can't stand the places.... Full of shop assistants who know nothing about what they're selling and don't know where anything is!!!!! Let's hope the local red shirts don't torch the place as in BKK!!!!!!!!!!

as for central plaza heres my understanding and why it won't work with samui

1. first price of land here vs suratthani ( yes I know central can afford it but seriously better value in suratthani anyway )

2. Its being built on 62 rai in suratthani has more flexibility for space anyway

3. It seems central plaza will be trying to attract almost 1 million people living with 90 kilometre radius from the central plaza

4. Samui isn't very sustainable for a central mall, plus population wise were less than 50,000 legal and illegal foreigners, & thai's

5. Big C is empty most of the time, whats the need for a mall when tesco and makro seem to satisfy everything.

6. Central Plaza won't open till April 2010 it seems. A lot of things can happen from now till 2012

last but not least, Maybe just me but a central mall in suratthani I'm not sure how's thats going to work out considering the majority of their target audience is thai's and thai's purchasing power around there is very low.

Is there a difference between a Central Plaza and Central Festivals like in Pattaya and Phuket.

Although I agree with livinthailandos' points, I would love to see a Central Festival on Samui. Very convenient indeed.

I will definitely making day trips to Surat to visit this, just like in the old days when you needed something from Bog C or Tesco Lotus in Surat.

There is a direct relevance to post #2, post #17 goes into more detail.

Maybe English is not your 1st language Carmine.

I'm always up for a bit of baiting especially in the case of this cantankerous wily old pie and mash muncher......only I can't see where you're coming from....please explain then we can all have a laugh.....!

There is a direct relevance to post #2, post #17 goes into more detail.

Maybe English is not your 1st language Carmine.

Calm down dear. My post was made BEFORE #17 was'nt it so what i said in my original post bears no relevence to something said after, right?

Don't reply as without meaning to be rude i have absolutely no interest in the thread. :D

Edited by carmine