Snake

elfe

thanks! but does not look to similar to me?? anyone else knows this snake?

If the snake in your picture was light brown instead of reddish brown, it would be a dead ringer (pun intended). The patterning, and the head shape, and distance of eyes to tip of nose is the same as the one on the link.

Snakes appear in different color phases.

I can't say that I have ever seen that one elfe, and my dogs are snake killers too. Mainly we just get King cobras and those little brown snakes called ngoo sokaplok.

My two kill anything that slithers or moves too, you say King cobra's but are they really king cobras because my two have killed cobras a couple of times but never king cobras....surely most cobras here are just that and not the massive kings which i would imagine are very rare here.

Mmm, King Cobra in Koh Phangan is rather common. I recall a video of a massive 6 mt Python while eating a 4 mt King Cobra.

And a couple of years ago in Haad Yuan, when the owner of the rock restaurant (on the right side of the bay) shot with his revolver to an equally massive 4 mt King cobra nesting among the rocks close to the beach.

Beautiful although scary animal.

Mmm, King Cobra in Koh Phangan is rather common. I recall a video of a massive 6 mt Python while eating a 4 mt King Cobra.

And a couple of years ago in Haad Yuan, when the owner of the rock restaurant (on the right side of the bay) shot with his revolver to an equally massive 4 mt King cobra nesting among the rocks close to the beach.

Beautiful although scary animal.

i almost drove with my motorbike over a king cobra @ laem son lake a few yrs ago, the road leading to laem son bungalows.

I can't say that I have ever seen that one elfe, and my dogs are snake killers too. Mainly we just get King cobras and those little brown snakes called ngoo sokaplok.

My two kill anything that slithers or moves too, you say King cobra's but are they really king cobras because my two have killed cobras a couple of times but never king cobras....surely most cobras here are just that and not the massive kings which i would imagine are very rare here.

We live on a stream and get cobras, king cobras, pythons, vipers, ngoo sokaplok (brown snake with blue markings) and the now rare monitor lizards.

But I can't say I have ever seen elfe's snake.

thanks, it really might be an oligodon purpurascens, found another pic where the snake is more red like the one i found.

post-1514-066591300 1282270467_thumb.jpg

we have here all kinds of snakes, mainly the green tree snakes and brown ratsnakes or radiated rat snakes. but also coral snakes and pythons.

once i went in a pickup taxi on the hilly road to tong nai pan yai in the dusk hour when the taxi suddenly stopped because of a king cobra crossing the road. it sat there head up and looked at us, about 5m long. very spooky and i was scared to death ;) we had to wait for it to continue its walk and so did a few motorbikes which approached. after about 5 mins the cobra went on in the jungle and everyone laughed and joked relieved.. before there were minutes of complete silence. will never forget that and als the taxi driver was in sweat and called me to sit in the cabin from now with him ;)

• Like 1