Bypass Tot (And Other Isp) Throtteling

Darkrose

Should any of you any need any pointers with any of the services I use, I'd be happy to help anyone that needs it.

Here endeth the lesson. :)

It might be easier if you just said, "I don't know anything about this topic, but I do know that services like RapidShare continue to work for me."

Maybe you could try less pontification, and provide more "pointers" in a less cryptic fashion?

I do know things about this topic. I don't know everything there is to know about this topic - nor have I ever said I do.

What I do have is 3 constant years of unbroken internet experience in Thailand where my home is my office - I use it all day everyday. I also speak/read/write fluent Thai. Both are an integral part of my working life and as a result I have managed to acquire some really useful information that I think will make people's lives easier. Quite clearly this is just getting people's backs up and is causing more negative comments and hassle that I had ever anticipated. If I come across as an arrogant b*stard then I apologise for it. I don't want to piss people off, bottom line. You do realise there's no benefit for me in explaining to people about how to go about doing things in other ways? People can try to be helpful without having ulterior motives for doing so. I don't plaster links to personal or affiliated businesses, if I were doing that I could happily accept all the detracting comments, but I don't.

As for "pointers" the info I have put out in TV should really be common knowledge anyway. It's out there if people need to find it. Google, Bing, whatever.

But for you to accuse me of pontificating is laughable - there is absolutely nothing dogmatic about the way I have gone about trying to impart this knowledge I have come across over the years here. I just try and say to people - hey look at this - maybe this could be better for you. I've ACTUALLY tried it and it ACTUALLY works. Not for a few days, not for a few months, for a few years. I try to put forward sound arguments as to why trying something new might be a revalation for some people....from the outside it looks like you're all banging your heads against brick walls - it was primary intention to try and help you alleviate that. I see that intention was misplaced now. I'll read situations like this more carefully in future.

I have not once criticized another TV member for wanting to use torrents as their primary method of downloading and you're quite right in general I should keep my big mouth shout about the whole subject as I'm being no help to anyone at all.

You know what.... sod this.. I'm out. It was a mistake from the outset. I'm going to take my kids out to Koh Lampoo today to feed the fish, the pond on an island in a river! I've been working for 36 hours straight.

No hard feelings, apologies to all those that are offended by my attitude and the best of luck in working out your connectivity problems.

I'm genuinely going to delete my account with ThaiVisa today as the last 2 days has been an utter waste of my time!

Mee chiwit dee mak, dta lod bpai, tuk khon!

Did some testing now here in the last hour, on a TOT line that is heavily throttled.

Without measure, I get 10-20 dl speed.

Changing the port to 21 did not improve anything.

Setting the encryption to enforced and refusing unencrypted incoming connections did not improve anything.

What is working for me now, is using TOR for all Torrent Traffic. I am getting 200-300 speeds now on a 4 MB TOT line.

Tested with one torrent only (private tracker, 10 seeds, 2 leechers)

If you are actually using Tor for your torrent traffic rather than just the tracker connections then please stop as it uses all the bandwidth of their servers up, which they don't appreciate.

Did some testing now here in the last hour, on a TOT line that is heavily throttled.

Without measure, I get 10-20 dl speed.

Changing the port to 21 did not improve anything.

Setting the encryption to enforced and refusing unencrypted incoming connections did not improve anything.

What is working for me now, is using TOR for all Torrent Traffic. I am getting 200-300 speeds now on a 4 MB TOT line.

Tested with one torrent only (private tracker, 10 seeds, 2 leechers)

If you are actually using Tor for your torrent traffic rather than just the tracker connections then please stop as it uses all the bandwidth of their servers up, which they don't appreciate.

I know of the issue, so not using this apart from some testing a few days ago. But the fact that it works will bring me closer to a solution, just have to do some more testing and research.

I was definitely under the impression that the myth - that port forwarding "correctly" tuned to work with your torrent  download platform was the ultimate solution - had been debunked various times. It just does not work.

I genuinely believe that those not on Premium style packages that do momentarily get high range download speeds are not the architects of this. I think this is the ISP not handling/analysing the data correctly for periods of the day and you seeing increased speeds as a result until they rectify the situation.

If you those are you that are lost can get your head around the file-hosting/downloader idea (which is not hard to understand given that you're happy to fiddle with the port settings on your torrent platform) and the small noimal fee you have to pay, I genuinely believe your file downloading experience will be much more happy and relaxed in Thailand. Not only that you'll get your files in a much more timely manner.

Something tells me that I'm shouting into the wind though here.

Going the file-hosting/downloader route is definitely the way to go. Always brazenly fast downloads.  

I was definitely under the impression that the myth - that port forwarding "correctly" tuned to work with your torrent download platform was the ultimate solution - had been debunked various times. It just does not work.

I genuinely believe that those not on Premium style packages that do momentarily get high range download speeds are not the architects of this. I think this is the ISP not handling/analysing the data correctly for periods of the day and you seeing increased speeds as a result until they rectify the situation.

If you those are you that are lost can get your head around the file-hosting/downloader idea (which is not hard to understand given that you're happy to fiddle with the port settings on your torrent platform) and the small noimal fee you have to pay, I genuinely believe your file downloading experience will be much more happy and relaxed in Thailand. Not only that you'll get your files in a much more timely manner.

Something tells me that I'm shouting into the wind though here.

Going the file-hosting/downloader route is definitely the way to go. Always brazenly fast downloads.

WINNER... this is correct and there are tons to choose from, PM me if you need info boys and girls