Valentino Rossi Makes It Official: Switching To Ride For Ducati

submaniac

Darn, that's a bit disappointing to hear. Have always been a fan of Rossi on Yamaha..... I kinda respected him for his riding skill on a "common" bike (Here in Thailand just mention the name "Ducati" to a Thai person who's not a MotoGP fan and it's like you just praised the best motorcycle brand there ever was and ever will be. Mention "Yamaha" and they all think "Fino") annoyed.gif

Makes good sense.

He made his money riding for Honda and Yamaha, but he's Italian and I'm sure national pride is important to him.

He really can't go wrong riding for his country and what is probably the most prestigious brand to most people in or out of biking.

It's like growing up and playing Football for your home team.

Rossi made yamaha, maybe he can do a job for Ducati

The Doctor can make any bike fast... Yamaha was a common bike, now it's clearly amongst the best, given that Rossi's team mate is leading the MotoGP rankings.

Will be interesting to see if the "old hen" still has it in him. I'd not bet against it ;)

post-20814-041929000 1282267244_thumb.jp

Rossi and Stoner on the same team?? That will be fun...

Yeah, it would have been. Seeing as Rossi dislikes Stoner as much as he does Lorenzo. 

It'll be interesting to see what Rossi does with the Desmosedici as so far, Stoner has been the only rider to have any success with it. The past two seasons, the Yamaha has been a cut above so I can't wait to see him in red.

DucatiThailand are almost selling a bike a day now. 23 for July, 19 so far this month. I wonder how  this compares to Yamaha and Kwakasaki big bikes.

Yeah, it would have been. Seeing as Rossi dislikes Stoner as much as he does Lorenzo. 

It'll be interesting to see what Rossi does with the Desmosedici as so far, Stoner has been the only rider to have any success with it. The past two seasons, the Yamaha has been a cut above so I can't wait to see him in red.

DucatiThailand are almost selling a bike a day now. 23 for July, 19 so far this month. I wonder how  this compares to Yamaha and Kwakasaki big bikes.

Casey Stoner will move to the Honda Factory team...

DucatiThailand are almost selling a bike a day now. 23 for July, 19 so far this month. I wonder how this compares to Yamaha and Kwakasaki big bikes.

Yes, I'm aware of that. It's already been stated in post #7 and on multiple websites. Hence the use of the phrase: "It would have been". Edited by RusticCharm

Yes, I'm aware of that. It's already been stated in post #7 and on multiple websites. Hence the use of the phrase: "It would have been". 

:jap: Mea culpa :jap:

Off the MotoGP site : -

Northern Irish former MotoGP rider Jeremy McWilliams will manage a team in the CEV Buckler Moto2 category. Jeremy has always admired Rossi's talent and once said Rossi could win MotoGP on a Kawasaki. Personally I would of like to of seen Rossi go to Kawasaki but Italian on Italian is best I guess.

Official :-

Sunday, 15 August 2010 Ducati and Valentino Rossi have signed a two-year agreement for the nine-time World Champion to race with the "Rossa" of Borgo Panigale in the Ducati Team from 2011.

Just in case somebody missed any of this :- 800cc v 1000cc ???

Preziosi considering a 930cc bike for 2012 Thursday, 03 June 2010

As quoted the General Manager of Ducati Corse, Filippo Preziosi, is already giving serious consideration to the new engine for the 2012 version of the Italian manufacturer's bike, when the new technical regulations for MotoGP will be implemented. Preziosi is searching for the perfect balance of fuel economy and horsepower, with the engine capacity limit being 1,000cc, and said: "It is not clear that 1,000cc is the best, there is a compromise. A 900cc is very possible, maybe even a 930." A final decision will be made later this year, with a prototype of the new bike to be ready for testing in mid-2011.

Executive Officer of Yamaha Motor Co. Ltd, Masao Furusawa, declared in Motorcycle News that the factory would like to continue with 800cc engines in 2012, when the new Technical Regulations will permit a maximum engine capacity of 1000cc. The reason is cost, but Furusawa also says: "It depends on the competition. If our competitors make a better engine than us then we have to change."

Lorenzo: - Saturday, 26 June 2010

"Valentino has been a teacher for me for the past two years. I have learned many things such as how important consistency is and how to overtake without

making mistakes and I think that, little by little, I have come close to his level. I think we will soon see new duels," he said.

Could find anything about Casey Stoner going to Honda directions please.

Edited by Kwasaki