And so the exodus of quality expats begins. This time it's personal

8. 34

Indian Woman Strips in Defence Against Theft Claim

9. 38

Are Older Men in Thailand Trading Love for Financial Ruin

10. 165

Ukraine ... Enlighten yourself

11. 2,488

Thai gov. to tax (remitted) income from abroad for tax residents starting 2024 - Part II

12. 165

Ukraine ... Enlighten yourself

13. 25

Israeli Interrogator Warns of Continued Violence as Long as Hamas Leader Sinwar Lives

14. 72

A good hotdog

New Pizza House In Pattaya

Pongpat

I like garlic also but I don't like Thai style garlic paste (the exact same taste as you find slathered on Thai pork with garlic dishes) on a pizza. It gives it a Thai taste and the last thing I want on a pizza is a Thai taste. I find it interesting that didn't bother you, but of course everyone's palate is different. Did they ASK you about your crust thickness preference? I wasn't asked.

BTW, for those that know about the details of how Thai restaurants work here. That strong Thai garlic paste that is used for pork/chicken with garlic dishes, is that something generally bought pre-prepared in Thai markets? I haven't really noticed it but the taste doesn't taste fresh to me, more like something out of a bottle that has been sitting on a shelf for months. I am not talking about sliced fresh garlic, rather that thick yellow oily paste stuff (which I believe was on their pizza and still feel was all wrong).

Edited by Jingthing

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I will hold the garlic.

Never had garlic on a pizza.

I am afraid the garlic would over power the taste of the taste of the sauce and toppings.

It might be OK to add a little garlic to the sauce but that is all the garlic I want on a pizza.

OK, this is my review.

I ordered a large Mr. C’s Favorite (Pepperoni, Italian Sausage and Onion) and 10 Chicken Wings Medium. Including delivery charge and tip 600 Baht total.

The best pizza I ever ordered by far in Thailand.

Much better than US franchises in the US, such as Pizza Hut, Domino’s, Papa Johns, or Little Caesar.

Better than some Mom and Pop Italian Restaurants or Pizzeria’s and not as good as others you would find in the US.

Crust: Really good, but kind of missing that little extra zing some places have, missing some kind of spice, but I liked it.

Cheese: As most of you know, cheese is really expensive in Thailand. I make quite a bit of pizzas at home and always buy the most expensive Mozzarella I can find. His cheese is MUCH better.

I live in Jomtien, so I knew it would not be hot when it got here. I had a few warm slices and then heated the rest up in the oven for 5 minutes. After I heated them up the cheese became really chewy like great Mozzarella does.

Sauce: Not bad, but a little sweet for my taste.

Toppings: The Italian Sausage is defiantly imported and not something you can find here. It was really good, not great but I enjoyed it. The Pepperoni I really did not taste, I guess I am going to have to order a Pepperoni pizza to review it.

Size: The size was a 12” and not a 16” like you would expect a large pizza to be.

Will I order it again: For sure (ching ching) it will be on my eat once a week menu.

The Wings: My review would be exactly the same as Jingthing for the wings. I really like Buffalo Wings that are breaded and the sauce is made from Louisiana Hot Sauce. These were not breaded and the sauce was a homemade version which I did not particularly care for.

I will not order them again, but that does not mean they were bad, some people might like it. But it wasn’t my thing.

Again like Jingthing, about the only thing the Great American Rib Company does good anymore are their wings, since they have to be cooked fresh. Their BBQ can be a week old by the time you get it, which is why I have stopped eating there even though I love BBQ.

Overall, I would certainly try this place if you are a Pizza lover, you are not going to get any better in Pattaya, or at least I have not found any better.

Excellent review, Bill ...!

Your experience was similar to mine, but I have one question. Would you describe the crust as thin, medium, or thick, and did you call out a thickness and/or were you asked for a preference?

Overall agreed, good pizza.

The crust, I agree quite good, but it was missing a certain something that's hard to pin down, so not perfect. My thick one had a not crispy enough issue.

The sauce, yes a tad too sweet for my taste, Thai tastes creeping in, did the New York founder go home?

The cheese, tasted very good! So creamy when hot.

Pepperoni, yeah, you're right, pretty meh.

Thanks for the tip about the sausage.

You have good taste in wings. Their wings do not, ha ha.

Sounds nit picky but again overall a delicious pizza, believe it or not, go try yourselves.

Edited by Jingthing

Your experience was similar to mine, but I have one question. Would you describe the crust as thin, medium, or thick, and did you call out a thickness and/or were you asked for a preference?

It is defiantly not thin crust, it is too thick. I would say it is closer to medium, but not quite. It is his own version which I liked.

Thanks for the report as if there isn't enough pizza places in Pattaya already.

But the next time i fee like a mixture of cheese.oil, white flour and organ meats i will check it out.

BTW I thought pizza olriginated in Ita;y not New York.

Actually pizza came from Greece and Egypt.

I was there tonight for 1 hour. Service was prompt and the pizza delicious. My friend ordered a sub which was about 80 baht less than my pizza but nowhere near as filling. There were 2 other foreigners dining too. I think it would be pretty cool if Thai families went there too.

This is their large size New York Pizza ,

LPUa0-ed42a89a.jpg

295 baht .

NY Pizza ? maybe for a couple of tourists from Idaho eating at a Pizza Hut some where outside of Niagara Falls.

Guess getting a good real deal pizza in Pattaya is about as likely as finding some good Mexican food.

Edited by JimmyTheMook

Looks good to me too - although a bit light on the pastrami. BTW, I noticed last night (mmmhhh!) that what they call "large" is what I call medium (8 slices), but they do have an extra-large (12 slices)!:thumbsup:

Thia weekend had the Buffalo Wings Special 10 wings 129 baht, very good taste and they were baked not fried saving a few calories...Hope you enjoy

Interesting. Did they tell you they were baked not fried? I did notice they weren't greasy but they were crispy so I really couldn't tell by the taste whether they were fried or not. I assumed cripsy meant fried.

As far as the taste, may I ask your nationality? I can't imagine an American familiar with real Buffalo chicken wings would find them good tasting spice wise at all. Plus no celery or cheese dip. But I agree the chicken itself was quite good.

Thia weekend had the Buffalo Wings Special 10 wings 129 baht, very good taste and they were baked not fried saving a few calories...Hope you enjoy

Interesting. Did they tell you they were baked not fried? I did notice they weren't greasy but they were crispy so I really couldn't tell by the taste whether they were fried or not. I assumed cripsy meant fried.

As far as the taste, may I ask your nationality? I can't imagine an American familiar with real Buffalo chicken wings would find them good tasting spice wise at all. Plus no celery or cheese dip. But I agree the chicken itself was quite good.

Hi....I'm from Connecticut, Italian heritage...I love spicy...yes I had some blue cheese dressing home to dip...yummy

• 1 month later...