August 21, 201016 yr Good morning forum, I am planning to stay in thailand for a long time and hence, i am planning to get a thai driving license before buying a car. However, i was checking the website for getting a license for the application procedure. being a thai non-national, I would require an international driving permit and a valid license from my home country as stated in the application requirement. however, I don't have a valid license and international driving permit as well from my home country. I would like to give the test and get a license. I just needed to know if that is possible for an international on a non-immigrant visa. Looking forward for some answers please. Thanks
August 22, 201016 yr Yes, its possible to get a legal driver license for auto and/or motorbike with no IDP and home country license. You will need to take the written and driving tests at the Dept. of Land Transport of you're choice.
August 22, 201016 yr Author cool..thanks!!!! Do I have to stay for 3 months minimum to apply here or can I go any time!? A fast reply would be appreciated.
August 22, 201016 yr You only need to get a "certificate of residence" from immigration or your Embassy. Along with any type of Visa (NOT VISA ON ENTRY)
August 3, 201115 yr For all your driving licensing requirements contact Khun Paision Tel 0868958660 He will guide you through this process smoothly alos if you want any driving practice he is the right man
Create an account or sign in to comment