Covert Indicator Mod - Where Can I Get Fitted

mallmagician

Hi,

I have seen thousands of cars with a covert Indicator mod fitted to it here in Thailand. They must be extremely fashionable, so I want one so that I can fit in with the locals.

I wanted to get one fitted to my car, but have been unable to find a garage that stocks or fits them.

Any pointers?

Thanks

Phil

• Like 1

Hello there,

It is fitted to a car, so that when you use the indicator stick in the car (As is the law), the resulting indication light on the outside of the car is put into covert mode, and other vehicles will be unable to see the light.

They are really very popular here, Im surprised you have to ask.

I must say, it puts a lot of fun into driving here.

Phil

• Like 1

Hello there,

It is fitted to a car, so that when you use the indicator stick in the car (As is the law), the resulting indication light on the outside of the car is put into covert mode, and other vehicles will be unable to see the light.

They are really very popular here, Im surprised you have to ask.

I must say, it puts a lot of fun into driving here.

Phil

:cheesy:

I could take the fuse out I suppose, but I worry that the nice ticking sound that the interior indicator lights on my dashboard make, may well stop too. I usually focus on this ticking sound as a form of meditation when cutting corners to turn right, otherwise the experience may be harrowing for me, as Im farang. I just want to merge in with the locals.

• Like 1

While people are thinking about garages that stock this popular mod, I wonder if anyone knows where to get the radar systems fitted?

They are the ones that scan the road ahead of you with a very wide arc.

Thai's have them fitted to bikes and cars to enable them to turn left without having to physically look at the road before pulling out, thereby saving a couple of seconds....it all adds up!

As they are fitted to bikes aswell as cars, I assume the radar unit is quite small like a GPS tracker with a small screen or something.

Any pointers?

• Like 1

In Saudi Arabia the traffic flows from your left, so when the traffic stops on your left (red light) your light will turn green and time to go. The problem was when the yellow caution light on your left was on the traffic in back of you was blowing their horns and you had better be half across the intersection even though your light was red.:o You need to hear 100 hundred cars blowing their horns at all times.:lol: What we would do is go tire kicking in the new auto show rooms and ask the salesman if their cars came with automatic detection sensor for detecting the lights to blow the car horn automatically. I really wanted that option on my car.:lol:

In Saudi Arabia the traffic flows from your left, so when the traffic stops on your left (red light) your light will turn green and time to go. The problem was when the yellow caution light on your left was on the traffic in back of you was blowing their horns and you had better be half across the intersection even though your light was red.:o You need to hear 100 hundred cars blowing their horns at all times.:lol: What we would do is go tire kicking in the new auto show rooms and ask the salesman if their cars came with automatic detection sensor for detecting the lights to blow the car horn automatically. I really wanted that option on my car.:lol:

I can see how that would have been a useful time saving addition in Saudi.

Do you drive here in Thailand? Do you have a Thai license?

I currently have an English License with International Permit, but am soon to upgrade to a swanky Thai license.

I was wondering if the Thai license then gives me the exemption pass that means I dont have to stop when the lights turn red, or do I need to apply for that exemption pass seperately?

Its tricky driving here, but at least Im now taking steps to get it right.

Phil

• Like 1

I can see how that would have been a useful time saving addition in Saudi.

Do you drive here in Thailand? Do you have a Thai license?

I currently have an English License with International Permit, but am soon to upgrade to a swanky Thai license.

I was wondering if the Thai license then gives me the exemption pass that means I dont have to stop when the lights turn red, or do I need to apply for that exemption pass seperately?

Its tricky driving here, but at least Im now taking steps to get it right.

Phil

Yes I have a 5 year Thai license and drive around 25,000 kilometers a year between Chiang Mai and Surin with other stops added on. As for the exemption on the Thai license you already have it on yours. The number of farangs that I see doing the same same that we are laughing at is astronomical.:lol: Definitely get your Thai license. It well come in handy at times.

Oh wow, that's good news there then. Red light exemption sorted. :)

Now to find the elusive covert indicator mod, and the left turn road radar (I did see a "Turn Without A Thought" radar on a foreign website, but not sure if it is available here in Thailand. I think they use an acronym on the retail packaging)

Thanks

Phil

Edited by mallmagician
  • Like 1

I think you should go for the upgrade model of Indicator Randomiser. The indicator control switches on the indicator, but is it left or right? Whichever it is, you have to turn that way - even if its acoss three lanes of fast moving traffic. There is also a mod (must be as it seems fitted to many cars) that automatically turns off your headlamps when it gets dark (to conserve bateery power I guess) - sometimes one, sometimes both and sometimes the tail lights too just for that added thrill.

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun MallMagician,

Have you heard of the Indicator-Sub-Woofer-Synchronizer mod ? This is custom made here in Thailand, in Udon, by the Crash Test Dummy Smart Pants Bob company, and synchs the indicator lights according to lower frequency pulses from your currently playing music. But, it only works with Thai Luk Thung music, so far.

Khun Bob, a farang, we just heard, was killed last week in a massive rear-ender (an auto-crash, not a colonic); he is rumored to have been field-testing a radical mod of the Synchronizer that added additional brilliant-color L.E.D.'s to the tail-lights of his 1962 Cherry-Red Cadillac El Dorado convertible as seen here: Bob's Last Caddy

RIP, Khun Bob

best, ~o:37;

Yes indeed the covert indicator is a hot mod these days, I couldn't afford it myself so I went the cheaper route and got the covert brake lights. Not as impressive I know, but good enough for the girls I go with.

About the radar scan for left turns, I believe it is not in fact a mod, but rather a divine gift to the Thai people from a transient naga. I have heard it referred to as the divine left, a traffic maneuver so dangerous that only those who have been blessed can attempt it. Any foreigners attempting the same thing are quickly eliminated because Darwinian laws are more strict on non Thais.

Edited by canuckamuck

Mall do not fall for this so called " mod " It is a scam. All Somchai in the mod shop does is simply take out all the bulbs in the rear light clusters as you do not need any of them really do you. At night you only need full beam to see where you are going and you do not need brake lights as you know when you are going to press the brakes so can save money and power by not having any bulbs in the back. Save yourself some money and do the " mod " yourself :D

I believe I read somewhere that the <deleted> radar system referred to above comes in the same package as the full lock warning alarm which sounds a loud klaxon should the driver be in danger of getting anywhere near full lock while turning a corner, thus spoiling the graceful sweeping arc designed to despatch any motor bike riders emerging from the minor road.

Edited by Greenside

The best bit about the swanky new credit card style licence(s) that we get here in Thailand is that they don't bugger about putting pictures of different vehicles on the back to show what you are licensed to drive. If you get a car and a bike licence you get two separate super swanky licences. This is great for me because I find in the modern world there are so few cards in my wallet that I am always wishing I had more cards to carry around with me... :jap:

My complaint about the full lock alarm system is that the driver has to swing wide to the opposite direction, before turning, to activate it, though it does have the same result with passing motorbikes.

(I admit that I had been greatly puzzled, before seeing an ad for the device, as to why a nation raised on little Hondas drove with the style of truck drivers.)

Edited by CMX