Whats The Problem With Tv From South Africa

wordchild

Tried to find a bar with the cricket on tonight, went to about 4 none of them had it. I was told in one there was a problem with the signal from south africa and TV from there was not available in Thailand at the moment. If this is permanent its a bit of a problem for those of us who want to watch the odd cricket or rugby game. Anyone got any more info on this?

you might want to do a search of topics about "Astro", the satellite, it seems that it was going to stop but some posters said that trasmissions restarted (or never got interrupted, sorry i can't remember) at some point, it was a big issue during the world cup as you can imagine:D last month i have also been to a few hotels in BKK and they were all showing the Astro channels, just a few of them unfortunately but i particularly appreciated the "Discovery" channel (or something similar to it) and the old "BBC" and "CNN"....

• Like 1

Permanent. Its history.

This is correct, I am the GM at Jamesons in Silom and we are no unable to get SA supersports due to a change in trajectory of the satelite. Basically it's not flying over asia. I am hoping to have the Tri Nations tonight but, because of the rain, all my dishes are no longer workeing.

All nonsense. DSTV/Multichoice from South Africa was cut from C-band a couple of months ago. They now only transmit via KU band which is very narrow and only covers the South African continental area.

Astro is from Malaysia and is currently the only alternative.

DSTV which shows just about every sport one could wish to see has been effectively shut out of Thailand for a couple of months as Phil says due to the change of satellite. However some have circumvented it & are receiving but we are not allowed to discuss the whys & hows here. Australia Network which is available through the cable companies does show the rugby.

A friend of mine told me that Chequers bar on soi 4 (not a bar i ever go into) had the cricket on last night, picture quality was v. poor as they seemed to be pulling it off an internet feed, but at least it was something. (The problem I have with watching sport in that bar is its tiny and they allow people to smoke , for a non-smoker its like sitting in an ashtray sometimes)

DSTV which shows just about every sport one could wish to see has been effectively shut out of Thailand for a couple of months as Phil says due to the change of satellite. However some have circumvented it & are receiving but we are not allowed to discuss the whys & hows here. Australia Network which is available through the cable companies does show the rugby.

Are you saying someone found a way to receive DSTV/Multichoice in Thailand now? I'd be very curious as to how they did that considering the beam only covers SA now. (It doesn't have to discuss any decoding issues so it shouldn't be a problem discussing that here).

I am the manager of chequers bar on sukhumvit soi 4. I am showing all cricket and other sports that are shown on SKY from the UK via a special internet connection. The picture reception is now up to 95% perfect. We will certainly be watching England v Pakistan tonight.