Australian National Brutally Bashed & Robbed In Pattaya

Rimmer

I bet this was indeed a case of an easy looking mark who the perps deduced would reap a rich reward. They were right. I guess one prevention method is to try to appear broke arsed (not a stretch for many of us).

Also, fanny pack, not only a fashion police FELONY, an open invitation to snatchers.

Edited by Jingthing

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he's trying to suggest that 'Aussie' is a racist term.

Which it isn't of course, some people are just completely ignorant on such matters.

'Aussie' racist? He must be kidding, right? I take it is as just a normal abbreviation. I don't even mind being called a 'convict'. Jeez I've hear worse. I think some people are far to serious and sensitive.

Anyway, what was this guy thinking, why carry so much cash on you anyway. Must have been ready for one hel_l of a night. :blink:

mw4cqb.jpg

For those who think that Thailand is so safe. Its ranked 14 in the world murder wise.

I note that you could clump nearly 50% of those Countries listed as previous members the old Soviet Union (USSR).

Anything in that?

And I am surprised Thailand is in list....where was the source for the statistics?

mw4cqb.jpg

For those who think that Thailand is so safe. Its ranked 14 in the world murder wise.

I note that you could clump nearly 50% of those Countries listed as previous members the old Soviet Union (USSR).

Anything in that?

And I am surprised Thailand is in list....where was the source for the statistics?

and you think everything goes reported in thailand.. just look at the deaths in pattaya that are classified as suicide.

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_mur-crime-murders

Edited by robblok

mw4cqb.jpg

You're getting tied up with stats and 14th place on the graph, but by the time the graph gets to 0.0800798 (14th place) you're close enough to zero for your comparison to be meaningless in reality, Next thing you'll be saying that a place is much safer because 0.01 people per 1,000 less are being murdered. Why not provide a link so we can discover the rest of your rankings to see the whole picture.

Edited by tropo

I cannot believe this was a standard bashing and robbery in Soi 6 at 9pm. There are a few ladyboy bars there now on the main Soi and I'm guessing he may have seriously offended someone to get bashed like that.

I wonder why an Aussie is walking around with US cash?

Uhh, second that...and let's throw some racism in too....Aussie??? :whistling:

Yes, I'm Aussie.

What has racism got to do with what I suggested, i.e. that this attack may have been provoked?

I think he's trying to suggest that 'Aussie' is a racist term.

Which it isn't of course, some people are just completely ignorant on such matters.

No you are all wrong - he is questioning the bashed fellow being an Aussie. ie: Let's throw in some racism - because that fellow is not an "Aussie".

My ex-girlfriend ended up working in Soi 6, Pattaya. I managed to enrage her Thai boyfriend by having almost free sex with her for five years but he was restrained by the thought of how much money he was going to get when I sold my house in the UK. However, I sold it but told them that it was still rented out and after I finished with girl without any dosh as compensation (I don't give money to girls who have Thai boyfriends) the Thai guy went ballistic, beating her up and threatening to kill me if I set foot in Thailand again. I have come twice since then and both times he approached the hotel owner where I was staying about planting drugs in my room (luckily they don't seem to have any serious Mafia connections and the hotel owners actually warned me off)... anyway the relevance of the above, is that the girls in Soi 6 almost always have Thai boyfriends and they get all wound up and enraged and will attack ANY farang that takes their fancy, just to prove that they are real men, etc.

BTW I did report the Thai guy to both the Thai police and Interpol, the latter as he was trying to play the big man by stealing my letters and getting his computer hacker mate to get into my UK bank records (some of the paper statements the ex-girlfriend had access to) - pointless as they have no idea where I live or where I have moved my money to. I then texted the ex-girlfriend with the info that I had alerted the police, from the safety of the UK... you can imagine how enraged that would make the Thai boyfriend, the idea of a farang setting thai police on a thai man.

Basically, then, even if you have done no wrong, you may be standing in for some other farang who has wound up some Thai men and is not available for a beating.

Needless to say, my next holiday will be in the Philippines

I was attacked by 2 teens near the South Pattaya temple around 8pm not long ago. One of them pulled a kitchen knife on me. With 6'6' and military background I luckily managed to fight both of them off with some good kicks. Several Thais just watched and smiled from safe distance. Did not bother to call police. It seems to happen so often these days, from what I read and hear. Reckon, it won't get better. Terrible for elderly people who make good targets.

My ex-girlfriend ended up working in Soi 6, Pattaya. I managed to enrage her Thai boyfriend by having almost free sex with her for five years but he was restrained by the thought of how much money he was going to get when I sold my house in the UK. However, I sold it but told them that it was still rented out and after I finished with girl without any dosh as compensation (I don't give money to girls who have Thai boyfriends) the Thai guy went ballistic, beating her up and threatening to kill me if I set foot in Thailand again. I have come twice since then and both times he approached the hotel owner where I was staying about planting drugs in my room (luckily they don't seem to have any serious Mafia connections and the hotel owners actually warned me off)... anyway the relevance of the above, is that the girls in Soi 6 almost always have Thai boyfriends and they get all wound up and enraged and will attack ANY farang that takes their fancy, just to prove that they are real men, etc.

BTW I did report the Thai guy to both the Thai police and Interpol, the latter as he was trying to play the big man by stealing my letters and getting his computer hacker mate to get into my UK bank records (some of the paper statements the ex-girlfriend had access to) - pointless as they have no idea where I live or where I have moved my money to. I then texted the ex-girlfriend with the info that I had alerted the police, from the safety of the UK... you can imagine how enraged that would make the Thai boyfriend, the idea of a farang setting thai police on a thai man.

Basically, then, even if you have done no wrong, you may be standing in for some other farang who has wound up some Thai men and is not available for a beating.

Why the F@$k are u having sex with a thai girl with a thai bf ( and knowing him) ? Are you that cheap u cant go out and find either a bg for a few hundred or one without a bf?

To me u come across as a total loser and I wouldn't bla,me him for having you beaten up.

I was attacked by 2 teens near the South Pattaya temple around 8pm not long ago. One of them pulled a kitchen knife on me. With 6'6' and military background I luckily managed to fight both of them off with some good kicks. Several Thais just watched and smiled from safe distance. Did not bother to call police. It seems to happen so often these days, from what I read and hear. Reckon, it won't get better. Terrible for elderly people who make good targets.

The time and place is a little surprising. Was this in one of the dark alleys near the temple or right on South Pattaya road? I would be very surprised about an attack at that time of night right on South Pattaya road.

Yellow Journalism.

I cant see how they know 5 thai's jumped him? and why? This is not just random violence. Lots more to this

Umm it's called witnesses, I'm pretty sure there were plenty around there at that time of night, it's around peak hour for soi 6 etc.

Fanny bag because its close by one's fanny, not many men have fanny's (apart from select few in Pattaya) so lets call it a bumbag.

Ha-ha , normally men only wear a waste bag when they have prostate problems , then it is strapped to thier thigh , as apposed to carrying money in a 'Fanny bag' which is strapped around the waist .

mw4cqb.jpg

You're getting tied up with stats and 14th place on the graph, but by the time the graph gets to 0.0800798 (14th place) you're close enough to zero for your comparison to be meaningless in reality, Next thing you'll be saying that a place is much safer because 0.01 people per 1,000 less are being murdered. Why not provide a link so we can discover the rest of your rankings to see the whole picture.

I provided a link for the rest, there you can see that it is bad here.. then also this is a 3rd world country not everything gets reported. I gave the Pattaya suicides as an example. Percentwise there are 32 times more murders here as in Holland. Its even more as 2,5 times the of the UK (never new the UK was that bad)

Edited by robblok

Yellow Journalism.

I cant see how they know 5 thai's jumped him? and why? This is not just random violence. Lots more to this

Umm it's called witnesses, I'm pretty sure there were plenty around there at that time of night, it's around peak hour for soi 6 etc.

Yes peak hours on a busy soi, and 5 thais just deceide to beat this guy up in front of everyone. its just not sounding all there.

Edited by phuketrichard

I cant believe some of you thaier than Thai apologists! Yer lets blame the victim. How dare a tourist to carry a bum/fanny/waste bag, How dare he enter a tourist area and in the early evening too. He obviously provoked and forced the nice local lads to beat him and steal his money. He was just lucky he wasnt in the UK or he would have been beaten worse and more often. Unlike you I have empathy for the guy and hope this poor victim, of violent crime in Thailand, wounds heal well and the criminals caught and punished.

• Like 1

Some posters appear to be under the delusion that Thailand is not a violent country. As a Buddhist country, one would think so, but it is not the case. Thailand is a very violent country and because there is so much of it, it is not newsworthy. People are inured to it. The only murders to make the news are those with a catch.

Waza

I do apologise, I wasn't meaning to demean the circumstances the guy found himself in. I was only wondering why a guy would carry so much money on him.

Of course, not knowing the circumstances of why he was beaten, I do feel sorry for his predicament, or anyone else that finds himself the subject of a random beating, if that was the case here. :D

and you think everything goes reported in thailand.. just look at the deaths in pattaya that are classified as suicide.

http://www.nationmas...r-crime-murders

Certainly suicides are not reported in many countries in the news media. You're speculating that most suicides reported in Pattaya are murders, but you can't do that as you don't have proof.

According to the link you provided 3.7 more people are murdered per 100,000 people than in Thailand than in the United States. This is supposed to indicate that Thailand is too dangerous a place to live?

6.5 more people are murdered per 100,000 in Thailand than in Australia. Yikes! I bertter get on home.

If you think Angeles and Manila girls don't have pimps/boyfriends, think again.

Pattaya, Soi 6 is hazardous these days. It's not like it was in the old days, in the last few years it has become very risky.

I say: Approach with caution.

I cannot believe this was a standard bashing and robbery in Soi 6 at 9pm. There are a few ladyboy bars there now on the main Soi and I'm guessing he may have seriously offended someone to get bashed like that.

I wonder why an Aussie is walking around with US cash?

not sure if its the same soi 6 your thinking of??? they may have lb bars down there though :) looking at the photos i dont think it is, but not 100% sure.

"assault in Soi 6, Second Road" "At the scene, Second Road end of Soi 6" "walking along Soi 6 towards Second Road"

http://www.nationmas...r-crime-murders

Certainly suicides are not reported in many countries in the news media. You're speculating that most suicides reported in Pattaya are murders, but you can't do that as you don't have proof.

According to the link you provided 3.7 more people are murdered per 100,000 people than in Thailand than in the United States. This is supposed to indicate that Thailand is too dangerous a place to live?

6.5 more people are murdered per 100,000 in Thailand than in Australia. Yikes! I bertter get on home.

I never said you should go home, you just should not say Thailand is a safe country. Also you have to take into account that (and i cant prove it) things are not recorded well here. Im sure things are better recorded in the West. I just posted this because i got sick and tired of people saying how safe Thailand was.